Hull KR favourites for relegation

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 02/01/2020 at 10:49, DoubleD said:

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/hull-kr-favourites-to-be-relegated-for-second-time-in-five-years/

Interesting BetFred odds............I might have had Wakey as 2nd favourites but it seems about right. Be interesting if any wildcards upset the odds like Salford did last year

2020 Super League relegation odds

Hull KR – 2/1

Huddersfield Giants – 3/1

Wakefield Trinity – 9/2

Toronto Wolfpack – 5/1

Salford Red Devils – 11/2

Catalans Dragons – 16/1

Castleford Tigers – 33/1

Hull FC 40/1

Leeds Rhinos 40/1

Warrington Wolves 150/1

Wigan Warriors 500/1

St Helens 500/1

I expect Salford to surprise us again this year as strong relegation candidates.

3 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Depth of squad is paramount now.  Although it really depends on whether a club squad can remain injury free, TWPs is shallow.

2020 is the acid test for TWP.

Expect if Toronto need help clubs at the top end will loan players.

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

KR are 2/1 simply because they finished second bottom last year.

5/1 for Toronto is the obvious value bet with the bang-average squad at their disposal. Last time I looked they had 22 players signed on for this year, they have no reserve grade, no youth (not sure about DR) and 11 proper home games out of 29 rounds. Worth a nibble.

What happens to a bet if no one goes down?...lets say there is an announcement that SL will be expanding next year by 2 teams so no relegation is necessary.

What happens to the bets?

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

What happens to a bet if no one goes down?...lets say there is an announcement that SL will be expanding next year by 2 teams so no relegation is necessary.

It's probably who finished bottom rather than relegation , I can't see the bookies missing out and having to pay everybody back 

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It's probably who finished bottom rather than relegation , I can't see the bookies missing out and having to pay everybody back 

Only in Heaven.

Now Gubs I want it straight (and I'm holding you to it)...how will Toronto go (be specific)?

This is for the record...I'm on record as saying Top 5.

You?

8 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Only in Heaven.

Now Gubs I want it straight (and I'm holding you to it)...how will Toronto go (be specific)?

This is for the record...I'm on record as saying Top 5.

You?

No idea , I never speculate on anybody 

41 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Come On!   Take a risk for once....be brave....don't bail on me.....give me a number!

Start well winning half of there opening 10 games, mid season slump when their lack of quality in the halfs and depth of squad is found out then win last few home games to finish joint 10th with either Hudds or Wakey going down.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Start well winning half of there opening 10 games, mid season slump when their lack of quality in the halfs and depth of squad is found out then win last few home games to finish joint 10th with either Hudds or Wakey going down.

Don't you think the factor of the other teams electing to just fly over and play right away will make a long winning streak at the end possible?

24 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Don't you think the factor of the other teams electing to just fly over and play right away will make a long winning streak at the end possible?

Don't tell them about that advantage lol they'll make you play those crucial games in England 

Hudds to go down for me. 

Toronto make the plays offs (although I put a pound on them making the grand final too)

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

9 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I think the bet would be cancelled/voided and the stakes returned, betting lingo has to be very exact

On 02/01/2020 at 10:03, Eddie said:

I’d have HKR safely in mid-table. 

That'll be next season.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Tell me more...not heard about this which is odd considering I follow pretty much every Cas offical/fan site on social media. you might have a real scoop here....by the way he signed a 4 year contract last year

Who was that with and when does it start? ?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 02/01/2020 at 10:03, Eddie said:

I’d have HKR safely in mid-table. 

Meshing so many new player's is not so easy, Leigh did it with 19 newcomers in 2018 and that was even in the Championship, but saying that the coaching duo of Neil Jukes and Kieron Cunningham - modern day Laurel and Hardy - and the player's who collectively seemingly could not give a flying one, (a team amassed at near £1.7M) but the thing is can a coach as expierenced as Mr Smith undoudtably is gel the player's to-gether.

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Come On!   Take a risk for once....be brave....don't bail on me.....give me a number!

I will, hello friend, definitely bottom 4 in my opinion BUT it depends if Toronto are in a *position to purchase more player's, I do not think the overall quality or strength in depth is deep enough for when injuries will undoubtedly accur as is the norm in this sport, which brings me squarely round to another question which I was going to ask open table but I will direct it to your goodself, is your club subject to the same Salary Cap arrangements has the other member clubs of SL are, it is an honest question I have asked it before but have not been given any answers, I am just curios to find out.

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Hudds to go down for me. 

Toronto make the plays offs (although I put a pound on them making the grand final too)

I think the bet would be cancelled/voided and the stakes returned, betting lingo has to be very exact

I will take your pound bet on reaching the GF, and will double up on not reaching the play offs, unless it is changed to the top 12 teams taking part?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will take your pound bet on reaching the GF, and will double up on not reaching the play offs, unless it is changed to the top 12 teams taking part?

Sorry Harry, Betway has my pound for now, and while I would happily make a bet with you on it I don't know how the mods would feel about them running an illegal gambling ring lol

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will, hello friend, definitely bottom 4 in my opinion BUT it depends if Toronto are in a *position to purchase more player's, I do not think the overall quality or strength in depth is deep enough for when injuries will undoubtedly accur as is the norm in this sport, which brings me squarely round to another question which I was going to ask open table but I will direct it to your goodself, is your club subject to the same Salary Cap arrangements has the other member clubs of SL are, it is an honest question I have asked it before but have not been given any answers, I am just curios to find out.

We are a little thin, thats for sure.   But Harry should one not always choose quality over quantity?

Its pretty clear that Toronto, due to its unique positioning, is subject to more restraints on the Cap than other SL clubs....just another impediment to be overcome....not a problem...where there is a will there is a way.

Don't worry about it Harry...we have always been the underwolf since our inception.

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We are a little thin, thats for sure.   But Harry should one not always choose quality over quantity?

Its pretty clear that Toronto, due to its unique positioning, is subject to more restraints on the Cap than other SL clubs....just another impediment to be overcome....not a problem...where there is a will there is a way.

Don't worry about it Harry...we have always been the underwolf since our inception.

You are very thin , through the last 3 seasons you didn't need the numbers as you were able to play players out of position and still cruise through most of your games , you won't get away with that in SL , you need another 6/7 players yet 

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You are very thin , through the last 3 seasons you didn't need the numbers as you were able to play players out of position and still cruise through most of your games , you won't get away with that in SL , you need another 6/7 players yet 

Its problematic...but no need to worry...we have it all under control over here in the new North American heartland.  Perez has picked the Wolfpack to finish in the top 5!  Who would have thunk it?

On 03/01/2020 at 06:36, scotchy1 said:

Toronto are different to most clubs who are promoted, they have been  building towards this and basically ploughed through the championship with an SL squad. They dont need the massive turnover of other promoted clubs

Players like Stanley and Luetele, SBW are top SL quality players, Mullaly, Singleton, Mellor are proven SL players, lussick, McCrone, will go fine

A couple of SL quality props, maybe a fullback and they will be more than fine

?

Archived