Match Thread: Pre-season friendly, Featherstone Rovers v York Sunday January 5th 2020

5 of out young lads should all be given a runout, the whole game is just to give these Leeds lads a run out , what is Webster likely to learn. absolutely nothing., don't get upset just my thoughts

Game of two halves For me -  fev 1st half pretty much dominated York with a majority probable 1st team but whilst fev pretty much changed the team at HT York drip fed their subs in and were the better team 2nd half bar the last 10 mins when we couldve nicked it when we threw on a bit more experience in that period

But not that the result matters but a draw was probably a fair result for me 

Think everyone all round at both clubs will be happy with that a lot more pluses than negatives for both

1 hour ago, POR said:

colin been commentary on rovers tv said next week game on too  final score 12 12 

Thanks POR. Been in bed for 5 days. My son picked up my season ticket. Slowly improving from a bad chest cough. Nice to hear from you.

34 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Thanks POR. Been in bed for 5 days. My son picked up my season ticket. Slowly improving from a bad chest cough. Nice to hear from you.

Col if you’ve been in bed for Five days you really need to see a GP. .

18 hours ago, Blue Pike said:

Col if you’ve been in bed for Five days you really need to see a GP. .

Aiready seen one. Gave me anti biotics that have had no effects.. Slowly improving. Cheers.

Just watched the game back on RoversTV. As you'd expect not much you can glean from pre-season games but James Harrison looks like he's returned in the same very good form that he finished last season, and as anticipated Susino looks a workaholic, he played most if not all the 80 minutes. Having him & Lockwood playing big minutes each week is going to make things so much easier for the other forwards.

We made wholesale changes at the start of the second half and had only Bussey and Susino who had Championship experience at that stage, though Jouffret and Harrison returned later in the half. York kept a much bigger and more experienced set of players on for most of the second half though they did bring two or three youngsters (two of whom were 16yos) on in the last 20 minutes and that made a noticeable difference. Think the young lads who played for most of the second half deserve plenty of credit to hold York to just one second half try.

Archived