The Canadian Dream

audois

Maybe the time of the year to take stock.and reflect

Eric Perez full of ethusiasm in the here and now on the Toronto’s latest ‘Howlin Hour’ podcast, Interesting talks about the Martime Provinces, Nova Scotia and its capital Halifax as a potential home for rugby league further down the line. Eastern Canada 2-3 hours nearer Europe.

Long, long before Perez though there was an Irishman John McCarthy who got Canadians interested in the game. In the 1930’s-40’s McCarthy coached the game and reported on it.Tony Collins the rugby league’s academic historian has his say too here. Concluding in his piece, »Can the rugby league game throw-off it’s reputation of the sport that never miss an opportunity, to miss an opportunity. »

https://thehowlinhour.podbean.com/

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, The 4 of Us said:

Reckon a nice North American nickname would help. Something like, oh I don’t know, Blue Sox? Not sure what the team in Canada would call themselves though? 

How about - The 51st State.

Everyone thinks Canada is part of the US anyway so why not....?

These Canadian lads from Kings College School in Nova Scotia were playing rugby league in the 1940's. Something to build on.....Pic courtesy of Philip Fearnley

KINGS COLLEGE WINDSOR.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 01/01/2020 at 17:17, Mr Frisky said:

How about - The 51st State.

Everyone thinks Canada is part of the US anyway so why not....?

We don't.

3 hours ago, SL17 said:

Probably best situated on your own forum.

Give it a break. This is absolutely your final warning over this. It’s beyond tiring and getting to the point of abuse now. Continue and you’ll find yourself banned or suspended.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Come on pal you make rules. This is the general RL forum is it  not?

The OP should be posted on their own board as it’s not general its specific to Toronto.

Or have the rules changed?

What board do you mean? Post is not about the Wolfpack or posted by a Wolfpack supporter. 

2 hours ago, SL17 said:

The OP should be posted on their own board as it’s not general its specific to Toronto.

What happened  to the Leigh to replace  Toronto thread?

I was going to reply.......but.......no point.  I do believe that you just DO NOT GET IT.......

5 hours ago, SL17 said:

It's been put in the sad,bitter & pathetic section,where most of your posts should be.

10 hours ago, SL17 said:

Its about the history of Rugby League in Canada.. not about Toronto specifically so no it is exactly where it should be.

On 07/01/2020 at 13:54, audois said:

Pic courtesy of Philip Fearnley

Presumably the same chap who was such a great teacher when I was 9 or 10? He was always happy to have a chat about RL during lessons ? Hope he's doing well.

2 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

From TWP's twitter feed,  action at Lamport yesterday!

East & West Canada, men and women's teams, met under the dome yesterday, and it was streamed! 

I've not watched this yet but I'll have skim through the Live rerun.

Was this a joint venture between the wolfpack and the arrows? I see the arrows posted something similar.

2 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

From TWP's twitter feed,  action at Lamport yesterday!

East & West Canada, men and women's teams, met under the dome yesterday, and it was streamed! 

I've not watched this yet but I'll have skim through the Live rerun.

Yes saw that 

It looked like the dome eliminated all the spectator seating otherwise the pack couldve played early seaaon games 

1 hour ago, Keith989 said:

Was this a joint venture between the wolfpack and the arrows? I see the arrows posted something similar.

No, that was something different.  Arrows had a Community Rugby Day at a different bubble running skills sessions for age groups u7 to u17.

At Lamport was basically an origin game between Canada East (essentially Ontario) and Canada West (BC +Alberta) senior men.

5 hours ago, TheReaper said:

No, that was something different.  Arrows had a Community Rugby Day at a different bubble running skills sessions for age groups u7 to u17.

At Lamport was basically an origin game between Canada East (essentially Ontario) and Canada West (BC +Alberta) senior men.

I never heard anything about it....I might actually have driven down just to watch it....the standard is better than what many on here think.

I need to start monitoring the CRL website I guess.

11 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I never heard anything about it....I might actually have driven down just to watch it....the standard is better than what many on here think.

I need to start monitoring the CRL website I guess.

It was a very good event. Both mens and womens games were very lively with some excellent individual and team efforts. Strange though standing and watching the action from the sidelines, Lamport looks very different when covered. Urge everyone to monitor and support the efforts of CRLA - thats where future Canadian Wolfpack talent will show their stuff.

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

It was a very good event. Both mens and womens games were very lively with some excellent individual and team efforts. Strange though standing and watching the action from the sidelines, Lamport looks very different when covered. Urge everyone to monitor and support the efforts of CRLA - thats where future Canadian Wolfpack talent will show their stuff.

Let me know next time will ya?

Archived