Rochdale Are a Much Better Investment ?

ste 81

Yeah right. They do have some advantages over Swinton but seriously they are not a sound investment (no British rugby league club is). 

If I had money to spend and wasn't sentimentally attached to Swinton I'd be looking at Oldham to invest in. Lot to put right there but lots of potential 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2019 at 12:25, gandalf said:

Yeah right. They do have some advantages over Swinton but seriously they are not a sound investment (no British rugby league club is). 

If I had money to spend and wasn't sentimentally attached to Swinton I'd be looking at Oldham to invest in. Lot to put right there but lots of potential 

I agree that you do not own a rugby league club to make money (with the exception of Toronto), oldham have just moved out of the town and with 2021 looming its important that a club represents a town they are in Rochdale haven't moved out of Rochdale, oldham just have and its been 25 years since swinton played in swinton.

On 28/12/2019 at 17:43, hunslet ramone said:

What he means by this is , We could not get Swinton to fold and become Manchester Lions RLFC , but we might be able to fool Rochdale with this con instead. 

The reason the group wanted swinton to change to Manchester is because they hadn't played in swinton for 25 years and Manchester may have attracted new fans, they were trying to do you a favour. That's not a worry for us as we play in Rochdale.

Unfortunately alot of Boards view Rugby Club's as businesses. Yes Rochdale have a much larger population and some good building blocks in place. Like a stadium they rarely get to play in, but they get far lower attendances by ourselves who have played outside of the town for pushing 30 years. 

On 20/01/2020 at 12:15, ste 81 said:

Unfortunately alot of Boards view Rugby Club's as businesses.

It is a business, without that mindset the club folds.

Yes Rochdale have a much larger population and some good building blocks in place. Like a stadium they rarely get to play in

In two seasons we have only failed to play 3 of our scheduled games at home, it happens that 2 of them where against swinton.

but they get far lower attendances by ourselves who have played outside of the town for pushing 30 years. 

That is the point you haven't played there in 30 years, with the right marketing coupled with us being in Rochdale will get more attendances.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2020 at 19:51, gandalf said:

Really? My friend is from Rochdale and was surprised when I told her the town has an RL club.

Again that is down to marketing 

On 23/01/2020 at 19:51, gandalf said:

No amount of marketing will get her to go 

Why is that?, rather than just say they won't come back tell us the reasons why. It's very easy to say they won't come back but that doesn't help us at all, but the  reason why she won't come back may help us to improve our game day exsperance.

Archived