NCL players to the Pro game 2020

3 hours ago, Black Junior said:

I see that Andy Lea from Thatto has signed  at Rochdale and Dwyer to Widnes. 

Rowse to Hunslet

Dixon to Whitehaven

And Rochdale have signed a few lads from Mayfield. 

Anyone else know of anyone who’s signed pro for this season from the NCL?

Marcus O Brien Egremont to Workington Town

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Plenty players from amateur signing for championship and championship 1 clubs, is this due to the fear that not enough players will be released by super league and those championship clubs that have reserve teams therefore less dual registration players to be relied on. These clubs therefore filling their squads up.

The knock on effect is community clubs being stripped of their players, for free and no recompense other than the individual players maybe earning a few bob, probably peanuts in the big scheme of things.

Surely the community clubs that produce these players get something back as a reward for the production of players that have probably started their rugby league careers way back at possibly 7,8,9, 10 years of age and have had numerous funds spent on them, maybe not directly, but the costs of running and maintaining the said community clubs is massive.

9 hours ago, TheDuke said:

I agree wholeheartedly but most championship and league one clubs are financial basket cases with debts

Maybe something the RFL should take on board to they can help plough some cash back in to the grass route clubs, all in recognition for what they are doing for the game, wont happen tho, 

On 20/12/2019 at 22:56, usain bolt said:

Surely the community clubs that produce these players get something back as a reward for the production of players that have probably started their rugby league careers way back at possibly 7,8,9, 10 years of age and have had numerous funds spent on them, maybe not directly, but the costs of running and maintaining the said community clubs is massive.

Clubs do get money if a player has played with their juniors goes onto to sign for a pro club, they get more if they play a game and again if they play 10 games. Cannot remember the money the club i was at last season got but it was a decent amount for a couple of players.  

59 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Clubs do get money if a player has played with their juniors goes onto to sign for a pro club, they get more if they play a game and again if they play 10 games. Cannot remember the money the club i was at last season got but it was a decent amount for a couple of players.  

Interesting what the figures are, clubs like Rochdale, Swinton, north Wales etc rely on the production of players from else where, and probably pay minimal amounts to the community clubs that have invested so much into the game by producing the players in the first place. 

On 22/12/2019 at 16:37, usain bolt said:

Interesting what the figures are, clubs like Rochdale, Swinton, north Wales etc rely on the production of players from else where, and probably pay minimal amounts to the community clubs that have invested so much into the game by producing the players in the first place. 

I think you could say that they don't pay minimal amounts to the community clubs, to be honest.  It will eventually kill the open-age amateur game, and community clubs will (sooner than we think!) just run up to Under 15s.  

3 hours ago, away again said:

True they don't pay the RFL do as I said earlier, but as a lump sum is nice, don't you think having a talented player in your side up to and playing O/A level is better for the progression of your club?

Not if they're taken away for free, or peanuts , then there's no progression for the club as sometimes the club is left with minimal or no players

If they go to a club they should be registered to the RFL then the Community Game Compensation kicks in, albeit for registration is minimal. Then if they get disillusioned or feel this isn't for them and dont go back to their club the game has lost out again, and yes no progression for either.

£100 per player to the community club as compensation for producing the players from an early age, like I said peanuts. That's for championship and championship1 clubs that don't have academy, £100 plus £350 for first first team appearance at super league or championship with academy. A bit more if they make 10 plus appearances too.

• 2 weeks later...

Two Premier League clubs have lost players to the pro game. Thato Heath have lost 5 players and Rochdale Mayfield 6 players all signed by Rochdale Hornets.

Good to see lads getting their chance in the Pro game but feeling sorry for the two clubs who will miss those quality players. 

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

18 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

Two Premier League clubs have lost players to the pro game. Thato Heath have lost 5 players and Rochdale Mayfield 6 players all signed by Rochdale Hornets.

Good to see lads getting their chance in the Pro game but feeling sorry for the two clubs who will miss those quality players. 

Not as many as you guys but yeah we've lost a couple to pro sides as well this. As you say, don't begrudge them the opportunity one bit, but it certainly has an impact on the unofficial 'feeder' clubs and of course, there's no kind of compensation. Good luck for the season pal. 

2 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not as many as you guys but yeah we've lost a couple to pro sides as well this. As you say, don't begrudge them the opportunity one bit, but it certainly has an impact on the unofficial 'feeder' clubs and of course, there's no kind of compensation. Good luck for the season pal. 

Good luck to your lads as well. Our win against you (Rochdale Mayfield) kept us in the Premier League last year. I always enjoy the fixture with your lads. you have a great club with fantastic support.

Oh and that winning try for us in the cup final a few years ago was definitely not a knock on LoL.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

1 hour ago, Big Doug said:

Good luck to your lads as well. Our win against you (Rochdale Mayfield) kept us in the Premier League last year. I always enjoy the fixture with your lads. you have a great club with fantastic support.

Oh and that winning try for us in the cup final a few years ago was definitely not a knock on LoL.

Just when I thought we were friends, Doug! hahaha - was some day in Manchester that! All the best pal and luck forward to welcoming your lads in March - I should be up in Leeds for that game. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any more notable players signed for pro clubs from the community teams?The season is only a few weeks away for ncl and regional leagues, how are teams faring? I've a feeling teams won't be as strong this season, a general decline in the amateur leagues as a host of top end lads have crossed over to the pro teams at championship,championship1 and reserve team level.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived