Our League

the old nine ole

I read that Our League are showing a series of games for the upcoming season .... to date i think Bradford are the only team to announce this, but the press release says it will involve most teams.  The concerning issue for me is the change to kick off times ..... Bradford games have been changed to 1815 kick off time which will undoubtedly mean that some fans will not be able to attend ..... if you have bought a season ticket will Our League refund the price ... I doubt it!

Does anyone know if any of our games are affected?

I fully understand the need for the Championship to develop its own TV deals ... but again it does feel that it has been a last minute strategy and without much consideration to the long suffering fans! 

I don’t foresee the kick off time affecting me, but feel that we Fans should have been considered before establishing that starting time.

At least then, we could have put forward our multiple choices for kick off times for OuRLeague to mull over, but that could create havoc at whomsoever heads OuRLeague and thus our ideas would be cast aside. Now that’s probably why the long-suffering fan has been ignored. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I don’t foresee the kick off time affecting me, but feel that we Fans should have been considered before establishing that starting time.

At least then, we could have put forward our multiple choices for kick off times for OuRLeague to mull over, but that could create havoc at whomsoever heads OuRLeague and thus our ideas would be cast aside. Now that’s probably why the long-suffering fan has been ignored. 

Blame your own club for ignoring its fans. The clubs agreed unanimously to meet the broadcaster's schedule. 

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Blame your own club for ignoring its fans. The clubs agreed unanimously to meet the broadcaster's schedule. 

So we all blame our club’s then? At the end of the day the broadcaster will do as they please and sod the supporters. It’s the players I feel sorry for as it’s less recovery time,let’s not forget that majority of them are part time.

45 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

So we all blame our club’s then? At the end of the day the broadcaster will do as they please and sod the supporters. It’s the players I feel sorry for as it’s less recovery time,let’s not forget that majority of them are part time.

The clubs unanimously accepted the deal, so who else is to blame?

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Im fine with this.  Im sure you're right about the players and Im pretty sure that it will reduce the numbers that travel form Widnes (not least if the weather is pants the day) but what Our league are doing is surely good for the game and for all clubs?  If every now and then we have to play at a slightly odd time so be it...

I would imagine that this is will be a test to see what the viewing numbers are with a view to selling it to TV companies next season.

If TV companies are not interested then I’m guessing that the clubs may charge for the service via the Our League app next season.

rambo.gif

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Errm, who are the broadcasters that we should be blaming Graham?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

7 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

How do YOU know the clubs agreed?

"At the last Championship Clubs meeting, the RFL discussed with clubs the issue that the sport as a whole needs as big a TV presence as possible and that this will be enhanced through the OurLeague platform. 

The clubs agreed that the RFL would choose which fixtures would feature whilst clubs were made aware that some may feature more than others. The clubs agreed unanimously it is essential to have that TV presence."

Archived