Stand-off – Martyn Ridyard
Scrum-half – Ryan Brierley
Prop – Eddie Battye
Hooker – Bob Beswick
Prop – Mitch Stringer
Second-row – Dane Manning
Second-row – Andrew Dixon
Loose-forward – John Davies

Five Featherstone players in that line up but really only 2/3 readily associated with their time at Fev.

What do you think? I guess Saxton, Kain, Finn, Dickens, Dale etc finished (in the Championship) a little too early in the decade.

Hardman and Spears perhaps?

Interesting list, though it does seem that longevity in the Championship during that decade has been one of the decisive criteria for inclusion - nothing wrong with that, but that's probably why the likes of Dickens (who retired in 2012) and Finn (who went to SL in 2014) aren't included.

If it were just a "best 13 to have played in the Championship in the last decade" it's possible none of those 13 would make the cut. But that list is fair enough as a representation of Championship stalwarts of the last 10 years.

Yeah Penky over Beswick every time. I remember Beswick getting pushed to 13 when we signed Gleeson. As said though its slightly skewed in that theres a lot of better players missing out because they only played a year or two, I could make a good argument for Ben Black and Royston been in there.  No real surprise that its dominated by Fev, Fax and Sheffield players.

How many years was Andy Ellis playing in the Championship? 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Liam Finn spent the first 4 seasons of the decade in the Championship and finished on top of the table in every one of them, then moved up to Super League where he had 5 very good seasons as a regular first choice. How could Ridyard or Brierley compete with that, they were Super League failures and have only had 2-3 seasons as the best in the Championshipi? 

Anthony Thackeray would also have been a good pick because of his time with Fev, Fax, Dewsbury, and now Sheffield.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Im sure I saw another team named elsewhere on social media or did I imagine that?

You can argue about so many different players over a span of 10 years, I mean how hard is it to pick a team over just 2 or 3 years. Like Worthington and Yere over Tyrer?

The team in the original post was the League Express one. More recently the RFL issued an "official" one which did include Tyrer along with Murrell and Sharp. Who knew that Fax had such a devastating set of backs?

Archived