Old Swinton Programs

Kayakman

My daughter and her boyfriend ran into this guy in a small village...he has started a brewery...my daughter noticed his accent and he said he was from a place in England few in Canada have ever heard of called "Swinton"

My daughter says, "You mean the home of the Swinton Lions??"

The guy pretty well dropped and he pulled two boxes of old preserved programs from Swinton in the late 1950's and early 1960's.  So homesick and wanting to talk RL....been out of touch with the game and the homeland for quite a while.

My daughter came and got me and I went out there.  I walk into the place and loudly proclaim, "Is there a fan in here of the Manchest....I mean Swinton Lions?"

He had to hear the whole story.   His dad played a bit for  Swinton in the old days.  He has some beautiful old programs (two boxes) full of old Lions stuff...many some real beauty programs there in great shape...also Gr. Britain programs vs. Australia and New Zealand from the early 60's.etc.  He pointed out one of the Lions team had three guys from Swinton on it.  His name is Andy Stimpson and he graduated from a place called Cromwell School in 1965.  Anybody know him?  His family were true fans of the Club.

He was also wondering if I could contact someone from the club and arrange to donate the old programs to the club (if anyone would want them) to use to promote the club.

Anybody know Andy (his nickname was Skinny) and would someone from the club want the programs (some real beauties in there)/memorabilia?.

Let me know.

5 hours ago, Lion heart 59 said:

he's a bit older than me ,but i would be surprised if someone did not know him ,i'm sure someone would be interested , tell him to join the swinton lions family page on facebook or contact STEVE WILD  at the club 

Thanks Lion Heart.....I will pass the message on.

I will go out to his brewery and have a beer with him and give him the news....the poor guy is so homesick for Swinton its actually hard to believe.  His beer is pretty good.  Auto mechanics love the stuff.

20171103_181526-830x939.thumb.jpg.9531ee17f538e55408d34885da2d994f.jpg

If you are struggling o get rd of the memorabilia I will take it from you?

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

On 03/01/2020 at 07:04, RIGGY said:

Ask him to send some beers over too   ?

He was bringing down a number of cases for the Swinton boys when they were in Toronto.  Its a funny story since he has a smart car all done up to look like a can of 10W30 and broke down on the way and never made it...broke his heart.

On 02/01/2020 at 08:49, Mark said:

If you are struggling o get rd of the memorabilia I will take it from you?

Here is his email...you should contact him (he told me he wants to be contacted):

www.neustadtsprings.com

Good hunting.

Archived