Ticketing, how did it go?

Bearman

How did people get on with the new ticketing system?

From a punters point of view one of the downsides of the system is if an unexpected occurance event happens your money is lost.

Yesterday I never made it to the game but had bought my e ticket. I am more happy to see my money swell the coffers ( and as I watched it  in excellent quality on the Raiders website I saw the game for "free"). I assume that as I didn't go through the gate my attendance wasn't counted and the Raiders got to keep 100% of my money?

As I say I am more happy to see the money go to the cause but I  could see that others might be tempted to book their ticket at the very last hour. If they did could that cause a crash meltdown?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I found it a very easy process via the barrowevents website. I used PayPal to buy the ticket and had the PDF emailed to me automatically virtually straight away.

The QR code reader at the turnstile had no problem at all scanning directly from my phone's screen.

The hardest part was waltzing my way through the crowds of confused technophobes milling around outside, trying to get their heads round what to do in order to get into the ground.

When I entered there were problems with the ticket scanners which would have caused a problem had there been a big queue - it was certainly slower than going through the usual turnstile. Of the supporters I always stand with -  one had to pay cash as when he turned up the scanners weren't working and the other does not have computer access or a smart phone (I would think that there are quite a few more senior supporters who are in a similar position and don't have the option of downloading a ticket). Who actually operates the system? Is www.Barrow events.co.uk run by the rugby or are they having to pay a levy to someone for the ticketing? No doubt the RFL will see it as the way forward as you bombard supporters with spam emails in the name of reaching the public.

We plan a review meeting this week but so far very few problems have been reported. We did have a few internet issues as our router had been "borrowed" but that will be in place this week so should be slicker. The barrowevents site is owned by the club so there is no ticket levy except a very small charge for credit card sales. Owning the site also gives us options to become the ticketing solution for other events in the town and for us to charge the typical 50p-£1 booking fee

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

On 07/01/2020 at 16:51, the man said:

We plan a review meeting this week but so far very few problems have been reported. We did have a few internet issues as our router had been "borrowed" but that will be in place this week so should be slicker. The barrowevents site is owned by the club so there is no ticket levy except a very small charge for credit card sales. Owning the site also gives us options to become the ticketing solution for other events in the town and for us to charge the typical 50p-£1 booking fee

I did think that the "barrowevents" domain was a bit odd but now that you've said that it seems like a good idea. Have the events that the club has been runnning (outside of the rugby) been generally positive overall?

I will continue to pay cash at the turnstiles until im forced out

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

36 minutes ago, morty said:

I will continue to pay cash at the turnstiles until im forced out

I think there'll always be a cash-only gate, but if you'd rather queue at it than breeze through elsewhere then go for it.  Your choice.

Archived