How Many FT Employees Does SL Have?

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You asked for a way that SLE has gone backwards in the last two years, not something that Elstone has done. Though I do think he should be interested in clubs’ attendances personally. 

SLE is the organisation that Elstone heads up. 

Super League is the comp.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think people are being premature in playing judge and jury on Elstone and SLE's record. These things take time - he's had to put a team in place from scratch (I appreciate a number came over from RFL) and then set the foundations out. These things don't happen overnight. We have had a significant increase in BetFred sponsorship and encouraging viewing figures last year. The Catalans TV deal is a bit of a setback, but money should be spent from the central pot in getting those games on a more prominent French TV station. 

The next 2 years will be the critical ones in determining the success or otherwise of Elstone's reign. We need to see an increase in the sponsorship portfolio, as Dave T intimated, and then an increase in the next TV deal, to hopefully support 14 team SL. The private equity stuff is outside of this, and a bit of 'noise' in my opinion. It's worth investigating but I am quite sceptical of giving away a share to them

23 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Speak to certain CEO's and they will tell you that for Rugby League sponsorship deals are stagnant so in real terms worth less.

Hoover are a bit of a coup for Wire? That said I imagine they’re far more proactive than a lot of other clubs. 

50 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You asked for a way that SLE has gone backwards in the last two years, not something that Elstone has done. Though I do think he should be interested in clubs’ attendances personally. 

Interested yes , responsible ? No 

2 hours ago, Smudger06 said:

With the exception of MW & the Grand Final. 

Which did see drops, and the sponsorship portfolio reduced. These would have been valid things to highlight. The things that were highlighted shows how many people don't understand the roles and responsibilities in the game. 

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I think people are being premature in playing judge and jury on Elstone and SLE's record. These things take time - he's had to put a team in place from scratch (I appreciate a number came over from RFL) and then set the foundations out. These things don't happen overnight. We have had a significant increase in BetFred sponsorship and encouraging viewing figures last year. The Catalans TV deal is a bit of a setback, but money should be spent from the central pot in getting those games on a more prominent French TV station. 

The next 2 years will be the critical ones in determining the success or otherwise of Elstone's reign. We need to see an increase in the sponsorship portfolio, as Dave T intimated, and then an increase in the next TV deal, to hopefully support 14 team SL. The private equity stuff is outside of this, and a bit of 'noise' in my opinion. It's worth investigating but I am quite sceptical of giving away a share to them

Not playing the judge, just saying what I’ve seen.  

It would be good to see RE tell the fans what progress is being made.  Some, will be under wraps for financial reasons but whatever can be announced should be.  That is important.  

18 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Not playing the judge, just saying what I’ve seen.  

It would be good to see RE tell the fans what progress is being made.  Some, will be under wraps for financial reasons but whatever can be announced should be.  That is important.  

I must say, the communication of SLE is really poor. The website is horrible, it looks like a shell of a site with no interesting content. The stats section has gone backwards and is now a waste of time, and they are very poor at keeping fans engaged and up to date with what is going on. 

They post some OK content on Facebook and twitter, but it is miles behind RFL content, which ain't amazing. 

I was hoping for something new in this new world, some transparency, we have gone backwards. 

I understand a lot of the social stuff caters for the youth, but I do think there is a large part of the fan base who are interested in the business of SL and technical things like stats. The NRL site is a decent starting point as a template for content. 

The radio silence is rubbish, now the RFL focus on the Championships, SLE content has gone backwards. So much for making positive change. 

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

I must say, the communication of SLE is really poor. The website is horrible, it looks like a shell of a site with no interesting content. The stats section has gone backwards and is now a waste of time, and they are very poor at keeping fans engaged and up to date with what is going on. 

They post some OK content on Facebook and twitter, but it is miles behind RFL content, which ain't amazing. 

I was hoping for something new in this new world, some transparency, we have gone backwards. 

I understand a lot of the social stuff caters for the youth, but I do think there is a large part of the fan base who are interested in the business of SL and technical things like stats. The NRL site is a decent starting point as a template for content. 

The radio silence is rubbish, now the RFL focus on the Championships, SLE content has gone backwards. So much for making positive change. 

The SL head honchos told us a brave new world was upon us when they took over and appointed RE, but what has changed much if anything?

Just now, Gooleboy said:

The SL head honchos told us a brave new world was upon us when they took over and appointed RE, but what has changed much if anything?

I'm happy to wait and see what happens with 2021, but I haven't been blown away. 

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

SL website, On the player Profiles there's a Social media link; none of them have been linked.......basics, says it all really. 

7 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

You would hope he will be getting to grips with improving things this year not next. How long does he want?

By 2021 I mean due to the new TV deal, and any associated changes. 

3 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Didn't Adam Pearson say how professional they were going to become. ?

Yet you can go to something like WTA or LPGA websites for example and all the players have Twitter & Instagram buttons at the top of their profiles that link to the players social accounts. You could run a very good SL website with a part time webmaster and a team of 5 or 6 Volunteers or Interns. 

Archived