Rhinos game - Wetherby whaler

5 hours ago, Dunbar said:

Maybe you are right. He is similar to Roy Keane in his approach to other players and it served him ok.

The overriding impression I get is that he is quick to find fault in others and blame even his own mistakes on team members and that cannot be good for moral. 

My feeling is that he is a better player than teammate and that negatively effects the teams he plays in.

Roy Keane would be a good comparison for me. 

For the last game against us at Belle Vue he was the Wakey player who seemed often close to boiling over. But was very very passionate- constantly gee-ing up the others and I've always said he is a superb organising half. 

Probably a decent drinking partner too... Though maybe not just before a flight ?

On 26/12/2019 at 19:21, Wollongong said:

If I’m honest I’m worried about trinity this year... our main playmaker and only scrum half is almost 40... we are carrying several older (experienced) players who are likely to play less games than they miss. Some our main strike players had crippling injuries last year. Players in are not generally of good stock. 

Ah the Cas troll pretending to be a Wakey fan from the other forum arrives, happy days.

On 26/12/2019 at 19:55, Oliver Clothesoff said:

This was my concern around Trin, they’re worth keeping an eye on in the battle for survival next year, IMO. 

couple of questions for you and graveside.

Have you ever read a teamsheet?

Do you understand a teamsheet?

Are you aware of what a pre-season game is?

So Wakefield field a team missing the following players...

Tom Johnstone

Bill Tupou

BJB

Joe Arundal

Danny Brough

Tini Arona

David Fifita

Craig Kopczak

Joe Westerman

All first choce players, with the backline in particular being totally makeshift. Also a number of players returning from injury.

Against a virtually first chouce Leeds playing at home.

Yet despite this you bin the team on a result that quite frankly was less one sided than it should have been. Remember 16 points came when we were down to 12 men with a player on the way to hospital.

I'd suggest Leeds have more concerns, they played that game like it was a cup final, yet it clearly wasn't as Chester threw in more and more youngsters. We'll see what happens in the real games.

Hell Trinity may prove to be utter ###### and Leeds champions elect I don't know but to try and work that from the Boxing day game is pure idiocy.

17 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Ah the Cas troll pretending to be a Wakey fan from the other forum arrives, happy days.

Troll or not, he makes a few good points about the make up of the Trinity squad for 2020.

If Broughs age catches up with him his decline could be dynamic and rapid which would leave us with Miller & Hampshire neither of which is an organiser or possesses a more than average kicking game.

Tupou, Ashurst, Fifita, Johnstone & Arona are all returning from injuries ranging from fairly serious to career threatening, no one knows if they’ll recapture their best form. At the very least it’ll take time for each of them to find their stride and get up to speed again.

Recruitment has been at bargain basement level and while I know Trinity have resurrected a few careers in the past I’m not sure these recruits are going to frighten anyone’s defences. Tangata & Green are similar standard to the players they replaced in Hirst & England while Atkins is way past his best and we don’t even know where he’s going to play. Westerman is another whose best is well behind him and he comes with an injury cloud over him.

Lets hope that all goes well and everyone hits their straps because I think this season more than any in recent years the poor recruitment means we are gambling big style with SL survival.

5 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

couple of questions for you and graveside.

Have you ever read a teamsheet?

Do you understand a teamsheet?

Are you aware of what a pre-season game is?

So Wakefield field a team missing the following players...

Tom Johnstone

Bill Tupou

BJB

Joe Arundal

Danny Brough

Tini Arona

David Fifita

Craig Kopczak

Joe Westerman

All first choce players, with the backline in particular being totally makeshift. Also a number of players returning from injury.

Against a virtually first chouce Leeds playing at home.

Yet despite this you bin the team on a result that quite frankly was less one sided than it should have been. Remember 16 points came when we were down to 12 men with a player on the way to hospital.

I'd suggest Leeds have more concerns, they played that game like it was a cup final, yet it clearly wasn't as Chester threw in more and more youngsters. We'll see what happens in the real games.

Hell Trinity may prove to be utter ###### and Leeds champions elect I don't know but to try and work that from the Boxing day game is pure idiocy.

You’ve not read anything of what I said or what I quoted. Hope your next post goes better. 

8 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

What?!?!???? Welcome to 2020 ?

i watched my first trinity game in around 68 home vs Huddersfield... then I started in 1974 home bs Keighley...  and became hooked... i saw Trevor Skerrett run 60 meters for a try vs Warrington in a big win the next game.., 

that season we led the league at Christmas a snow Ridden Belle Vue on New Years besting Featherstone by a long distance Dave Smith try... I was at post office road when les sheard and Paul O’Brien scored tries to get us to the semi final play off vs Salford (we lost both legs) 

from that season until around 95 ( when my work took me away from my home town) I was a season ticket holder... I took the day off work sick to watch the 79 cup semifinal win vs saints ( a game I still watch regularly) I was at Wembley.... I missed the last Yorkshire cup win because of holiday  (and my wife bought me the video for our anniversary which is what the holiday was for) 

once I moved away I attended every game possible .., a 150 mile round trip to home games... during that time I sponsored games and I was the management consultant that brought the senior sales managers from coors brewers to the club for a three day team building event. 

in 2008 I took a job in Australia my last game before leaving was vs Leeds in a home defeat and whilst here I often stay up overnight to listen to games... my last visit to Belle Vue was in July on a short trip to the UK I stood on the terraces and saw the two academy teams play against London 

I have attended Wheldon road just once when trinity weren’t playing and that was in about 1978 a Yorkshire game ... and I only attended because Terry Crook had been selected ( and he had a great game!)

I wrote for the program in the early 2000s as spook and have regularly contributed to community and business functions. 

Whilst I was too young to remember the 68 team I’ve since seen Neil fox, Ian Brooke, Dave Topliss, Mick morgan, Bill Ashurst, Keith Smith, Geoff Gerard, Steve Ella, Mark Graham, Ray Price, Ben Westwood, Gareth Ellis, David Solomona and Tom Johnstone play in the sacred colours. I know and regularly correspond with several former players and officials 

I stopped posting on ‘the other forum’ several years ago When I posted as Spook. And before that Underground. 

if you don’t like my opinion... debate it ! Challenge it! But do not personally attack with unfounded allegations and false rhetoric. Trinity is in my blood.... and 13000 miles has not diluted the passion! 

I expressed an opinion as a trinity fan for over 50 years yet you dismiss the point ( trump like in your arrogance) as trolling. 

Archived