TV coverage in 2020

RobertAM

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, manu266 said:

SN channels are busy with pre Super Bowl NHL games on Sunday next weekend, SN World has the Bundesliga, TSN, well, pre Super Bowl shows. Seriously not the best start date for Canada, but I think the Canadian broadcasters are partly to blame here too.

We might have to put up with it in this transition season. Negotiation for a new global contract starts in May. I dont care what they do in their local Northern English market but the future UK broadcaster shouldn't keep any control outside of the UK.

Game TV still showing the games?

On 12/01/2020 at 19:09, ojx said:

Northern Maverick is a good option for away days, but we really need a Liberty Village establishment to step up for home games pre/post libations. Hopefully the'll be some news soon. Word is that 3Brewers Liberty has been taken over by another brewing company, so that location could still be an option.

OJX anyone in 3B's spot yet?  

4 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Even if OurLeague streams it!!!

I'm gonna lose it if I have to listen on the bl**dy radio or follow a twitterfeed

Me too my friend.   In 2020, nobody should only have the option of listening to a game on the radio, it's embarrassing.

As an aside, I follow a lot of professional rugby union.  One country I follow a lot of is Romania, who have consistently been one of the better Second Tier sides of the past decade.  Had it not been for an eligibility issue which disqualified them and Spain from the RWC, they most certainly would have qualified ahead of Canada.

Romania's first Division of Men's Rugby Union is know as CEC Bank Superliga, it is an 8 team league that is completely professional and includes many good players from Eastern Europe and the Pacific Islands.  The reason I am able to follow this league is because the Romanian Rugby Union streams every game, online, for free.

Check it out:

https://www.rugbytv.ro/vezi/superligacecbank

17 hours ago, RobertAM said:

OJX anyone in 3B's spot yet?  

Not yet. Hopefully soon. 

No announced viewing party from the pack. Hope they get it together.

If you need to watch the game at home next week, get a VPN then subscribe to NOW TV sports package (Sky's online service). It's not cheap, but I got their boxing day discount. You will need a UK credit card.

Both league weekly and league express have reports saying sky will guarantee top games in Perpignan and Toronto will be on tv. So not every home game but the most important ones.

I guess it's a commitment that if they don't get any agreement with local broadcasters they will take their responsibility and produce the games in question. That'splan B.

For plan C, some SL teams have a subscription based streaming service that shows pre and post game interviews, live audio, extended highlights and even full game replay. I hope twp can put up this kind of service at least.

5 hours ago, manu266 said:

Both league weekly and league express have reports saying sky will guarantee top games in Perpignan and Toronto will be on tv. So not every home game but the most important ones.

I guess it's a commitment that if they don't get any agreement with local broadcasters they will take their responsibility and produce the games in question. That'splan B.

For plan C, some SL teams have a subscription based streaming service that shows pre and post game interviews, live audio, extended highlights and even full game replay. I hope twp can put up this kind of service at least.

Times a ticking....

34 minutes ago, TboneFromTO said:

Times a ticking....

Its interesting...I think the SL brass want Catalan coverage to continue, everyone is aware of their current conundrum.

That means some Wolfpack games not to be covered, but the people will want to see the Wolfpack on TV (worldwide), they will get complaints from paying subscribers...there will be pressure.

Then throw in who televises the games for what in Toronto, all the rights and everything.  I think Sky wants TWP to produce the games for free for them...so its a bit of a standoff.  One thing is for sure...the home crowds will be huge (unless there is bad weather).

I hope they get the TV thing sorted....the best scenario as far as I can tell would be TSN.  Get TSN to produce the home games and sell the feed back to SL (who have the international rights).  Therefore Sky would subcontract TSN...make a deal.  Then all the games here could at least be televised.

Given that RogersSW already has the TV rights to SL wouldn't it make sense to at least do a deal to televise the games from Lamport? A 2:00 o'clock start on a Saturday afternoon as a lead in to a 4:00 Jays game would be perfect.

But then this is Rogers, who are losing their shirts over that stupid $5 billion hockey deal.

(posted from my Rogers LG cellphone)

International broadcaster confirmed, same as last year (live.rugby-league.com aka streamamg), only Sky games to be shown.

Geoblocked countries are New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, United States, Canada, France, China, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Algeria, Egypt, Hong Kong, Israel, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Jpana, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Lebanon, Morocco, Macao, Mauritania, New Zealand, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Taiwan, Yemen

At a lower level you are not dependent on big corporations, big money, stupid geoblocking rules.

Big league now, and not the most clever one on top of that, so money rules.

So far the Thursday night game is still on SN World grid, with a useless replay on Friday morning. But no information about the 3 other televised game.

One is uber historic though, I don't know if they are aware, did someone tell them? First Canadian, North American, non European team to play in the super league. If they knew, it would be on tv right? Well let's stay optimistic, twp will tweet a miracle solution Thursday night, mark my words. We gotta have hope.

48 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

I suppose but our first 3 years-decent coverage, make the big show and it goes in the dumper?

There is still time..don't give up hope..it will get sorted (might take awhile though)...get that radio feed ready!

1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Hour tape delay.  Not so bad!

Looks more like a 10 1/2 hour delay to me.

I’m hoping for a late announcement of a deal that lets us watch this game live Sunday morning in Toronto. But If I knew that Sportsnet World was my only option, I’d sign up Thursday to get the Wigan/Warrington game that afternoon as well.

I really hate having to wait until the last minute to find out. This should have been settled months ago.

Archived