Superstitions

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

According to my wife it has been a superstition for hundreds of years that you cannot use a dishwasher or washing machine on New Years Day.

You live and learn.

Wasn’t New Year’s Day a day off for the pan badger and clothes washer in the household in olden days ? 

Posted solely in jest, in case someone grumbles. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

We have a hi-tech dishwasher. It has taken the combined intellect of the finest engineering brains in Germany to create a very quiet dishwasher that uses hardly any water,  has an innovative drying function and is connected to our router for remote operation. Why then,  does my wife think she knows better than the designers and manufacturers how to load it? ? ?

On 01/01/2020 at 23:58, JohnM said:

We have a hi-tech dishwasher. It has taken the combined intellect of the finest engineering brains in Germany to create a very quiet dishwasher that uses hardly any water,  has an innovative drying function and is connected to our router for remote operation. Why then,  does my wife think she knows better than the designers and manufacturers how to load it? ? ?

But does she know better than you how to load it? My guess, from personal marital experience, is "Yes!"

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

On 01/01/2020 at 21:58, JohnM said:

On average women are just a less technically minded species in my view

Archived