Ticket Prices - How much is too much?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

How many grounds are 3/4 full? 

Not many unfortunately, maybe 75% is ambitious. I can’t help but think anything under 2/3 average is a failure in some respect. 

of course that’s my opinion, no doubt some will think that’s unfair

6 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Probably worth mentioning that rugby union and cricket aren't necessarily expecting the same people to turn up three weeks in succession in the same manner as this is the case for RL. As it is, I've set myself a pool of £100 for the three England v Australia games and, given my ticket has only cost £15 for Bolton, I might go in to one of the more expensive sections at Leeds and/or Spurs.

Fair point

£15 is a bargain... Surely Bolton will be full? 

22 hours ago, aj1908 said:

whats the cost at lamport ? imo 100 is a lot to sit in that stadium.

is there a special price for the carboard cutouts lol

Well I wasn't specifically thinking about Lamport, firstly because it's general admission so you can sit in as good of seats as you want. My comment was more about the point that only talking about price without talking about what kind of seat you get for that is somewhat useless.  Comparing "cheapest cost of entry" seems to be what most people are actually focusing on.

But since you mention it, there isn't a way I could see Lamport charging close to $100 while it's all GA bleachers. Defined sections, if not seat, and seat backs would be necessary to increase the value there. $35 for single game tickets isn't bad for a big city sports market. Even less for STHs makes it a good value. I don't know offhand what that number is, TWP plays too many Saturday games for it to be an option for me. My Arrows seasons were $20 a game, a great deal I jumped on since there are no Saturday conflicts with my own rugby team. 

My frame of reference was my Hamilton Tiger-Cats season tickets, which are the cheapest possible at also $20 a game. But as another poster said about other stadiums, I'm completely satisfied with the view I get for that price so have no reason to pay more. Those tickets are in my opinion the best value out of all the sports I watch. Even the Platinum seats, at $100 a game, aren't unreasonable either. Not for me, but I could see one day deciding to spring for something like that. If I didn't also have rugby and my Gf has soccer Sth, I probably would already. 

2 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Well I wasn't specifically thinking about Lamport, firstly because it's general admission so you can sit in as good of seats as you want. My comment was more about the point that only talking about price without talking about what kind of seat you get for that is somewhat useless.  Comparing "cheapest cost of entry" seems to be what most people are actually focusing on.

But since you mention it, there isn't a way I could see Lamport charging close to $100 while it's all GA bleachers. Defined sections, if not seat, and seat backs would be necessary to increase the value there. $35 for single game tickets isn't bad for a big city sports market. Even less for STHs makes it a good value. I don't know offhand what that number is, TWP plays too many Saturday games for it to be an option for me. My Arrows seasons were $20 a game, a great deal I jumped on since there are no Saturday conflicts with my own rugby team. 

My frame of reference was my Hamilton Tiger-Cats season tickets, which are the cheapest possible at also $20 a game. But as another poster said about other stadiums, I'm completely satisfied with the view I get for that price so have no reason to pay more. Those tickets are in my opinion the best value out of all the sports I watch. Even the Platinum seats, at $100 a game, aren't unreasonable either. Not for me, but I could see one day deciding to spring for something like that. If I didn't also have rugby and my Gf has soccer Sth, I probably would already. 

Lamport has been fine for the club so far but if Toronto make a success at super league it needs some major work done to it.

The club would be missing out on lots of corporate dollars through lack of proper amenities.  Seating also needs to be bucket style vs bench 

Capacity should hopefully.rise as well.  Hopefully.bob Hunter can fix this.

Toronto's crowds have been amazing.  I can't remember a genuine expansion club having such large crowds.  Perth and Adelaide got around 15k early and dropped off.

London at craven park got great crowds early on which fell away to 3k at other venues.

As long as argyle remains committed I don't think we've seen their full potential 

2 hours ago, aj1908 said:

Lamport has been fine for the club so far but if Toronto make a success at super league it needs some major work done to it.

Why does it need to? If people coming to watch and they make enough money, why?

Not they couldn't make more money ig they upgraded, but if they don't want to if it's working well enough I don't see why it's anybody else's business. 

3 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Why does it need to? If people coming to watch and they make enough money, why?

Not they couldn't make more money ig they upgraded, but if they don't want to if it's working well enough I don't see why it's anybody else's business. 

I think the clubs needs it to improve their finances.  

Reading this thread and the many comments re next season's Ashes games.

Have I missed an announcement regarding Wayne Bennett has he been retained or filed in the bin under useless?

It really matters to me as it will dictate whether I attend the tests or not, I stated after spending a not to inconsiderable amount going to New Zealand for her indoors and myself for the recent series that I will not attend if he is in charge, up to now nothing has changed my thought process.

In general the RFL games are probably priced correctly albeit with too many "offers" at times which devalues what should be and is a premium product

On the other hand a lot of clubs it feel over charge for league games with prices having steadily increased over the last few games. I'm not saying all entry should be £10 but £25+ for a league game makes it very expensive especially for a family

Fancied London Broncos v Whitehaven in Broncos’ and Haven’s first game back in the Championship, I enjoyed both when I saw them live this year and that game had the added bonus, I believe, of Saints’ reserves being the precursor. Just had a look online and Broncos want TWENTY-FIVE POUNDS for second tier Rugby League. 

Broncos have lost themselves a South East based customer. I won’t pay that for Championship RL, I’m afraid. 

I think "too much" is a tough question.  I think best to think what is reasonable for an average ticket and then there are degrees of cost and comfort away from that.  For me, 20 pounds for a weekly ticket and 50 for an 'event' is reasonable for a standard tickets.  Then the bigger the game and more fancy the ticket builds on that.

Id happily pay 20 pounds for Dons vs Cov

Id happily pay 50 for Magic

Id happily pay 50 for an average ticket for England vs Aus/NZ/ or Fiji

Id pay hundreds for a decent seat at a Leeds vs Wigan Grand Final

Any Canadians or Americans that can tell me more about the inclusions for a membership to baseball, hockey or basketball?

With so many games a season, I don’t expect that many members go and watch every home game. How is this considered in club memberships?

10 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

Any Canadians or Americans that can tell me more about the inclusions for a membership to baseball, hockey or basketball?

With so many games a season, I don’t expect that many members go and watch every home game. How is this considered in club memberships?

Toronto blue jays can resell upto 40 of their 81 home tickets through the ticket exchange (cheapest are at 8.30 a game). Yay baseball

Ice hockey: 43home games (all season tickets include 2preseason games. 41+2)

Maple leafs...welll they have a 250 year wait list, and the licenses which allow you you to have first shot at some seats are in the multiple thousands.... Let's not talk about them

Buffalo is only an hour and a half awayish from Toronto, and season tickets start at 23 USD a game.  Ive bought single game tickets from season ticket holders on eBay before with great success!

5 minutes ago, Bulliac said:

And maybe a stadium tour?

a stadium tour of belle vue would be good, similar to a tour guide taking you round the cold wet dripping caverns of the peak district I imagine

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

23 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

a stadium tour of belle vue would be good, similar to a tour guide taking you round the cold wet dripping caverns of the peak district I imagine

Well, to be fair, there aren't many grounds where you'd really need the tour guide...

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

3 hours ago, Bulliac said:

Well, to be fair, there aren't many grounds where you'd really need the tour guide...

"And that spot on the pitch over there is where Richard Harris got punched in This Sporting Life" 

On 23/12/2019 at 14:47, TheReaper said:

It all depends on what kind of seat you're getting.  $100 would be too much to be in an upper corner or end zone but could be a great deal a midfield close to the action.

Unless you're the Toronto Maple Leafs, then you take that Nosebleed Section $125 dollar ticket and be happy with it.  While gulping down your $10 beer and $10 hot dog.

2 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Unless you're the Toronto Maple Leafs, then you take that Nosebleed Section $125 dollar ticket and be happy with it.  While gulping down your $10 beer and $10 hot dog.

News bud. Beers aren't 10 anymore. You're looking at 13-15 nowadays at least  (for a small)

All seats at Headingley are way too expensive.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

You can almost always watch a rugby league game in this country for £20, whether it’s standing on an open terrace for, say, Fev vs Oldham or in a state-of-the-art all-seater for England vs Australia.

Can’t complain about that from a personal POV but some of the lower league venues can seem a bit steep.

Archived