Signings

Graham Greaves

5 hours ago, RogerT said:

Last I heard of Hallett he was at Keighley I believe, didn't he fall out with the dressing room and coach at the time.

He also had an argument with the showers and a wheelbarrow.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Bulldog Days said:

TBH there is no 'moral high ground' any more in Championship RL. Unless a Club has big money backing and Directors who are prepared to take risk for reward, DR is a necessary survival option, based on a Club's skill in negotiating, implementing, and developing the right DR contract.

It continues to be an issue though, doesn't it, and also one of degree. I could see a situation arising in the not too distant future where some clubs might be tempted by the prospect of simply becoming nursery clubs for their SL counterparts. Under such circumstances I am sure that many fans would continue to turn up but I suspect that I wouldn't be one of them. When your club loses whatever unique identity it is that attracts you and demands your loyalty then you simply shrug and walk away.

I do hope that never happens with any club.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

6 hours ago, zaz9 said:

I don't think Keenan has ever let us down

He hasn't and he's been patient and a team player. It's just he's thrown in on a whim at wing, centre or second row. The first 2 positions he should be no where near 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

24 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It continues to be an issue though, doesn't it, and also one of degree. I could see a situation arising in the not too distant future where some clubs might be tempted by the prospect of simply becoming nursery clubs for their SL counterparts. Under such circumstances I am sure that many fans would continue to turn up but I suspect that I wouldn't be one of them. When your club loses whatever unique identity it is that attracts you and demands your loyalty then you simply shrug and walk away.

I think this is even more likely should the sky money dry up.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Top post BSJ. I have to say if the Bulldogs became a feeder club then my 50+ years of attending the Mount would come to an end. I feel that Featherstone a once proud and much admired club have lost their identity with Leeds Rhinos keeping their squad players playing at a good level in the championship. Others are becoming ever more dependant on D/R. It is in my opinion a bad thing for the game. 

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Totally agree with your argument BSJ, and as posted I stated that it has to be the right DR agreement, negotiated and implemented in the best interests of the Championship Club, and therein lies the skill to prevent the soul being ripped out of a Club, that has taken in some cases 120 years to create within a community.

On 07/01/2020 at 17:35, Blind side johnny said:

On the flip side though, how many defeats or seasons of failing to compete with teams that use DR will it take, to end up with the same end result, with fans shrugging shoulders and walking away? In turn, leaving the club with less chance of being competitive as each season passes.

The conclusion is just the same, only the way we get there changes.

As much as I dislike DR, I didn't leave the games we had lost at at Featherstone or Swinton for example, feeling any less disappointed that we'd lost because the opposition had used DR to beat us.

Warrington are still looking for a partner but they wouldn't suit you. Good luck if you link up with Wakefield.  ?

• 2 weeks later...

So, Hull choose Bulls over us for DR yet still sending players out on loan elsewhere; Bienek gone to Leigh, bet he does plod for them like he did here. How come we're always at the a*se end of everything? Late looking for players, late on DR'ing, loans....

Certainly gives more potency at 13 than Browny

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

4 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Certainly gives more potency at 13 than Browny

Certainly on the one game today and the starting lineup could be the one to face Fev with the addition of Dickinson. I thought Everett also stood up well today

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Everett looks better now than under diskin where I think he lost too much weight. Gledders and cropper return will keep props on their toes.

All pivots good today apart from yates

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Totalrl had a report that we had or were going to re-sign him. Not heard anything concrete about Gledhill.

Linners in League Express says Tom's work commitments have changed. He will be training 2 nights and Saturday with us,still playing for Cleckheaton and should be fit for us in about 4 weeks. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

55 minutes ago, colinb said:

Linners in League Express says Tom's work commitments have changed. He will be training 2 nights and Saturday with us,still playing for Cleckheaton and should be fit for us in about 4 weeks. 

Can he play centre?.....

we seem to have 9 props but only 1 centre...?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Archived