TV coverage in 2020

RobertAM

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

No TV Coverage at all for your Round 4 clash coming up on Friday afternoon v Warrington. Not even sure you'll be able to access Radio commentary as it's not on BBC Local Radio this time, it's on 5 Live Sports Extra which you may need a TV Licence (UK) for! 

Screenshot_20200218-231335_Samsung Internet.jpg

Also.....according to the poster it is not even "live" coverage.

12 minutes ago, North but south said:

Also try wirefm. Warrington local radio and usually do live commentary of the games.

Thanks, good to know. Although Im a bit confused with media and more generally local affiliation in this region. Warrington and Widnes are not part of Merseyside, yet they seem to be part of the greater Liverpool area if there is such a thing, and they are usually covered by BBC Merseyside and Liverpool papers. Same with the train pass I bought for Merseyside rail, it does not cover Warrington apparently, I will have to pay some extra to get to the stadium, but Warrington train stations are so closed to Liverpool. How does that work exactly? If you know or are from the area... or anyone else? Sorry for the off topic question.

2 hours ago, manu266 said:

Thanks, good to know. Although Im a bit confused with media and more generally local affiliation in this region. Warrington and Widnes are not part of Merseyside, yet they seem to be part of the greater Liverpool area if there is such a thing, and they are usually covered by BBC Merseyside and Liverpool papers. Same with the train pass I bought for Merseyside rail, it does not cover Warrington apparently, I will have to pay some extra to get to the stadium, but Warrington train stations are so closed to Liverpool. How does that work exactly? If you know or are from the area... or anyone else? Sorry for the off topic question.

Radio stations for the areas are:

Wirefm - warrington and widnes

Wishfm - st Helen's and wigan. 

Warrington is historically Lancashire and although not considered either manchester or liverpool/Merseyside, its directly in the middle of the two cities and boarders Salford, the west has more leanings to liverpool and the east to manchester, whilst the south is Cheshire. Neither GMT or merseyrail cover warrington,warrington is covered by WBT, and links between warrington and these cities is poor. 

Warrington is not covered by the liverpool echo or the MEN but has it's own paper warrington guardian. Due to its location the wire might be on either bbc liverpool or manchester, usually manchester.

Hope that helps

3 hours ago, manu266 said:

It's local radio so all depends on transmitter mast locations, BBC Radio Merseyside covers South West Lancashire & North West Cheshire as well as Merseyside and Warrington falls within range to receive a signal. 

As for Merseyrail, Hunts Cross is the terminus of their Northern Line & the closest you can get to Warrington on their network, onward travel would have to be by main line which is operated by Northern. (About 20 minutes Journey time from Hunts Cross to Warrington Central.) 

It is completely absurd that the TV coverage was better when the team was in Championship than it has been for Super League. Between the inability to even watch them play and their mismanagement of fielding a competitive roster, I've already started to lose a lot of interest after being so excited before the year began. That's speaking as an invested fan; I can't even imagine what their plan is to maintain or grow the interest of casual fans when they can't even watch them play and/or win.

It's even more frustrating when you know that the game is probably shown live to Australian and south east Asian audience as part of a test for a new streaming platform, proving live broadcast is technically possible even when sky is not showing it.

Radio rugby is good though, its exciting, Wolfpack should get their own radio crew, specially for Lamport games that won't be on TV.

You've yet to have your finest hour, radio.

6 minutes ago, Raz said:

Wait, wait, wait.

They're not even going to televise their own home games?! There's no excuses for not being able to get a crew for the games in Toronto.

Getting a tv crew is not a problem, getting out of a bad broadcast deal signed by those brilliant M62 minds is another challenge 

From the radio commentary, my conclusions

Still too many spills

Very weak defensively on the side lines

Crucial penalties given

Maybe another head injury, player not identified 

But

They could stick to the scoreboard for most of the game 

Just one try behind at the end

Maybe a controversial try refused in the first half

M62 media are still nice with us

On 21/02/2020 at 11:56, Raz said:

It is completely absurd that the TV coverage was better when the team was in Championship than it has been for Super League. Between the inability to even watch them play and their mismanagement of fielding a competitive roster, I've already started to lose a lot of interest after being so excited before the year began. That's speaking as an invested fan; I can't even imagine what their plan is to maintain or grow the interest of casual fans when they can't even watch them play and/or win.

The issues you've identified are all out of TWPs control.  Super League has a very archaic TV deal that harkins back to the 90s when everyone had DirecTV and satellite Dishes on the sides of their houses.

Toronto isn't allowed to broadcast their own games.  

I'm looking for confirmation from the group here of Wolfpack games TV coverage from now until they come over to Lamport on April 18th.  As I see it, both the Feb. 29th. (Saints) and Mar. 5th. (Rhinos)  games are to be covered by Sky....and hopefully carried here (Canada) live on Sportsnet World.  And that is it.   Have I got it correct?  Thanks in advance guys.

Our "home" game at York vs wakefield will be televised also.

Challenge cup game on 14-15 march could be picked by BBC or our league.

All other games will be on radio, french radio even for the game in perpignan.

20200224_205306.jpg

Archived