The Canadian Dream

audois

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

sure!

Don;t tell him, Pike!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

20 hours ago, aj1908 said:

Yes saw that 

It looked like the dome eliminated all the spectator seating otherwise the pack couldve played early seaaon games 

i'm no engineer etc so genuine question. What stops the dome being put further back so that it does cover the seating.. its not a permenant structure, understand that you would need a bigger dome but is there a reason it cannot be done other than "it doesnt fit" as would have thought as an investment it would probably be worth it?

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

i'm no engineer etc so genuine question. What stops the dome being put further back so that it does cover the seating.. its not a permenant structure, understand that you would need a bigger dome but is there a reason it cannot be done other than "it doesnt fit" as would have thought as an investment it would probably be worth it?

12 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

Yes I'd seen that... what i'm thinking is why does the dome start where it does, could it perhaps start behind the seating?

As i say I dont know much about this sort of thing so its a genuine question of cannot it be done, whats stopping it etc?

The whole thing works on air pressure.  It's relatively simple to have if fit flat to the ground all the around the field. 

It it went on top of the stands you create a lot of difficulties:

- no longer flat, making a tight fit a lot harder

-the entire building must now be airtight to maintain pressure 

-creates problems for the buildings systems, as things like ventilation,  plumbing stacks etc may no longer exit to the outdoors, or have intakes from the outdoors

-much more pressure needed to keep it inflated. You may only be adding ~25% to the width of the bubble but you're probably doubling the area.

Probably more issues, but that's off the top of my head.

20 hours ago, TheReaper said:

The whole thing works on air pressure.  It's relatively simple to have if fit flat to the ground all the around the field. 

It it went on top of the stands you create a lot of difficulties:

- no longer flat, making a tight fit a lot harder

-the entire building must now be airtight to maintain pressure 

-creates problems for the buildings systems, as things like ventilation,  plumbing stacks etc may no longer exit to the outdoors, or have intakes from the outdoors

-much more pressure needed to keep it inflated. You may only be adding ~25% to the width of the bubble but you're probably doubling the area.

Probably more issues, but that's off the top of my head.

Thanks for that Reaper.. 

With the stands in i hadnt thought there would be all the plumbing etc to consider in terms of keeping it flat to the floor but one thing i did wonder was if there was the room behind the stands to fit it. 

its a shame as would be great to have something like that to keep you at home at the beginning of the season, playing on the road early on is far from ideal for the home fans.

11 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

What's DP?

"Double Post"... 

that is all.. 

no other meaning..

move on.. 

swiftly

4 minutes ago, Click said:

I wouldn't google it if I were you ..

NSFW for sure!!!

5 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

its not deluded Pom! Think about the birds and the bees,except there's twice as many bees than birds,If you don't get that then sorry,I can help you no further??

You are David Attenborough and I claim my £5

Archived