TV coverage in 2020

RobertAM

42 minutes ago, LR23 said:

Ahead of the game on Saturday I thought it might be useful to know that Salford are now posting full games online (a day or so after the live game) - what is relevant to you is that you can sign up for free until the end of this month so could potentially watch the Toronto game and then cancel your subscription should you wish. Link is here:  https://www.salfordreddevils.net/red-devils-tv-new-platform/

I've not tried it myself yet but will be doing. The games are filmed from the gantry I believe so it isn't 'broadcast quality' but better than nothing.

Hope that helps/is of use.

Still don't understand why wolfpack don't launch a similar service. We want a TWP TV, should we start a petition?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, manu266 said:

Radio coverage just started on BBC  Manchester special feed.

Lineups also confirmed, Sonny Bill starting. 

O'Brien not even on the bench, hum...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/live/rugby-league/51214503

Wish I'd seen this 12 hours ago

Absolutely ridiculous that the Arrows get aired on TSN and Rogers can't find room to air a game featuring a Canadian team that they already have the rights to on one of their 6 main networks. Really, does poker and darts draw that big an audience?

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in Bob Hunter. I thought this was supposed to be his area of expertise.

5 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Absolutely ridiculous that the Arrows get aired on TSN and Rogers can't find room to air a game featuring a Canadian team that they already have the rights to on one of their 6 main networks. Really, does poker and darts draw that big an audience?

Quite frankly, I'm disappointed in Bob Hunter. I thought this was supposed to be his area of expertise.

That is a little harsh. The deal was already in place for SL coverage on SN in Canada. There is only so much he can do., buying back the rights to re-sell them must be exorbitantly expensive.

My point is that Hunter couldn't persuade Rogers to move Wolfpack games onto one of the main networks. Rogers already has the rights to SL so why not put the local team's games on where they can be seen by a larger audience?

I do not think Toronto can or will support two rugby teams and while the Wolfpack are currently ahead this deal with TSN will bring them massive exposure. Heck, just look at their shirt sponsors. TWP has their own product. TA has Honda. 

The Arrows are going to be coming on strong over the next couple of years. Without 100% support from RFL/SL - which we know they aren't getting so far - TWP are in grave danger of being eclipsed. Which would be a real shame because league is a much more entertaining product than union, but we all know being better doesn't always translate into success.

I don't think the arrows are that dangerous but yes we missed the boat. The first plan from Rogers was to put TWP on sn+. Then TWP convinced  them to put it on world but, I have heard that they missed the first 20 minutes of the opening game, they were still stuck on their Bundesliga  spectacular. Sn world in not any better anyway, TWP need to be on a more basic channel, Rogers  shouldn't be a partner of choice in the future, they have missed  the boat too. Unfortunately we are stuck  in this contract because sky and the league haven't written a clause in case the product would become more attractive for a canadian broadcaster. And voila, brilliant league visionaries they are...

1 hour ago, TIWIT said:

My point is that Hunter couldn't persuade Rogers to move Wolfpack games onto one of the main networks. Rogers already has the rights to SL so why not put the local team's games on where they can be seen by a larger audience?

I do not think Toronto can or will support two rugby teams and while the Wolfpack are currently ahead this deal with TSN will bring them massive exposure. Heck, just look at their shirt sponsors. TWP has their own product. TA has Honda. 

The Arrows are going to be coming on strong over the next couple of years. Without 100% support from RFL/SL - which we know they aren't getting so far - TWP are in grave danger of being eclipsed. Which would be a real shame because league is a much more entertaining product than union, but we all know being better doesn't always translate into success.

I think our ace in the hole may well be Ottawa RL. I can't see another MLR Canadian team happening anytime soon but the advent of a second CDN RL team in 2021 may be the trigger that wakes up the networks that something is happening. But agree that the WP need to get going and sign up some more Canadian sponsors..now Air Canada taking over sponsorship from AT could encourage that..just hope Mr Hunter is on it.. And yes RFL/SL need to decide if they want us to succeed. This is a structural problem when you have SL owners doing their own thing to the detriment of RL ie Ch/L1. How they think they game will prosper and grow when there are two separate entities running League is a mystery to me..do they care??

3 hours ago, ojx said:

Still no word on a viewing party?

I got a message from Jason the GM. No official party nut if people show they will screen it. I intend to take them up on it

4 hours ago, TIWIT said:

TSN would be best option at the moment....this year is clearly a transition until the new Sky deal is signed...then who knows....TSN is the natural fit.

4 hours ago, Kayakman said:

TSN would be best option at the moment....this year is clearly a transition until the new Sky deal is signed...then who knows....TSN is the natural fit.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the current Sky deal ran to the end of the 2021 season.  If so, then to quote K-man, this year and next year are transition years.  If that is so then I can see the Arrows and TSN (if the Arrow games are on a non-subscription platform - i.e. basic cable), just hoovering up many more converts to Union than TWP have converted to TGG so far in their 3+ years existence.  I'm not a happy camper with how any of this is playing out including as TIWIT pointed out, the lack of a well-known recognizable Primary Shirt Sponsor.  How the blankety-blank were the Arrows able to lock-up Honda anyways????

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Wonder if their deal with the Arrows will preclude airing TWP. The production values last night left a LOT to be desired. The cameras lost any ball that was kicked but the commentators seemed to know what they were talking about. 

But my RU-loving buddy turned it off. He said it wasn't very good. The crowd was strictly friends-and-family - they apparently can't afford cardboard cutouts.

However, the Arrows are also the favourites to come out if the Eastern Conference and as the Wolfpack have proved everybody loves winner.

53 minutes ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought the current Sky deal ran to the end of the 2021 season.  If so, then to quote K-man, this year and next year are transition years.  If that is so then I can see the Arrows and TSN (if the Arrow games are on a non-subscription platform - i.e. basic cable), just hoovering up many more converts to Union than TWP have converted to TGG so far in their 3+ years existence.  I'm not a happy camper with how any of this is playing out including as TIWIT pointed out, the lack of a well-known recognizable Primary Shirt Sponsor.  How the blankety-blank were the Arrows able to lock-up Honda anyways????

Arrows are on TSN2 which is regional. 

Brian Burke us one of their shareholders.

It will be interesting to see how their home crowds increase, both compared to last year and over the course of the season with their TV exposure. And how much they will try to replicate the TWP experience at Lamport.

2 hours ago, Cameron Highlander said:

Sky is still in control in 2021 but that doesn't mean sportsnet is. Hard to tell they dont clearly communicate on this.

They are launching a brand. It makes sense to put it on the shirt. if it brings customer to Honda, it will bring customers to the miracle spray.

6 hours ago, manu266 said:

Sky is still in control in 2021 but that doesn't mean sportsnet is. Hard to tell they dont clearly communicate on this.

They are launching a brand. It makes sense to put it on the shirt. if it brings customer to Honda, it will bring customers to the miracle spray.

Thanks manu.  So, are you saying that the SKY deal with RFL/SLE runs for 2 more seasons but the SKY/Sportsnet deal ends after the 2020 season?  Or that even that is not clear?   Miracle Spray?

Sky UK contract runs until the end of 2021, that's for sure. 

What's going on in the Canadian market is really not clear in my mind. It's a wait and hope and see situation.

Sorry it's not really a spray, it's more like a cream... I think. 

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "rugby strength wolfpack"

Archived