Rob Burrow

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

It’s heartbreaking, Rob was one of those rare players that I think was universally liked and admired by every clubs fans and player ?

Absolutely. He frustrated me no end watching him run rings around my team. How can you not admire a guy his size and build achieving so much in a sport like this?

Really sad news. Hard to know what to say really.

13 minutes ago, Bert1 said:

Can it be fought? It seems a short time from diagnosis to the end ?

Well I guess it can be fought in the way that Doddie Weir and others have fought it. By staying positive and doing all you can to raise awareness and find a cure. Unfortunately however it always wins.

can only echo every sentiment on this thread so far, great player, great bloke all we can do is support him off the pitch now like we did on it.

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Echo what everyone else has said. Saw the news and just stopped in my tracks. Devastating.

Thoughts are with him and his family.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Devastated for him his wife and the little ones, right before Christmas as well. Doesn’t bear thinking about what they’re all going through in these moments. But if there’s one thing we all know about Rob, a bloke who’s 5ft 6 doesn’t make near on 500 appearances at the top level without being a fighter and that’s just what he’s said he’ll do. 

I saw at least one person mention fundraising- here’s the official link that has been set up http://virginmoneygiving.com/fund/robburrow

In my prayers from now on, Rob. 

Devastating news. If you can donate to his fund and/or attend the Leeds v Bulls game on 12th January which will now be a joint JJB testimonial and Rob Burrow fundraising game.

This is very, very sad news.  The poor guy.  It is one of the worst diseases to develop and already it's affecting him judging by that interview.  It is such a cruel way to go and for someone so young as well, how heartbreaking.

He drove me nuts in his pomp as he destroyed Saints' chances in grand finals time and again but he was never arrogant.  Instead he was just a good bloke using his talents to the maximum effect.

It is never nice to see anyone contract MND but such a decent guy with a young family and so much to live for is especially poignant.  I do hope all of them receive the best possible support through what will be the hardest few years of all their lives.

15 minutes ago, Bert1 said:

It’s hard because we all know what it does and to see a young man deteriorate is difficult to take. I was talking to my mate just the other day who said his grandad got it at 90 so to hear this the day after is shocking.

yep our friends dad has it in his mid 80s - got it bad this year, just shows this evil horrible nasty thing doesn't mind who it preys on.

did the bloke who invented the phrase "one hit wonder" invent anything else?

Archived