OurLeague schedule?

Yesterday Bradford announced that 3 of their games were going to be shown live on OurLeague and would also be switching to a 6.15pm kick off on Sundays.

Two of these three games are in March and the third is in May, which would suggest that OurLeague are well advanced in their coverage decisions.

This makes me wonder why neither OurLeague/the RFL, nor any other Championship/League 1 clubs, have made any announcements yet about fixtures. If they have, as seems likely, already been decided a fair way into the season, it would surely be best to let everyone know as soon as possible given there are presumably going to be a lot more kick-off changes.

I just don't get why Bradford have unilaterally announced 3 games that aren't even near the start of the season when there is no other information out yet?

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yesterday Bradford announced that 3 of their games were going to be shown live on OurLeague and would also be switching to a 6.15pm kick off on Sundays.

Two of these three games are in March and the third is in May, which would suggest that OurLeague are well advanced in their coverage decisions.

This makes me wonder why neither OurLeague/the RFL, nor any other Championship/League 1 clubs, have made any announcements yet about fixtures. If they have, as seems likely, already been decided a fair way into the season, it would surely be best to let everyone know as soon as possible given there are presumably going to be a lot more kick-off changes.

I just don't get why Bradford have unilaterally announced 3 games that aren't even near the start of the season when there is no other information out yet?

"LEIGH CENTURIONS GAMES SELECTED FOR OUR LEAGUE COVERAGE
Four Betfred Championship fixtures involving Leigh Centurions have been selected for the OurLeague app between March and May.
On Sunday, March 1, our derby against Swinton Lions at Heywood Road, Sale, will be streamed live on the app with the game kicking off at 3pm as originally planned.
The Easter Monday trip to Whitehaven will also be shown on the app with a 3pm kick-off.
Our home game against Toulouse Olympique on Sunday, April 26 will be broadcast with a 3pm start while the away fixture with Bradford Bulls (at Dewsbury) on May 17, will now kick-off at the later time of 6.15pm."

So it looks like there is the option to stay at 3pm if so desired. 

16 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

"LEIGH CENTURIONS GAMES SELECTED FOR OUR LEAGUE COVERAGE
Four Betfred Championship fixtures involving Leigh Centurions have been selected for the OurLeague app between March and May.

Ok hadn't seen this (has it come out today or earlier?). Presumably details of other games are going to come out slowly.

19 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ok hadn't seen this (has it come out today or earlier?). Presumably details of other games are going to come out slowly.

Yesterday afternoon, but it only seems to have appeared on the official Facebook page for some reason with nothing on Twitter or official website as yet.

25 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

York have just announced that their home game against Widnes on May 3rd will kick off at 6.15pm, so seems a safe bet we can pencil that in as an OurLeague game too.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

What a  great time for fans , especially travelling ones...

Match finishes at 8 … given the huge distances involved it'll be almost, what, 8.30 before some fans get home?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

What a  great time for fans , especially travelling ones...

It's not 2 bad a KO time / Day to be fair. Fev v Leigh had a decent crowd, decent travelling support and decent TV Ratings. It's only 3 hours later than the traditional Kick off time / Day. 

38 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

It's not 2 bad a KO time / Day to be fair. Fev v Leigh had a decent crowd, decent travelling support and decent TV Ratings. It's only 3 hours later than the traditional Kick off time / Day. 

I agree. We have been moaning for years about lack of Championship games broadcast live. Many people will be able to go to a game at 3pm and then watch another TV game when they get home. Let's not be all doom and gloom.

18 hours ago, Dave T said:

Maybe it has been decided to allow the clubs to announce these games initially to manage the messaging to their fans of changing kick off times where relevant.

This Our League link up was agreed between the clubs and the RFL so as to increase TV visibility.  Also for added funding i think.

51 minutes ago, M j M said:

Am I imagining it or was 1800 on a Sunday one of Bradford's preferred kick off times back in their heyday?

Correct. I once went to Keighley v Leigh at 3pm in blazing sunshine - featuring Tommy Martyn taking a drop out that went out for a drop out at the other end - and then Bradford v Warrington at 6, greeted At Odsal by torrential rain and a thunderstorm. 

23 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Will these be on Twitch? I find casting from phone apps to TV so last decade!

I really hope they will be. Not all the OurLeague streams appeared on Twitch last season, but it'd be great if they did.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

So 35 fixtures shown in the first few months, that's a big leap from last year Isnt it? 

They seem to have been increasing it over the last two years, so the demand is evidently there.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

They seem to have been increasing it over the last two years, so the demand is evidently there.

Were the viewing figures ever released? 

Just seen the breakdown for the first batch of games,

15 Championship games including 8 Sunday evenings

5 League One

5 Challenge Cup

4 Women’s SuperLeague! 

1 hour ago, philipw said:

Good stuff. Great to hear Sky & all the Clubs are on-board and that the club's are even contributing a percentage of their central funding. 

All the Clubs & the RFL now need to get the message out far and wide to download the ouRLeague app. 

Archived