Hull KR favourites for relegation

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/hull-kr-favourites-to-be-relegated-for-second-time-in-five-years/

Interesting BetFred odds............I might have had Wakey as 2nd favourites but it seems about right. Be interesting if any wildcards upset the odds like Salford did last year

2020 Super League relegation odds

Hull KR – 2/1

Huddersfield Giants – 3/1

Wakefield Trinity – 9/2

Toronto Wolfpack – 5/1

Salford Red Devils – 11/2

Catalans Dragons – 16/1

Castleford Tigers – 33/1

Hull FC 40/1

Leeds Rhinos 40/1

Warrington Wolves 150/1

Wigan Warriors 500/1

St Helens 500/1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with KR being favorites for the drop, but unsure on 2nd/3rd favorites etc.

Maybe biased, but don't see it being Giants.  SO long as we stay injury free at the end of the pre-season and predominately throughout the season i think we stay clear of trouble.

So will most prob have to put Wakey as 2nd favorites.

It doesn't seem unreasonable based on last season's performance and this season's recruitment that we would be favourites for the drop.

I would say that much will depend on squad depth and injuries. There are 5 or 6 teams that if the injuries bite in the wrong positions, then they could be in for long seasons and possibly relegation. HKR most probably head that list due to the number of untried SL players in their squad depth positions.

I assume that there are more signings to come for the Wolfpack, because their squad (Money Bill aside) doesn't look much stronger than ours. Saying that when the top teams rest their normal 17 for the trip to Canada I assume that it will assist them a bit (reaches for tin hat).

26 minutes ago, HKRBob said:

It doesn't seem unreasonable based on last season's performance and this season's recruitment that we would be favourites for the drop.

I would say that much will depend on squad depth and injuries. There are 5 or 6 teams that if the injuries bite in the wrong positions, then they could be in for long seasons and possibly relegation. HKR most probably head that list due to the number of untried SL players in their squad depth positions.

I assume that there are more signings to come for the Wolfpack, because their squad (Money Bill aside) doesn't look much stronger than ours. Saying that when the top teams rest their normal 17 for the trip to Canada I assume that it will assist them a bit (reaches for tin hat).

The odds are about right aside Toronto should be joint favourites with Hull KR.  SBW is the only reason you can get a big 5/1. However it will be a new experience for Sonny playing in the poorest team he has ever turned out for.

If they suffer more than a few injuries, never mind the 12,13 and 14 players missing that happens to some club every single season, they are in danger of been the first SL club to be unable to fulfill a fixture due to lack of players. 

If Toronto do not get a few wins early expect panic measures, fury at the salary cap  and dispensation requests all rounds.

Of the others, the odds are about right, however Castleford will revert to the mean at some point. 2nd poor pre-season now, poor signings aside the winger , Richardson in particular massively overrated. Trueman angling for a move. Shenton and Millington at the end. Powell has got some fantastic performances much greater than the parts but has perhaps overstayed now. 33/1 way too big a price even if its not this season but they will definitely finish very near the bottom in the not too distant future. 

7 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

The odds are about right aside Toronto should be joint favourites with Hull KR.  SBW is the only reason you can get a big 5/1. However it will be a new experience for Sonny playing in the poorest team he has ever turned out for.

If they suffer more than a few injuries, never mind the 12,13 and 14 players missing that happens to some club every single season, they are in danger of been the first SL club to be unable to fulfill a fixture due to lack of players. 

If Toronto do not get a few wins early expect panic measures, fury at the salary cap  and dispensation requests all rounds.

Of the others, the odds are about right, however Castleford will revert to the mean at some point. 2nd poor pre-season now, poor signings aside the winger , Richardson in particular massively overrated. Trueman angling for a move. Shenton and Millington at the end. Powell has got some fantastic performances much greater than the parts but has perhaps overstayed now. 33/1 way too big a price even if its not this season but they will definitely finish very near the bottom in the not too distant future. 

Put some money on it if you are so confident you'll get great odds

? 

If Jackson Hastings can get man of steel sbw should be able to walk super league 

1 minute ago, aj1908 said:

Put some money on it if you are so confident you'll get great odds

?

5/1 is very decent odds . It will not last long if they don't perform early. They will need to beat a half decent team to not be 0/6 when they first play KR but in any event there should be quite a few chances to earn some money throughout the season. 

Hopefully they come up with a massive performance against Cas and everybody thinks they might be something. The compilers will be slow to change their lines and outlay is covered very early.

I'm quite surprised Toronto have not gone out and brought in a few more top level players.

Yes, SBW has created headlines but he's not the SBW of ten years ago. It's a big ask to expect him suddenly rock up and put in assured performances week in week out.

A few of the Toronto players are in for a shock I feel. They've had three seasons now where they've gone into most matches expecting to win, and win well. I can see Toronto losing a lot of their early season games and hitting the panic button and bringing in some big names from the NRL. Their current squad is nowhere near the quality needed for Super League. 

8 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

5/1 is very decent odds . It will not last long if they don't perform early. They will need to beat a half decent team to not be 0/6 when they first play KR but in any event there should be quite a few chances to earn some money throughout the season. 

Hopefully they come up with a massive performance against Cas and everybody thinks they might be something. The compilers will be slow to change their lines and outlay is covered very early.

Chuck a 50 on it lol 

3 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Agree that Hull KR, Huddersfield and Wakefield should be first concerned with survival before anything else this year. I’m not hugely convinced on Toronto either. I’m not completely sold on their spine. 

Agreed.

I have Wakefield down (I had money on Labour holding, and that is good enough reason for me). 

I'm not sold on Toronto either; I think the noise surrounding them is giving people ideas.

I think we will finish safely but still around 8/9th. Speed kills and for once we have that in large amounts.

11 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Agreed.

I have Wakefield down (I had money on Labour holding, and that is good enough reason for me). 

I'm not sold on Toronto either; I think the noise surrounding them is giving people ideas.

I think we will finish safely but still around 8/9th. Speed kills and for once we have that in large amounts.

The costs of running the ground now (note, I didn’t say down) will add to the pressure.  Relegation would have a bigger impact on HKR than any other club imo.

I think it will be Rovers, Huddersfield, Wakefield and Toronto down at the bottom for most of the season. Rovers will pick up enough home points to be safe, Wakefield seem to have strengthened enough but I am not sure that Huddersfield have. Toronto will no doubt have kept enough space to sign a couple of more players if needed but if they get off to a poor start then it will be a struggle for them but Huddersfield are my favourites to go down.

If I were a betting man I would have a few quid on Toronto. 

They have signed one outstanding player and several good players but their squad doesn't have the quality across the board to compete in a league that is a massive step up from last year.

I don't want them to go down but 2nd from bottom will be a great result for them.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

20 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

The costs of running the ground now (note, I didn’t say down) will add to the pressure.  Relegation would have a bigger impact on HKR than any other club imo.

It had crossed my mind of course that relegation would be a disaster for us but Neil Hudgell has continued with the purchase and it is almost complete so what can I say, he knows what he is doing.

It could be a real turning point for us. We already have other revenue streams coming in from gigs and events at the stadium that pay very well. 

We have openly stated that marquee signings are not all too far away - so there must be positive things happening around the club.

For once it is nice to read so many positive things. Just got to ensure we are away from the bottom ?

On 02/01/2020 at 13:11, Marty Funkhouser said:

Tell me more...not heard about this which is odd considering I follow pretty much every Cas offical/fan site on social media. you might have a real scoop here....by the way he signed a 4 year contract last year

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

KR are 2/1 simply because they finished second bottom last year.

5/1 for Toronto is the obvious value bet with the bang-average squad at their disposal. Last time I looked they had 22 players signed on for this year, they have no reserve grade, no youth (not sure about DR) and 11 proper home games out of 29 rounds. Worth a nibble.

Archived