Wristwatches

Garmin Forerunner 235 - wear it all the time. I altered the screen app to analog time rather than digital.

I wonder what happened to those Tissot watches the SL players won for MoM?

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

16 hours ago, tim2 said:

Garmin Forerunner 235 - wear it all the time. I altered the screen app to analog time rather than digital.

I wonder what happened to those Tissot watches the SL players won for MoM?

I have a Forerunner 235, how do you do that?

On 01/01/2020 at 05:26, Adelaide Tiger said:

I haven’t worn a watch for over 30 years.  I have never been in a situation where I have had no idea of the time of day.  You have clocks at home, in your car, in town/city centres, at work, on your phone etc. so why anyone would spend thousands on something that is now just an accessory is beyond my understanding.

I am with you on this one AT.

Don't see the point.

Less is more for me. I wear no jewelry and have no tattoos.

17 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I am with you on this one AT.

Don't see the point.

Less is more for me. I wear no jewelry and have no tattoos.

same here. just a wristband that leaves a white mark in the summer

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

I have a Forerunner 235, how do you do that?

Download an App from https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/devices/forerunner235/appTypes/watchface/apps onto the watch then pick it from the settings as one of the options in System-Clock-Watch Face

The one I use is called Simplicity

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

7 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Whay are your highlights?

Im loving my TimexQ and Grand Seiko recently.

My 2 favourites at the moment are the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and the Breguet XX. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

4 hours ago, Derwent said:

My 2 favourites at the moment are the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and the Breguet XX. 

You mean Swatch? ?Tourbillon?

Fifty fathoms is the 1st divers watch isnt it? Guessing you go old school with those 2 highlighted as a guide. My 40th in 18 months so might go big.. nervous already

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

7 hours ago, MattSantos said:

You mean Swatch? ?Tourbillon?

Fifty fathoms is the 1st divers watch isnt it? Guessing you go old school with those 2 highlighted as a guide. My 40th in 18 months so might go big.. nervous already

Yes Blancpain are owned by Swatch group but still hand make all their watches. They make 30 watches a day where Rolex (for example) make 3,000 due to semi-automated production.

It’s all about personal preference, I prefer classic watches with unfussy faces. For example I think the Nomos Glashutte watches are things of beauty.

I have an 18ct Rotary that cost me 25 years at RR. Choosing it was a big mistake as being 18ct gold its soft and is ever so slightly out of round. This means it steams up after a couple of days of use. But it Is quite dressy with cuff links.

My everyday watch is a Tissot. I bought that about 20 years ago because at the time Tissot were sponsoring RL. I like the fact that is very plane, slim and understated. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Yes Blancpain are owned by Swatch group but still hand make all their watches. They make 30 watches a day where Rolex (for example) make 3,000 due to semi-automated production.

It’s all about personal preference, I prefer classic watches with unfussy faces. For example I think the Nomos Glashutte watches are things of beauty.

We are very similar in this regard then ?

Dont think i could buy a rolex, the whole jazz around their better watches not even being in the shops annoys me to no end; similarly to how Pateks are massively fan boyed.

Would love a truly vintage Omega. Think thats where i go next dependant on my location

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

2 hours ago, MattSantos said:

We are very similar in this regard then ?

Dont think i could buy a rolex, the whole jazz around their better watches not even being in the shops annoys me to no end; similarly to how Pateks are massively fan boyed.

Would love a truly vintage Omega. Think thats where i go next dependant on my location

You can’t go wrong with a vintage Omega, I have a 1963 Constellation in mint condition and it’s fabulous. They appreciate in value too.

25 minutes ago, Derwent said:

You can’t go wrong with a vintage Omega, I have a 1963 Constellation in mint condition and it’s fabulous. They appreciate in value too.

Theres a moon phase ive got my eye on, 2473.. Beautiful and an example of quality, style etc that doesnt cost a stupid amount

25 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

Theres a moon phase ive got my eye on, 2473.. Beautiful and an example of quality, style etc that doesnt cost a stupid amount

Great choice, if you shop around you could probably pick a decent one up for about £4k. I find thewatchforum.co.uk a good place to buy and sell.

6 hours ago, Celt said:

While maybe not 'prestige', Skagen are generally highly regarded - certainly for the price. 

Skagen have a huge range and I don't like all their designs, but their slimline models are so light, it is almost like wearing no watch at all.

The non-standard strap fittings are a bit of a sod, when it comes to replacements, though.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived