Toronto’s first ever home match was almost cancelled due to failed pitch

The knives have been out for the Wolfpack since the very beginning and the powers that be never wanted them in and have thrown up every obstacle possible sine the first game.

That means the game needs us more than ever!  A new decade and a new dawn fro RL...a bright one indeed.

WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!

"Run With The Pack!"

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

The knives have been out for the Wolfpack since the very beginning and the powers that be never wanted them in and have thrown up every obstacle possible sine the first game.

That means the game needs us more than ever!  A new decade and a new dawn fro RL...a bright one indeed.

WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!

"Run With The Pack!"

No , it means your pitch was ###### , but you've now sorted it 

There is a pitch that is slanted in the Championship.  I don't know how Lamport could fail an inspection when you have a pitch built on a hill LOL.

Maybe Argyle can donate a shipment of dirt from one of his mines and a grader to the RFL to get it sorted.

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!

"Run With The Pack!"

So the RFL who drove this through, didn't actually want them in? But tried to hide behind an issue with an artificial pitch? 

Makes perfect sense. 

14 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

There is a pitch that is slanted in the Championship.  I don't know how Lamport could fail an inspection when you have a pitch built on a hill LOL.

Maybe Argyle can donate a shipment of dirt from one of his mines and a grader to the RFL to get it sorted.

From my experience with artificial pitches the stuff that needs testing is far more significant than the slope at Batley. The "bounce" in the ground to make it safe for rugby, the sort of rubber used in the pitch not being carcinogenic or otherwise dangerous. There are much more factors at play and undoubtedly with a new team on a new pitch these have potential to arise.

On 31/12/2019 at 21:29, Total Rugby League said:

Toronto Wolfpack almost had their first-ever home match cancelled after their pitch dramatically failed an inspection.

Postponed, surely.  Not cancelled.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

16 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

to be fair on our slope you get same 40 minutes as us downhill.,plenty more that aint level but its all part a the game, as for dirt and a grader you need to take a look at your own new pitch been laid with the rubber membrane under the the nice plastic grass been stuck to concrete/tarmac. i did ask our lads if lamport pitch felt hard when been tackled and they said it felt ok but not much bounce.

2 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

I'd like to know which test initially failed, and what changed to get it passed.

That was the old field of course, replaced after the first season. The new one is a really nice surface (yes, I know, lines for multiple sports...).

To be fair this sounds like another of those stories that is loose on facts. Every slight events seems to have a level of Hollywood-style tension! 

4 hours ago, silverback said:

to be fair on our slope you get same 40 minutes as us downhill.,plenty more that aint level but its all part a the game, as for dirt and a grader you need to take a look at your own new pitch been laid with the rubber membrane under the the nice plastic grass been stuck to concrete/tarmac. i did ask our lads if lamport pitch felt hard when been tackled and they said it felt ok but not much bounce.

It was a bit of a joke.  As for pitches, the players should probably be thankful Lamport is artificial and not grass.  It gets so hot in Southern Ontario in the summer that grass pitches turn in to brown concrete, regardless of how much tendering the grounds crew do.

Toronto FC had so many problems with their all grass field they have switched to Hybrid Grass.

On 01/01/2020 at 13:18, terrywebbisgod said:

Just because you're paranoid,it doesn't mean everyone is out to get you!

This, coming from a Rhinos fan, is classic.

We are coming to get cha!

On 02/01/2020 at 09:59, John WP Fan said:

I'd like to know which test initially failed, and what changed to get it passed.

That was the old field of course, replaced after the first season. The new one is a really nice surface (yes, I know, lines for multiple sports...).

The inspectors got confused by the different coloured lines and inspected the Basketball area so it failed on the pitch being too small.

4 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

The inspectors got confused by the different coloured lines and inspected the Basketball area so it failed on the pitch being too small.

No barrier will stand in our way on the march to SL dominance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived