Who would you choose to be relegated from SL?

Eddie

I know most of us (other than Wolfpack haters) wouldn’t wish failure on any club, but if you had to pick one club to finish bottom and get relegated who would it be, and why?

I’d pick Huddersfield, nothing against them and I admire what their owner has done but there are so many clubs in W Yorks already and I don’t like the look of all the empty seats on tv. I’d rather see Cas or Wakey, terrible grounds but they at least have character and you can see fans in the stands. 

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll put a tin hat on here but I’m not convinced that relegation has a place in the modern game of Rugby League, I don’t think we’re in a position as a sport to be relegating sides each year, so I don’t really want anyone to get relegated. I don’t think relegation from Super League particularly helps any side, especially this year. 

That said, we have relegation and I think that Hull KR, Huddersfield and Wakefield are probably in most danger with Toronto and Salford needing to keep an eye on what’s beneath them. 

I don't think it is a particularly nice discussion as all clubs go through bad spells and phases in history, my club could certainly have been a contender for being kicked out, and we weren't in as a standalone club in the original plan. 

But if the question is who would be the club you would evict if one had to go, for me it would be Wakey, Hudds or Salford and I have a real soft spot for each of them. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I know most of us (other than Wolfpack haters) wouldn’t wish failure on any club, but if you had to pick one club to finish bottom and get relegated who would it be, and why?

I’d pick Huddersfield, nothing against them and I admire what their owner has done but there are so many clubs in W Yorks already and I don’t like the look of all the empty seats on tv. I’d rather see Cas or Wakey, terrible grounds but they at least have character and you can see fans in the stands. 

I think Huddersfield as well for same sort of reason, just don't like seeing such an empty ground and a pretty poor atmosphere. People have a go at cas and wakey for their grounds but especially cas always looks full and I think has one of the best atmospheres in rugby league. 

Just a couple of years ago I would have picked Salford but their crowds seem to be slowly creeping up in a modern ground and their recent success shows there is definite potential for growth there. 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

People have a go at cas and wakey for their grounds but especially cas always looks full and I think has one of the best atmospheres in rugby league. 

Given I have to really try hard to attend live SL from where I live (and yes, although closer to the Broncos as the crow flies it is actually quicker and easier to get to the M62....) I tend to default to Wakey or Cas home games precisely because they have some atmosphere and I'm not spending 6 hours plus (return) on a train to sit in a half empty football ground.

Horses for courses of course.

It would have to be Huddersfield. Their ground isn't suitable for them which makes the whole experience of going and watching them depressing - and although they finished top once they don't really add anything to the league on the field. Plus they aren't exactly in a geographic outpost.

And cowbell.

Hull KR for the simple reason @sidneythekidney on twitter, he kicked and screamed when saints put out a weak side against London last year. To me they had every right to do so and they showed they genuinely look after their own players welfare in a season thats far to long anyway.

The guy needs to look at his own teams performance instead of other teams. 

Whoever deserves to get relegated at the end of all the games . I am a believer in things getting decided on the pitch , not on ticking boxes. Promotion , relegation , earn it or forfeit it where it counts on the paddock IMO

42 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Nah, we saw what Dodgy Del did with Leigh’s SL money last time round. Cannot be trusted. 

Yes indeed , beating Saints,Wire,Hull and sticking 50 past Wigan , wasted 

35 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

No relegation.

Multi millionaires/billionaires from USA etc to buy out SL+NRL.

Self financing clubs etc. No salary cap.

TGG becomes a global phenomenon.

Cloud cuckoo land granted?...Happy New Year/decade to you all?

Why stop at SL and NRL, the last thing TGG needs is clubs from tin pot places like St Helens, Wigan, Brisbane and Canberra. I’d merge the Sydney clubs, keep Melbourne Storm and Leeds and then relocate the rest to world cities like LA, Berlin, Tokyo and Rome. 

Would never want/wish relegation on any club as it is now almost a death sentence.  But if someone took my pet ferret prisoner and threatened to kill it unless I made a choice.  Toronto, no sweat.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yeah I agree with you about Huddersfield which is a shame as it’s the birthplace of the game. I wonder what would happen if they were relegated, would they still be able to play out of the John Smiths? 

Archived