Only at Dewsbury

NickD

Just come in through one turnstile, handed over £18, got £3 change.   New charge apparently.  
wife went through next turnstile and was charged £18. ????

god bless.  

You got ripped off. Queued for 15 minutes at the adult standing turnstiles. Confusingly, the signs advertised the prices as 18 pounds and 16 pounds. When we finally got to the turnstile we were told it was 15 pounds to get in! Also the Royal Suite seems to have massively underestimated how many people want a drink after the match. Thoroughly enjoyable day otherwise.

Think they ran out of change... after queueing for 5 mins the lady in front of me handed over £20 to be told by the teller she had no change and would have to go to another turnstile. The lady refused to budge so got in for £15 ? up I steps with my prepaid ticket to be told to go to the South stand, whereupon I was eventually allowed through the turnstiles with just a glance. It seems technology hasn't got to Dewsbury yet, and don't get me started on the referee today.. 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

9 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Think they ran out of change... after queueing for 5 mins the lady in front of me handed over £20 to be told by the teller she had no change and would have to go to another turnstile. The lady refused to budge so got in for £15 ? up I steps with my prepaid ticket to be told to go to the South stand, whereupon I was eventually allowed through the turnstiles with just a glance. It seems technology hasn't got to Dewsbury yet, and don't get me started on the referee today.. 

How ungrateful you are - he gave you a penalty allowing you to to equalise. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

5 hours ago, NickD said:

Just come in through one turnstile, handed over £18, got £3 change.   New charge apparently.  
wife went through next turnstile and was charged £18. ????

god bless.  

So you didn't pay for her then Nick? Proper Christmas spirit that is.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

So you didn't pay for her then Nick? Proper Christmas spirit that is.

Damn right BSJ.   If I paid for both that would be 30/38/33 quid depending on which turnstiles we used.  That’s way too much for any Yorkshireman surely?

Turned up with printed tickets and there was no sign on the turnstiles to say where to queue. Went in concessions line asked a steward when we saw him behind the gate and got sent to the queue at the end. Tickets weren't scanned and we missed first 4 mins of the game. But at least we did better than those stood behind us. 

Annoyingly we missed Batleys first knock on of the season. Cant imagine we'll get to see another.

Enjoyed the game though.

For when the one great scorer comes to mark against your name he writes not if you won or lost but how you played the game.

On 26/12/2019 at 19:08, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Turned up with printed tickets and there was no sign on the turnstiles to say where to queue. Went in concessions line asked a steward when we saw him behind the gate and got sent to the queue at the end. Tickets weren't scanned and we missed first 4 mins of the game. But at least we did better than those stood behind us. 

Annoyingly we missed Batleys first knock on of the season. Cant imagine we'll get to see another.

Enjoyed the game though.

Batley Fan here. . Went to junior turnstile and asked where to go with my printed QRCode ticket. She said in here. She glanced at ticket and gave me it back and let  me in. Could have photocopied it and and give 1 each to the 1500 Batley fans ?.

Her turnstile wont tally will it. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

10 hours ago, colinb said:

Batley Fan here. . Went to junior turnstile and asked where to go with my printed QRCode ticket. She said in here. She glanced at ticket and gave me it back and let  me in. Could have photocopied it and and give 1 each to the 1500 Batley fans ?.

Her turnstile wont tally will it. 

Stop lying, we all know you Batley fans don't travel in numbers! ?

My view for what it's worth

£18 mistake

Should have been £15

For every person who comes through the turnstile without the correct money your going to give them 2 pound coins change, more people will rock up with a £20 note than people with the correct money.. A fact

Unless you issue turnstiles with large amounts of pound coins this was going to fail... And did dramatically. 

Etickets

Batley's system not ours and why it was imposed on us for this game I don't know, a Batley member of staff should have manned a turnstile just for Etickets and then any problems with scanners or tickets could have been dealt with far more easily. 

Bars

Southstand bar understaffed and created more problems than it solved, by the sounds of reports similar problems in the Royal suite

Car parks

Numpties on the main entrance held the traffic line far too high this caused a problem on owl lane with traffic, if they had simply dropped the line back to the junction that goes around to the main stand and worked 2 rows.. The blood pressure of a few fans arriving would have been considerably lower. 

Club flag not flying and substituted by a union jack.. Really? 

Must do better at the next home game and learn from mistakes made. 

1 minute ago, coolie said:

£18 mistake

Should have been £15

For every person who comes through the turnstile without the correct money your going to give them 2 pound coins change, more people will rock up with a £20 note than people with the correct money.. A fact

Unless you issue turnstiles with large amounts of pound coins this was going to fail... And did dramatically. 

Etickets

Batley's system not ours and why it was imposed on us for this game I don't know, a Batley member of staff should have manned a turnstile just for Etickets and then any problems with scanners or tickets could have been dealt with far more easily. 

Spot on Coolie.  I actually went up with a tenner and 8 one pound coins fully expecting there to be a lack of quid coins...£18 on a cash turnstile...asking for trouble ..

Club flag not flying???  

26 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Could l ask why the Dewsbury club would allow a system to be 'imposed' on them, presumably against your will. Dewsbury were the home club, surely up to them what systems are used. 

I wondered why it happened... I understand it’s due to turn at the rams in 2020 with the bulls playing there too...

unless They wanted to trial it 

anyway it’s been and gone learn from mistakes I know a few who didn’t bother going this year nothing really to play for... for me it’s need to be a league match 

Just now, Keep The Faith said:

I wondered why it happened... I understand it’s due to turn at the rams in 2020 with the bulls playing there too...

unless They wanted to trial it 

anyway it’s been and gone learn from mistakes I know a few who didn’t bother going this year nothing really to play for... for me it’s need to be a league match 

This has been an issue with friendly games for as long as I can remember (a long time btw) and will never alter. Some see it as a waste of time, some see it as an opportunity for a bit of RL after a long hiatus, some see it as a chance to get out of the house/out of the way and, for a diminishing number, some see it as their only live RL game of the year.

1811 turned up which isn't too bad is it? The teams got a run out, we got a chance to chat with our mates again and Nick had the excuse for another grumble. What's not to like?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, coolie said:

£18 mistake

Should have been £15

Etickets

Bars

Southstand bar understaffed and created more problems than it solved, by the sounds of reports similar problems in the Royal suite

Car parks

Numpties on the main entrance held the traffic line far too high this caused a problem on owl lane with traffic, if they had simply dropped the line back to the junction that goes around to the main stand and worked 2 rows.. The blood pressure of a few fans arriving would have been considerably lower. 

Club flag not flying and substituted by a union jack.. Really? 

Must do better at the next home game and learn from mistakes made. 

Fan cup 

Great green product to eliminate throw away plastic glasses

But only in Dewsbury 

Would they be used as well as plastic , when there supposed to replace them

20191226_110331.jpg

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

This has been an issue with friendly games for as long as I can remember (a long time btw) and will never alter. Some see it as a waste of time, some see it as an opportunity for a bit of RL after a long hiatus, some see it as a chance to get out of the house/out of the way and, for a diminishing number, some see it as their only live RL game of the year.

1811 turned up which isn't too bad is it? The teams got a run out, we got a chance to chat with our mates again and Nick had the excuse for another grumble. What's not to like?

Turned into a pre season game the 2003 season 

I think it would be better to start the season in December/January and finish in August 

58 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Turned into a pre season game the 2003 season 

I think it would be better to start the season in December/January and finish in August 

Personally I would rather start in mid-March and finish in October. The best conditions for playing and watching RL often occur in September/October. In their wisdom our league chooses to end on the first Saturday in September having made the fans freeze their whatsits off through February and early March.

7 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Fan cup 

Great green product to eliminate throw away plastic glasses

But only in Dewsbury 

Would they be used as well as plastic , when there supposed to replace them

20191226_110331.jpg

Hi Bob hope you enjoyed the pint mate

Story with the glasses. 

It's a change over period where before the boxing day clash we had 800 single use glasses left, would be silly simply not use them, the single use glasses will be phased out thru the bottle bars, the glasses pictured will be available in the southstand bar where a £1 deposit will be taken with the pint, you return it you'll be reimbursed your £1,if you want to take it home or reuse it for further drinks that choice is yours, it works fine at Batley and no reason it shouldn't work at the Rams, it's a great idea that will pay dividends in the long run for the club and more the environment. 

Please support this initiative. 

14 hours ago, coolie said:

Hi Bob hope you enjoyed the pint mate

Story with the glasses. 

It's a change over period where before the boxing day clash we had 800 single use glasses left, would be silly simply not use them, the single use glasses will be phased out thru the bottle bars, the glasses pictured will be available in the southstand bar where a £1 deposit will be taken with the pint, you return it you'll be reimbursed your £1,if you want to take it home or reuse it for further drinks that choice is yours, it works fine at Batley and no reason it shouldn't work at the Rams, it's a great idea that will pay dividends in the long run for the club and more the environment. 

Please support this initiative. 

As you can see , I did , but not many others did

IMG_0583.JPG

3 hours ago, DOGFATHER said:

I don't know, it just keeps getting worse, from fake recycled glasses to dreadfully organised turnstiles and now racially slurring your new Welsh signing, not every Welsh man likes to sing. ?

Headline taken from Rams website.

https://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/2019/12/30/davies-sings-for-rams/

I'll have a pint of what you've had mate

I'm lost with your post

Archived