TV coverage in 2020

RobertAM

2 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

Looks more like a 10 1/2 hour delay to me.

I’m hoping for a late announcement of a deal that lets us watch this game live Sunday morning in Toronto. But If I knew that Sportsnet World was my only option, I’d sign up Thursday to get the Wigan/Warrington game that afternoon as well.

I really hate having to wait until the last minute to find out. This should have been settled months ago.

Haha I went the wrong way with the time in my head.  My bad.

What the hell are snw showing at 9am anyway

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've e-mailed Sportsnet Now, requesting info on Super League rugby games, and they have indicated that the following will be available, this week:

Wigan vs. Warrington -— Thursday, 2:30pm
St. Helens vs. Salford -— Friday, 2:00pm
Toronto vs. Castleford -— Sunday, 9:00am
Leeds vs. Hull FC -— Sunday, 11:30am

That said, the current schedule grid only lists the Thursday and Friday games, putting their coverage of Toronto Wolfpack games into question.  It will also require the very expensive SN Now+ package.  So, you're looking at $27.99+tax per month ($20.83+tax per month, when billed annually), or a full $9.99+tax per week if you wanna test it out.

That's pretty steep, considering it's merely a Sky Sports feed, since there is no guarantee every game will even be broadcast, and since I have little use for the SN Now+ service otherwise...

It also feels like a kick in the teeth that the team likely won't see a penny, given that Sportsnet purchased the rights from Sky with TWP apparently still not receiving central funding from the TV deal.

I'm seriously tempted to find an alternate means of watching the game, and using the money saved to purchase additional merch/jerseys/beer/tickets as at least some of that money will trickle down to the team.

54 minutes ago, ChoboMog said:

I've e-mailed Sportsnet Now, requesting info on Super League rugby games, and they have indicated that the following will be available, this week:

Wigan vs. Warrington -— Thursday, 2:30pm
St. Helens vs. Salford -— Friday, 2:00pm
Toronto vs. Castleford -— Sunday, 9:00am
Leeds vs. Hull FC -— Sunday, 11:30am

That said, the current schedule grid only lists the Thursday and Friday games, putting their coverage of Toronto Wolfpack games into question.  It will also require the very expensive SN Now+ package.  So, you're looking at $27.99+tax per month ($20.83+tax per month, when billed annually), or a full $9.99+tax per week if you wanna test it out.

That's pretty steep, considering it's merely a Sky Sports feed, since there is no guarantee every game will even be broadcast, and since I have little use for the SN Now+ service otherwise...

It also feels like a kick in the teeth that the team likely won't see a penny, given that Sportsnet purchased the rights from Sky with TWP apparently still not receiving central funding from the TV deal.

I'm seriously tempted to find an alternate means of watching the game, and using the money saved to purchase additional merch/jerseys/beer/tickets as at least some of that money will trickle down to the team.

I looked at SNnow+ last year. It did not offer any way to record shows and watch them later, which makes it much less useful. I hope the WP game will also make it to Sportsnet World, for which I would pay the extra $20/month. As always, it is very difficult to get any clear info from SN about RL or what their services actually include.

Hello fellas, 

As someone on this thread as already mentioned, I think the best option is to get a decent VPN service and then subscribe to Now TV. I would subscribe to Now TV Sky Sports Day Pass, which is £9.99 per buy. 

Check the fixtures on www.superleague.co.uk first, any Toronto games with the Sky Sports logo will definitely be on Now TV, which is a very good, high quality service from Sky. 

www.nowtv.com 

Failing that, get the TuneIn radio app, BBC Radio Leeds will have live commentary of the Castleford Game and the others featuring West Yorkshire teams. Whilst listening also follow the teams Twitter feed at the same time, I find this is the best way to follow your team if you can't attend or watch it live on TV. 

Good luck getting coverage guys, hope this helps. 

In the meantime TWP announced the premiere of their documentary Road to Super League, apparently available on Facebook.

image.png.c3d55923db8e514aa971d4192a84ece8.png

The current situation makes me believe 2 things

- Sky has less control over NA broadcast that what was previously reported. They are probably locked in a contract with SN and couldn't buy it back. Result no extra money (that could have potentially come from TSN) and ###### coverage.

- SN by putting the game live on their streaming platform + a stupid replay at 8PM on SN World, not even SN Ontario, not even SN ONE or 360, proves that despite the strong relationship that Rugby League Canada and Eric Perez have built with them, they still don't take us seriously.

Unfortunately for you guys the only option is to subscribe massively to the weekly pass when a Wolfpack game is shown. Show them the numbers that it brings. I don't like the idea to give for money to "'(§è!, but it is what it is.

An all good sense solution (so it won't happen) is for SN to put up a Wolfpack subscription, that would give access to live and on demand games, + extra shows produced by the club and the league, at a reasonable price. But it won't happen.

Just now, Kayakman said:

Well I just bought the package at $35/month...seems steep but i will give it a shot.

I mean - sky is £33.99 (£5.99 for a stripped down mobile version)

It's not THAT bad,  I just hope they show more twp games for you guys!

2 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

I mean - sky is £33.99 (£5.99 for a stripped down mobile version)

It's not THAT bad,  I just hope they show more twp games for you guys!

Got them down to $19,95 a month for just the one channel.

47 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Got them down to $19,95 a month for just the one channel.

Just paid the same amount with Cogeco. Its not cheap but when the NRL season comes around, they will play many NRL games on Sportsnet world too so I wont bother with watchnrl.com subscription. That eases the $20 a month pain. Also looking forward to seeing other super league games that dont involve toronto. Ive been waiting patiently for some exciting broadcast announcement from the Wolfpack but doesn't look like its coming. Guess it'll  be the radio for non-sky games..

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Just paid the same amount with Cogeco. Its not cheap but when the NRL season comes around, they will play many NRL games on Sportsnet world too so I wont bother with watchnrl.com subscription. That eases the $20 a month pain. Also looking forward to seeing other super league games that dont involve toronto. Ive been waiting patiently for some exciting broadcast announcement from the Wolfpack but doesn't look like its coming. Guess it'll  be the radio for non-sky games..

Yeah...I'm with Eastlink (Persona).  At first they said I had to buy the Sports premium  entire package...just want the one channel.

I am of the same thought as you on all of this especially with the NRL games....its the other SL games I really want to see live rather than You Tube later...so its not bad.   I hope we don't have the delay on Sunday though.

Maybe a different TV deal next year...it will have to play itself out but don't worry....Bob Hunter is the man to handle theses things...he knows what he is doing.

Never give up hope...we might just see all of those games!

Good news.
TWP tweet new of a viewing party and a TV deal announcement tomorrow.

I'm expecting a Canadian network, but no idea if it's for the home games, the away games, or hopefully both.

That said, I have an android box with about 400 channels including all the UK sky channels, so I'm set for this week

24 minutes ago, PatrickB said:

Good news.
TWP tweet new of a viewing party and a TV deal announcement tomorrow.

I'm expecting a Canadian network, but no idea if it's for the home games, the away games, or hopefully both.

That said, I have an android box with about 400 channels including all the UK sky channels, so I'm set for this week

Oh My God!  You mean I spent my hard earned cash for nothing!  Welcome to Rugby League!

Encouraged by 7,000-strong crowds drawn to Canadian international fixtures in a sports mad city and the 170,000 people watching a Rugby League TV show in the country, Perez saw a market and an opportunity.

Interesting tv figures, don't think it was mentioned before. If 170,000 of us watched that highlight show (remember?), of an exotic mainly northern English sport league, how many of us are ready to watch Toronto Wolfpack live games in that same league now? That deserves a decent tv exposure...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-7941997/Toronto-Wolfpack-set-make-giant-leap-elite-Super-League-fare.html

Miracle tweet coming later today.

So the TV announcement just came out, and unfortunately, it's not a season TV deal,

It's an announcement that this weekend and Week 3s match with be on Sportsnet World, and through Sportsnet Now+ Subscription.

Nothing yet about rest of home and away matches.

https://www.torontowolfpack.com/toronto-wolfpack-confirm-canadian-broadcast-for-season-opener/

13 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Who are you with?

I was on Cogeco but for the foreseeable future I'm in the hospital where all I get is the basic Cogeco package. It's free, but that's about all.

30 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

I was on Cogeco but for the foreseeable future I'm in the hospital where all I get is the basic Cogeco package. It's free, but that's about all.

I hope you are feeling better soon...whittling hours away in the hospital is not fun...all the best to you and get well soon.

Archived