Leeds Rhinos in talks over surprise swoop for Bradford’s Rhys Evans

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Comparing Evans and Luke Briscoe? Seriously, Championship fans which one do you want in your team?

Yeah you’re probably right, that is a bit harsh on Rhys given he’s played the bulk of his career at a top end Super League club, vs Luke who’s played the bulk of his career in the 2nd division 

On 02/01/2020 at 16:52, GUBRATS said:

Good player Rhys , if he can manage to stay on the pitch ?

On 02/01/2020 at 20:56, GUBRATS said:

As I said , if he can remain fit to play , he's suffered with injury unfortunately , played on Loan at Leigh when he 1 st signed for Wire 

Well I will add a big WAS in front if your first statement, injuries apart in his second stint at Leigh I consider he was as much use as a "button on a sock" in the games he played, not sorry he left at all.

14 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Comparing Evans and Luke Briscoe? Seriously, Championship fans which one do you want in your team?

I'd much rather have Briscoe at my club , I seriously doubt Evan's ability to play more than a couple of games in a row without breaking down 

Just now, Wolford6 said:

I'm very sorry to see Rhys go.

For Leeds fans, he's more of a centre-######-second-row these days. He's bulky, talented and a grafter. You'll get your money's worth.

###### = c u m

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 03/01/2020 at 12:58, Konkrete said:

Mixed feelings on this one.  Evans is a decent player at Champ level, better in defence than attack, works his nuts off every game.  So a little sorry to lose him.  But he does get injured and if he's a big earner on our payroll then there's a benefit there.  Squad wise we're a little short of numbers so more bodies coming is good, BUT, what we don't want are kids from another club that can't hack it straight away.  We've got our own latest set of academy players that look terrific, so they must get priority.  Good news is that they would come on loan not DR, so there's minimum periods and we won't be obligated to play them.

The club is in a very bad state and the fans need something to be proud of, something to invest in.  For the last few seasons that's been seeing the kids come through (before getting picked off).  They should take note that whilst a player like Evans leaving is understandable, further sales of our top emerging talent for peanuts is not acceptable.  

It's working out quite well for the Bulls to be fair. We haven't managed to get a D/R partner but that is irrelevant if we have five, or so,  loanees since only five D/R or loans players can play anyway. As you say we need some of the more experienced players, the ones on the 'outer' at Headingley and not youngsters - we have plenty of those at the club, chomping on the bit, already.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

On 03/01/2020 at 13:18, DoubleD said:

Holroyd and Walters who are rumoured to be going the other way to Bradford are definitely of the standard who could hack it straight away in Championship 

Hopefully.  But we don't know.  They'll have to prove it.

Forever in our shadow, forever on your mind.

On 03/01/2020 at 19:32, The Blues Ox said:

I remember when they played directly opposite each other at Leigh Sports Village in 2018. Fev's right flank gave Leigh all sorts of bother that day and Briscoe scored two great individual tries. That was a while ago of course, but I'm not sure Evans has actually played since...

Archived