Lizzie Jones Awarded an MBE

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Good to see recognition for the sport. In a sport like ours, there is such a reliance of volunteers and people who give up so much of their time. Would love to see the sport recognise them more.

I believe that Betfred gave an award at the Grand Final to one such individual, which was great.

16 minutes ago, Dave W said:

Lizzie Jones singing 'Abide with Me' at the 2015 Challenge Cup final was one the bravest things I've witnessed.

I'd have awarded her the MBE just for doing that. 

I couldn't agree with you more.

I think she's shown herself to be a remarkable young woman in many ways.

3 posts removed because of unnecessary negativity. Be nice please, and recognise the achievement. If you can’t, why not just keep it shut for this once.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

Lizzie Jones singing 'Abide with Me' at the 2015 Challenge Cup final was one the bravest things I've witnessed.

I'd have awarded her the MBE just for doing that. 

Indeed, as long as I've followed this game I've been impressed by the bravery the players at every level of the game show, but there wasn't a player on the field that day that could hold a candle to Lizzie Jones.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Im going to try and bite my tongue on this one. All I will say is that Danny's immediate family are all involved with another charity that do the same work, a charity that Lizzie was also a part of before deciding for whatever reason to go it alone. They keep doing the brilliant work that they do away from the bright lights while Lizzie uses their ideas to keep her place in the spotlight. For right or wrong she is clearly a very smart business woman.

3 hours ago, ckn said:

3 posts removed because of unnecessary negativity. Be nice please, and recognise the achievement. If you can’t, why not just keep it shut for this once.

if Christmas  and new year are not times to be negative then I don't when is.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

5 hours ago, ckn said:

Wouldn't be rugby league without negativity would it ? A richly deserved award for a very brave lady.

Well done Lizzie Jones. I remember her singing before the challenge cup final. That coupled with the work she's done providing defibrillators for clubs. Danny I'm sure would be very proud of her for all she's done. An award very well deserved in my eyes. She is a great ambassador for our game. 

On 28/12/2019 at 17:50, The Blues Ox said:

Im going to try and bite my tongue on this one. All I will say is that Danny's immediate family are all involved with another charity that do the same work, a charity that Lizzie was also a part of before deciding for whatever reason to go it alone. They keep doing the brilliant work that they do away from the bright lights while Lizzie uses their ideas to keep her place in the spotlight. For right or wrong she is clearly a very smart business woman.

I think you're being mean spirited.

If I were to die suddenly and my wife were to raise money using my name, I would be delighted if she had half the success that Lizzie has had. Inevitably when you're raising money for charity it's a great help if you can raise your own profile.

Having met Lizzie several times I can't speak highly enough of her.

3 hours ago, Martyn Sadler said:

I think you're being mean spirited.

If I were to die suddenly and my wife were to raise money using my name, I would be delighted if she had half the success that Lizzie has had. Inevitably when you're raising money for charity it's a great help if you can raise your own profile.

Having met Lizzie several times I can't speak highly enough of her.

Don't get me wrong I can see why she is getting the plaudits, as is often the case it only tells part of the story though. As Ive said she is a very smart business woman.

Archived