Welcome Hanley Dawson

silverfox

Welcome to the club Hanley. Hope you have a successful time. I really like the way Chris Thorman and the club are going about recruitment. We still have experience in the squad but are also bringing in young local players who he has obviously identified as having what it takes to progress in the game. Given his input at the giants academy and the quality and progression of a number of their young players over recent years I think it augurs well for the future of the club.

33 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Hope you enjoy yourself at  Town Hanley .and become as good as Billy Patterson  was at loose forward 

If he wants to be like patty, he’s needs to have that big naughty schoolboy grin that glint in his eye before he throws his punch lol, but welcome Hanley hope you have some great experiences in the blue and white utt

29 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Welcome to the club Hanley. Hope you have a successful time. I really like the way Chris Thorman and the club are going about recruitment. We still have experience in the squad but are also bringing in young local players who he has obviously identified as having what it takes to progress in the game. Given his input at the giants academy and the quality and progression of a number of their young players over recent years I think it augurs well for the future of the club.

Agree it’s nice to see local lads getting a chance. Have the Cumbrian pro clubs got a plan on how they are going to help the local amateur clubs develop as there isn’t a bottom less pit of players out there?

My local club now has 10 players signed on for the Cumbrian clubs ( I’m guessing some other may have more) and the support it gets is non existent 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Tbh I’ve never heard of him but I trust Chris’s judgement of a player and his aim to get the county’s top guys here so all the best to him . 

Watched him on our league app in tri series against Lancashire i think, looked a strong carrier and agressive defender.

Good luck at Town Hanley, give it your best, thats all we want from any player

11 minutes ago, havenhater said:

What's our official squad now then? I didnt know we had marwood and lancaster officially but it appears we have and I'm happy.

Is fell our other half back then for Doran and Forber?

I didn’t know we had Lancaster,I thought he had left but more than happy if he is still in the squad, I think gabe can cover a few positions in the backs including the half’s,possibly a little more cover to come ??

Archived