Igbinedion

doggystyle

37 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

Just read that Daniel Igbinedion has joined Oldham. Wish we could have recruited him. Always had a strong game against us, one Summer Bash he was the star of the show. 

Any info as to why he left Dewsbury? Lancashire based lad?

He wasn't offered a new contract, nor was there a queue of clubs trying to sign him.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

41 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Igbinedion is a good forward but he’s also a liability on and off the field. If you’d have kept Diskin then you would have got Iggy ?I hope it’s true about Charlie Martin because I think he’d be a cracking signing for you.

Seriously? Martin is absolutely gash. 

Charlie Martin...oh aye, him who looked and talked a good game!! We have enough 'salt of the earth, give their all' types, don't really need another, need a decent kick up the rump signing to kick on from getting Lunty, wonder if we're getting inside his head foe a name or two? Is Rhino contributing much do you think?

On 02/01/2020 at 11:39, doggystyle said:

Just read that Daniel Igbinedion has joined Oldham. Wish we could have recruited him. Always had a strong game against us, one Summer Bash he was the star of the show. 

Any info as to why he left Dewsbury? Lancashire based lad?

Iggy has the talent to go as far as he wants to go in the game IMO, and I (lone voice apparently) would have loved him to have stayed and proved just how good he can be. Seems he might be a disruptive influence, but that might be sorted out by a strong coach. Wish him well at Oldham.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

55 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Iggy has the talent to go as far as he wants to go in the game IMO, and I (lone voice apparently) would have loved him to have stayed and proved just how good he can be. Seems he might be a disruptive influence, but that might be sorted out by a strong coach. Wish him well at Oldham.

Misses training,fails to turn up for a game,bad influence in dressing room. Shame that because as you say he’s a talent.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Misses training,fails to turn up for a game,bad influence in dressing room. Shame that because as you say he’s a talent.

Talented people have flaws. Pity Karl H didn't get a chance with him. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

15 hours ago, colinb said:

Talented people have flaws. Pity Karl H didn't get a chance with him. 

True but how many clubs has he been at for just one season? Read into that what you will, and they weren't all coached by weaklings either.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 02/01/2020 at 22:40, phildog said:

Charlie Martin...oh aye, him who looked and talked a good game!! We have enough 'salt of the earth, give their all' types, don't really need another, need a decent kick up the rump signing to kick on from getting Lunty, wonder if we're getting inside his head foe a name or two? Is Rhino contributing much do you think?

I'd like some clarification as to what role Karl is currently fulfilling at the club. His name has barely been mentioned in recent months; only reinforcing conspiracy theories that he was announced alongside Lingard in order to soften the blow of us having recruited another inexperienced coach. 

4 hours ago, Tony F said:

I'd like some clarification as to what role Karl is currently fulfilling at the club. His name has barely been mentioned in recent months; only reinforcing conspiracy theories that he was announced alongside Lingard in order to soften the blow of us having recruited another inexperienced coach. 

At the quiz night the other month, Craig basically said that Karl was there as mentor for him and is available for him to go to for any help and advice as needed. He said himself then that Karl wouldn't be seen much around the club, but was available on the other end of the phone. Sounds like a fairly loose arrangement, but if Craig is comfortable with it, then fair enough. Allows him the autonomy to be able to make his own decisions , but he has an old head on hand if needed. 

2 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

At the quiz night the other month, Craig basically said that Karl was there as mentor for him and is available for him to go to for any help and advice as needed. He said himself then that Karl wouldn't be seen much around the club, but was available on the other end of the phone. Sounds like a fairly loose arrangement, but if Craig is comfortable with it, then fair enough. Allows him the autonomy to be able to make his own decisions , but he has an old head on hand if needed. 

Sounds to me like he doesn't have any real role whatsoever, then. I'll wager that the vast majority of coaches have a more experienced pal to whom they occasionally turn for advice. Looks like the whole Harrison thing was just a smokescreen. 

On 04/01/2020 at 20:21, Tony F said:

Sounds to me like he doesn't have any real role whatsoever, then. I'll wager that the vast majority of coaches have a more experienced pal to whom they occasionally turn for advice. Looks like the whole Harrison thing was just a smokescreen. 

A smokescreen for what? Is there something cunning and devious going on at your club?

I fully expected Rhino to be involved in recruitment with his contacts and agency. Not a smokescreen for hiring a coach with little experience as I believe he's got enough about him, but to be around, and to be seen, a personality to fee the club up. Hope we're only paying him appearance money!!

40 minutes ago, phildog said:

....gee!!...

whizz!

Is this one of those word assocation games?

Archived