Wolfpack Straight To the Top

I like Nobby, but he is very loose with facts. He is just a bit of a story teller. 

That baseball player isn't on more than SL combined at all, why lie to make a point? 

And touts selling tickets for 200 dollars for games that aren't sold out? 

6 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I like Nobby, but he is very loose with facts. He is just a bit of a story teller. 

That baseball player isn't on more than SL combined at all, why lie to make a point? 

And touts selling tickets for 200 dollars for games that aren't sold out? 

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the last Million Pound Game.....tickets were hard to get and the scalpers were there.

Just now, Kayakman said:

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the last Million Pound Game.....tickets were hard to get and the scalpers were there.

Yeah I did think that, but from social media that game only sold out late on - maybe 10x face value is normal in Toronto but I'd be surprised. 

It sounds like pub chat. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Yeah I did think that, but from social media that game only sold out late on - maybe 10x face value is normal in Toronto but I'd be surprised. 

It sounds like pub chat. 

It will be interesting to see how ticket sales go this year.

21 million put in so far, so around 7 million a year.  maybe that includes SBW wages but its a clear statement how serious they are.

it also shows how much they need to look at other revenues and further upgrade lamport stadium.  they wont be sustainable on 10k crowds with minimal corporate match day income.

their clear priority was making SL in five years, they beat that by two years.

now they have to build a strong super league club.  they will be competitive off the field im sure its off the field where they need to grow.

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It sounds like pub chat. 

its good PR even if its not true. 

brad walter works in the nrl media department.  

2 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

its good PR even if its not true. 

brad walter works in the nrl media department.  

Aye I just like a bit of honesty. On the Noble point There is no benefit in talking SL down as being so poor that one player earns more than the rest. The point could have been made without lying. 

The touts point is questionable but at least positive. 

Just as a side note (and could probably do with a thread to itself), the NRL seem to be publishing a lot of articles on Toronto, there seems to be much more interest in them than otherSL clubs. I just wonder would the NRL ever consider expanding to North America? Or the West Coast?

7 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

It will be interesting to see how ticket sales go this year.

I've made the point a few times, I think the TWP fans will enjoy this year more than previous years. More competitive games and hopefully some decent numbers of away fans to boost the atmosphere. 

No reason why it can't be full most weeks. 

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I've made the point a few times, I think the TWP fans will enjoy this year more than previous years. More competitive games and hopefully some decent numbers of away fans to boost the atmosphere. 

No reason why it can't be full most weeks. 

Its the weather...with no overhead cover...if the weather is bad it will certainly affect attendance.

6 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Just as a side note (and could probably do with a thread to itself), the NRL seem to be publishing a lot of articles on Toronto, there seems to be much more interest in them than otherSL clubs. I just wonder would the NRL ever consider expanding to North America? Or the West Coast?

no lol.

they dont even want to go to perth.

at the moment they will only be adding brisbane 2 into the nrl anytime soon

1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

no lol.

they dont even want to go to perth.

at the moment they will only be adding brisbane 2 into the nrl anytime soon

Yeah that was a stupid question. But I do wonder, what if someone with lots of money went to the NRL and said I want to enter a team from LA? Or similarly what if a rich billionaire wanted to enter a team from Perth? Could the NRL turn down millions?

5 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Yeah that was a stupid question. But I do wonder, what if someone with lots of money went to the NRL and said I want to enter a team from LA? Or similarly what if a rich billionaire wanted to enter a team from Perth? Could the NRL turn down millions?

imo re  perth, no they wouldnt but who knows

they couldve approached this guy :

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/western-force/how-andrew-twiggy-forrest-resurrected-the-western-force-ng-b88818285z

he offered the ARU 50 million to keep the force in super rugby.  the nrl couldve let him fund a perth nrl team even though hes a union fan.

the travel to america would be prohibitive.

this is what our new boss said about perth :

https://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-sunday-times-9029/20191201/284163632835043

essentially not to waste time on an afl state which imo is dumb

i think super league should look for a backer for perth and trump the nrl in its own backyard.

if you did Foxsports would offer loads for the tv rights.

a clever architectural engineer could expand Lamport to perhaps 15k seating with covered stands but that would be it however there are plans in the works to build another sports venue at Exhibition Place immediately adjacent to Lamport and sellout crowds in 2020 would hasten that development. The new stadium would likely be covered meaning February games would be in Toronto once that happens.

8 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Crazy when most sports teams in Europe are dropping femail dancers as part of the so called match entertainment that the colonies still think this is a good thing to advertise....

America isn't a colony lol it won the war of independance with the help of France the good guys 

*female 

Or are you sending them in the post 

?

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Its going to be a great year and decade for the Toronto Wolfpack....this article lays out the vision...ITS GOING TO HAPPEN!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/01/01/ill-have-him-him-and-him-wolfpacks-plan-for-super-league-to-rival-nrl/

The likes of Toronto and New York could indeed be linchpins of a money-spinning league which could rival and even surpass the NRL, but the idea of little places like Warrington, Wigan and St Helens being part of such a league is fanciful.  Sooner or later Argyle will have to come to terms with that.

2 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

The likes of Toronto and New York could indeed be linchpins of a money-spinning league which could rival and even surpass the NRL, but the idea of little places like Warrington, Wigan and St Helens being part of such a league is fanciful.  Sooner or later Argyle will have to come to terms with that.

Nah 

Rugby league in na will never be strong enough to stand on its own 

It will need.those top super league clubs to form a strong league 

Archived