How do you support your team?

45 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

I would never claim to be a supporter if I couldn't attend the majority of home games and the away games that were financially viable. I want to see my club play as often as is reasonably possible. I ENJOY watching them!!!!

I understand that I may have to rely on Ourleague for some away games. I'm no less a supporter for doing that. However a supporter should attend EVERY home game if they can.

Depends where you live. If you live 200 miles away that’s not feasible, if you have a life that is. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ivans82 said:

Don`t think Sky would be interested in showing a sport with empty terraces/stands  in the background........hold on a minute .....forget i said that .

They will put up with some games poorly attended , but wouldn't be happy for wholesale empty stadiums 

1 hour ago, Rob Nash said:

I would never claim to be a supporter if I couldn't attend the majority of home games and the away games that were financially viable. I want to see my club play as often as is reasonably possible. I ENJOY watching them!!!!

I understand that I may have to rely on Ourleague for some away games. I'm no less a supporter for doing that. However a supporter should attend EVERY home game if they can.

Not really practical Rob , be it one game or all , or a scarf , or a lottery ticket , any financial investment into a club , or the international or community game makes you a supporter IMO

12 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

Ok. I'll amend that to all games, home or away that are financially viable.

You know what? Pointless discussion. Call yourself whatever you like. 

However , as in a ' discussion ' earlier with j1234 or whatever the number was , I asked him if he supported a club , as in paying to watch a particular club , he didn't reply other than to say he was an expansion clubs follower , which is fair enough , however as he isn't ' emotionally invested ' in a club but is happy to try to tell me how I should think and feel about the sport , I was happy to tell him I feel free to ignore his opinion 

I give them my money, it is their job to do something sensible with it.

What else do they want me to do?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I have a season ticket, get the shirts if I like them that season and often get the polo tops/shorts every other year or so. Have a load of stash in our house between my family including a signed shirt up on the wall as well as two pictures of the 07 Grand Final win and 2015 CCF win. Follow my club and plenty of their players on Social media as well as the journos who report on them as well as the occasional fan account and fan facebook group.

Get to usually a few away games each year but its difficult with working weekends so tend to prioritise big weekend Events like Magic Weekend for example.

I don't get the "I'm a better fan than you" argument, it just sounds pretty sad tbh. I don't need to feel better than others in how I support my team versus how they do. The very nature of being a fan is changing. Gone are the days where being at the game was the only way to really follow the team. Social Media, TV and the internet has meant we are now often bombarded by reminders of what our club and its members are doing and can start following a team very easily. That said I think a certain amount of respect to those who have been going for donkeys years is also warranted. 

I'm interested in the new forums by which fans can interact with eachother - particularly podcasts. The rise in fan made media, from podcasts such as the Howlin Hour Toronto Wolfpack Podcast to the Arsenal Fan TV or Mark Goldbridges Man United videos is something our game sorely lacks over here and to an extent in Australia too. I'd love to be part of a new leap forward into this potential in the near future.

5 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

However , as in a ' discussion ' earlier with j1234 or whatever the number was , I asked him if he supported a club , as in paying to watch a particular club , he didn't reply other than to say he was an expansion clubs follower , which is fair enough , however as he isn't ' emotionally invested ' in a club but is happy to try to tell me how I should think and feel about the sport , I was happy to tell him I feel free to ignore his opinion 

I wasn't telling you how to think or feel lol 

I said people.who are.arguing against a new proposal because it hurts there club are biased

If something is good for the game as a whole and some clubs get hurt by it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen 

This is the nature of change.  The game in England has stagnated badly so clearly.the current system hasn't worked 

48 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

I wasn't telling you how to think or feel lol 

I said people.who are.arguing against a new proposal because it hurts there club are biased

If something is good for the game as a whole and some clubs get hurt by it doesn't mean it shouldn't happen 

This is the nature of change.  The game in England has stagnated badly so clearly.the current system hasn't worked 

But don't expect me to like it 

1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

Obviously I don't.  You can argue and feel how you want it's up to you.

Correct , no emotional connection and I stop going , as would many others , you however don't have any emotional connection it would seem , therefore don't understand me 

13 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Correct , no emotional connection and I stop going , as would many others , you however don't have any emotional connection it would seem , therefore don't understand me 

Yes I have no emotional attachment to rugby league lol 

I've seen my club killed off.in Australia.  I.moved on eventually to.bedome a fan of the sport as a whole.  So actually I do understand.

Though I'd love.to have my old club back 

8 hours ago, aj1908 said:

I've seen my club killed off.in Australia.  I.moved on eventually to.bedome a fan of the sport as a whole.  So actually I do understand.

So your club was killed off ? , And you'd be happy to see that happen to others ? , Thanks for that 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So your club was killed off ? , And you'd be happy to see that happen to others ? , Thanks for that 

thats not what i said lol  stop twisting what im saying just because you dont like my viewpoints.  it means i got over it eventually and still like rugby league.

i cant see where your attitude comes from.

your club has been well looked after compared to toronto eg parachute payments, full central funding, not paying players wages and still being allowed to continue etc.

how many times ive read a leigh fan making a snide remark about them having a billionaire owner when they have their own sugar daddy whose put in a lot of money

3 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

thats not what i said lol  stop twisting what im saying just because you dont like my viewpoints.  it means i got over it eventually and still like rugby league.

i cant see where your attitude comes from.

your club has been well looked after compared to toronto eg parachute payments, full central funding, not paying players wages and still being allowed to continue etc.

how many times ive read a leigh fan making a snide remark about them having a billionaire owner when they have their own sugar daddy whose put in a lot of mone

So your response is because of the club I support , not the point I'm making ?

Just now, GUBRATS said:

So your response is because of the club I support , not the point I'm making ?

im not repeating myself again for the tenth time.  you are either not reading what im saying or just trying to wind me up which wont work.

bye lol.

17 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really practical Rob , be it one game or all , or a scarf , or a lottery ticket , any financial investment into a club , or the international or community game makes you a supporter IMO

I think this is right. I find it really childish that people try and create tiers of supporter level to allow themselves to feel better than others.

People have different circumstances and support their sport/team/local club etc. in whatever way they can or want.

I live miles away from Warrington and have a young daughter who takes up much of my time, so didn't even get to a single home game last year, but I maintain my support of the club through either spending where I can, and I have a standing order with funds going into the Squadbuilder to support the club. I'm a Sky subscriber and generally try to attend major events if possible. I have nothing to prove to anyone about my support for Wire or the sport in general and neither should anybody else.

My last season ticket at Saints was the the 2014. Despite winning the super league the standard of the comp had dropped dramatically. My interest started to lack maybe 2 season prior. Before that I had a season ticket most years along with a few quid being spent in the club shop.

Now i pick and choose game and probably attend 5ish games a year. The signing of Barba and the excitement he brought tempted me more. Looking forward as long as loop fixtures carry on i wont be buying another ST but i will be attending some games including when the wolfpack come to town due to tbe SBW factor and also i have never seen the wolfpack live. 

10 hours ago, aj1908 said:

It has been reincarnated into Toronto...you are now a new member of The Pack.....Gubrats and Parky will be along shortly.

3 minutes ago, saintspete83 said:

My last season ticket at Saints was the the 2014. Despite winning the super league the standard of the comp had dropped dramatically. My interest started to lack maybe 2 season prior. Before that I had a season ticket most years along with a few quid being spent in the club shop.

Now i pick and choose game and probably attend 5ish games a year. The signing of Barba and the excitement he brought tempted me more. Looking forward as long as loop fixtures carry on i wont be buying another ST but i will be attending some games including when the wolfpack come to town due to tbe SBW factor and also i have never seen the wolfpack live. 

You should come over for a game if you really want to see a  new angle on how to do things in RL.

20 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think this is right. I find it really childish that people try and create tiers of supporter level to allow themselves to feel better than others.

People have different circumstances and support their sport/team/local club etc. in whatever way they can or want.

I live miles away from Warrington and have a young daughter who takes up much of my time, so didn't even get to a single home game last year, but I maintain my support of the club through either spending where I can, and I have a standing order with funds going into the Squadbuilder to support the club. I'm a Sky subscriber and generally try to attend major events if possible. I have nothing to prove to anyone about my support for Wire or the sport in general and neither should anybody else.

This was never meant as a measuring exercise by me, I was curious as to how out of town fans follow their sides in honesty, to see how close they were to my experiences. 

Archived