Hornets v Widnes.

apiarist

Won't make a difference on the result.

From a Hornets perspective it's all about the way we play, good tackling, passing and kicking is a must no matter who we face we have to get those basics right. It's more about the performance than the win.

21 minutes ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Can anyone put names to the shirt numbers today, quite a few new faces but I wasn’t sure with a lot of them who was who 

There is a teamsheet on Twitter mate if your on there with numbers and names are on there 

Literally just spotted it on Instagram. If the trialists Adam Jackson the no6 looked really comfortable, Ryan Bradbury no12 looked really strong, Hesketh no11 looks really good and the big bearded guy who came on towards the end looked like he could do some damage didn’t catch his number.

Freeman, Ainscough and Pencywicz are class

In spite of all the nay sayers I think there’s a really good team amongst the squad that’s been pulled together. Regardless of who remains in the squad, it will be a young fit athletic team with a spine of quality experienced players. 

And I love the fact the bitters on social media are having a dig at the number of amateurs given a chance, it’s so short sighted and weak it’s laughable.

15 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

Literally just spotted it on Instagram. If the trialists Adam Jackson the no6 looked really comfortable, Ryan Bradbury no12 looked really strong, Hesketh no11 looks really good and the big bearded guy who came on towards the end looked like he could do some damage didn’t catch his number.

Freeman, Ainscough and Pencywicz are class

The guy with the beard was not on the team sheet for some reason, don't know why, Matty has his work cut out sorting this lot out because there was so much enthusiastic talent on display he's going to have to play the video in slo-mo. I'm delighted, we will have a decent squad this term, bring on the old enemy....can't wait.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

It was a good game, I thought defensively we were very good and scored some nice tries up the middle. It was mostly the second team for widnes but that team would do well in our league so if we play like that we should do well. The problem is that we didn't use the wings at all and also droped the ball on the last four times we had possession, also some of our last plays were poor but that can be put down to us being a new team and our first run out. 

1 hour ago, Heywood Tiger said:

In spite of all the nay sayers I think there’s a really good team amongst the squad that’s been pulled together. Regardless of who remains in the squad, it will be a young fit athletic team with a spine of quality experienced players. 

And I love the fact the bitters on social media are having a dig at the number of amateurs given a chance, it’s so short sighted and weak it’s laughable.

Having a lot amateurs in a squad is reason for concern as they may not be up to the standard in fitness and ability, I thought during the first half a few of our guys were blowing. And when we did take some of the more well known players off we did struggle.

We do have the makings of a good squad but one game does not make a season Whether it was a good or a bad run out for us.

44 minutes ago, The Lad said:

Having a lot amateurs in a squad is reason for concern as they may not be up to the standard in fitness and ability, I thought during the first half a few of our guys were blowing. And when we did take some of the more well known players off we did struggle.

We do have the makings of a good squad but one game does not make a season Whether it was a good or a bad run out for us.

Nail.on the head ??

Archived