Hunslet away

Batley Bob

Could be a tough game as I see they beat the Bradford Rams last week, and if Dom's playing...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I might just go to this one as my 2 eldest great grandies only live just under a mile from the Stadium and take them and introduce them to Batley Bulldogs rugby, just printed out our home fixtures for them seeing as I got them junior passes for the Mount.

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

Could be a tough game as I see they beat the Bradford Rams last week, and if Dom's playing...

Highlights on youtube. Bulls put out kids as they've something like 5 friendlies to honour!!! I'm sure Dom will bust a gut but his step and pass  will be expected. Will this be Lunts first dig

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

28 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Highlights on youtube. Bulls put out kids as they've something like 5 friendlies to honour!!! I'm sure Dom will bust a gut but his step and pass  will be expected. Will this be Lunts first dig

Thought i read that he would only be playing in the last two friendlies.

I don't see how Hull FC would work out for us, reading their take on it with running a reserve team they can only call on 2 Amateurs and Uni players so they would be calling on the DR club to make up their reserves.

Crikey we don't have enough as it is never mind sending players there, unless the head honcho at Hull FC as it totally wrong. 

44 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Not sure how Bradford expect to DR with Hull when they already  have one season long loan player from HKR (Milnes) and supposedly three loanees from Leeds in exchange for Rhys Evans. That only leaves one possible space for another player unless they are playing by a different  set of rules

If you read the article in LE Hull were planning to use their DR as a means of providing game time in their reserve team for players of their partner club rather than actually loaning players. I don't think that you have lost out here at all..

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Exactly and thank you BSJ somebody else who as read it right, they are plundering lower leagues to make up their reserve team seeing as they are very limited to the number of amateurs and college/uni students they can have.

We certainly have avoided a banana skin there. 

22 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Not sure how Bradford expect to DR with Hull when they already  have one season long loan player from HKR (Milnes) and supposedly three loanees from Leeds in exchange for Rhys Evans. That only leaves one possible space for another player unless they are playing by a different  set of rules

We have 2 players currently on loan, Rooks and Milnes from KR. I believe some of the Leeds signings are going to be released for a year, sign a permanent deal with the Bulls then go back to Rhinos in 2021. 

Believe this is the first

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/519/waite-pullan-signs-one-year-deal-to-be-a-bull-in-2020

2 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

We have 2 players currently on loan, Rooks and Milnes from KR. I believe some of the Leeds signings are going to be released for a year, sign a permanent deal with the Bulls then go back to Rhinos in 2021. 

https://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/article/519/waite-pullan-signs-one-year-deal-to-be-a-bull-in-2020

I'd like to be able to say that I'm shocked that the RFL would ratify this. - which let's be honest, is just a loop hole they have created to flagrantly bypass the loan and DR rules.

However, I'm not shocked, sadly, it is par for the course and not out of the ordinary for such a tin pot sport.

Nor is it a surprise that many people see the game as the parochial laughing stock that it is!

As each season passes I see my love for the game decreasing.

41 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

The article is ambiguous though, isn't it? Is he on a one year loan deal or has he actually left Leeds and signed a one year deal with Bradford with the hope of getting a SL contract in 2021? If it is the latter then I can see no problem, if it is the former then he should count as a loan player. It all depends upon who is retaining his registration.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

The article is ambiguous though, isn't it? Is he on a one year loan deal or has he actually left Leeds and signed a one year deal with Bradford with the hope of getting a SL contract in 2021? If it is the latter then I can see no problem, if it is the former then he should count as a loan player. It all depends upon who is retaining his registration.

Seems as though it's a 'full' signing  https://www.therhinos.co.uk/2020/01/10/waite-pullan-joins-bulls-on-one-year-deal/ 

4 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Bet the poor lad doesnt know weather he's coming or going. If he has signed for the bulls for a season, why is it he is made to believe he will be a rhinos player again after his stint with the bulls. Surely he would be a free agent and could sign for whom offers him a good deal.  Or am I not reading it quite as it should read. 

13 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Bet the poor lad doesnt know weather he's coming or going. If he has signed for the bulls for a season, why is it he is made to believe he will be a rhinos player again after his stint with the bulls. Surely he would be a free agent and could sign for whom offers him a good deal.  Or am I not reading it quite as it should read. 

Read the Leeds press release posted by LTS above. He has been released by Leeds who wish him every success in his RL career.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Read the Leeds press release posted by LTS above. He has been released by Leeds who wish him every success in his RL career.

We'll just have to wait for an injury crisis at Leeds  to see if he is miraculously loaned back to them. Or if he re-signs for Leeds at the end of the season, as predicted earlier in the thread.

33 minutes ago, fredm said:

And the Bulldogs squad is?

13 plus 6 on bench.

Few lads playing in positions they aren't accustomed to hoping they stick/ perform/ gel

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

Archived