What Does Your Standard Matchday Look Like

I’m interested to know how people on this forum enjoy their matchday experience.

Pre-match routines, general admission or corporate facilities? Post match activities at the ground or nearby pub.

I get a couple of outdoor corporate boxes a year. These open 2.5 hrs before KO and include unlimited free drinks with pre-match and HT snacks. I get there for the full 2.5hrs before to get the most out of the facilities and inclusions.

Otherwise, I have GA tickets through three game membership packages and usually go down the pub before with a few mates that are going and get to the club an hour or 30minutes prior because they don’t really have any other entertainment running at the club. I don’t stick around after games usually because the security is too overbearing due to a local liquor licence sherif. I swear he must be a Manly supporter ?

Would love the club to spend a little more energy on pre-match entertainment. It’s important that they maximise their revenue for the entire day, not just the match and the 60 minutes before it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sports Prophet said:

I’m interested to know how people on this forum enjoy their matchday experience.

Pre-match routines, general admission or corporate facilities? Post match activities at the ground or nearby pub.

I get a couple of outdoor corporate boxes a year. These open 2.5 hrs before KO and include unlimited free drinks with pre-match and HT snacks. I get there for the full 2.5hrs before to get the most out of the facilities and inclusions.

Otherwise, I have GA tickets through three game membership packages and usually go down the pub before with a few mates that are going and get to the club an hour or 30minutes prior because they don’t really have any other entertainment running at the club. I don’t stick around after games usually because the security is too overbearing due to a local liquor licence sherif. I swear he must be a Manly supporter ?

Would love the club to spend a little more energy on pre-match entertainment. It’s important that they maximise their revenue for the entire day, not just the match and the 60 minutes before it.

Who do you support?

Leave home at about 8am, drive approx. 200 miles with a toilet and coffee break somewhere on the M6, visit a few relatives both living and those that have passed, get some lunch, check into a hotel, have a quick shower, walk into town, have a couple of pints, watch the match, few more pints afterwards and then back to the hotel to get some sleep before the 200 mile drive home. 

24 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Leave home at about 8am, drive approx. 200 miles with a toilet and coffee break somewhere on the M6, visit a few relatives both living and those that have passed, get some lunch, check into a hotel, have a quick shower, walk into town, have a couple of pints, watch the match, few more pints afterwards and then back to the hotel to get some sleep before the 200 mile drive home. 

That is more or less exactly my away game schedule though I only do it maybe 4 times a season

Sometimes enjoy the anticipation on way up - listen to Schoey and co drivel on in the Forty20 podcast 

Never enjoy the drive back even if we win but you have to take the rough with the smooth

Leave my Kent Commuter town around 10:00am on a Sunday get to Charing Cross about 11.15, Tube across London to Paddington. Train to Ealing Broadway get their approx 12.30. . If dry, walk from Ealing Broadway common to Trailfinders - Catch the end of the Academy game, enjoy the peace and quiet at Trailfinders, Buy the match programme about 40 mins before thae game starts to get the team sheet, take my perch in the standing area. Confirm my mad fan status by clapping the Broncos coming up to warm up, The game itself . On my skates at the final hooter to the bus stop, Bus to Ealing Broadway, Train to Paddington, Tube Acroos London, Charing Cross to Kent Commuter Town.

Of course my four hour round trip can be lengthened by engineering works but relegation to the Championship means no evening fixtures when as you might have gathered, I end up getting what is locally known as the late night "vomit comet" back from the city to the garden of England before swerving the Town Centre Pub turnout  tear ups on my way back home from the station.

Happy days..

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Walk straight for the Real Ale Shed at the ground and then more Real Ale at the Junction before catching the Biryani Bus at the Joy Bangla. (They have a useful French red). 

Marvellous place Cas, Marvellous.........hic......

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

13 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

I got season tickets in 2002 jyst to watch Preston and peachy play until.chris Anderson wrecked it

Most enjoyable.rugby league I've seen in my life watxhing those two combine 

So different to the garbage the game produces today 

Followed Preston to Penrith where he won a comp and Chris Anderson got sacked 

Happy days

Have something to eat, drive 15 minutes to the stadium, park in my lawful secret free parking spot (even when 25,000 are there and parking inspectors are everywhere I get the same spot every time), kick out the people in my seats and relax 10 minutes before KO.

I try to avoid alcohol before and during a match as I find it hard to focus if I have a drink.

5 minutes ago, Copa said:

Have something to eat, drive 15 minutes to the stadium, park in my lawful secret free parking spot (even when 25,000 are there and parking inspectors are everywhere I get the same spot every time), kick out the people in my seats and relax 10 minutes before KO.

thats one of the most annoying things.  then they pretend like its a mistake.  

44 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

thats one of the most annoying things.  then they pretend like its a mistake.  

The worst used to be family members of one of the players. The same family would try to take our seats every match. They’d whinge at us, pushed one of us once and cause a hassle every single match. Everyone around us was very happy when he was recruited by a northern hemisphere team.

18 hours ago, corvusxiii said:

Walk straight for the Real Ale Shed at the ground and then more Real Ale at the Junction before catching the Biryani Bus at the Joy Bangla. (They have a useful French red). 

Marvellous place Cas, Marvellous.........hic......

The JB a highlight for my last Cas Vegas trip....

But a bit like all the northern RL grounds why doesn't it accept cards? 

Paying taxes is not optional unless you are Loraine Kelly

11 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

end up getting what is locally known as the late night "vomit comet" back from the city to the garden of England 

The VC from Kings Cross is particularly vile when people are gnawing on Burger King right next to you.... Beer, BO, burgers... What a smell

We call the second to last train the 'Gentleman' s express'.... For those willing to leave the pub a little earlier in search of civility

58 minutes ago, Copa said:

I try to avoid alcohol before and during a match as I find it hard to focus if I have a drink.

Save it till after the match and the drive home?

Archived