Challenge Cup - all the way to Wembley!

So for the past few years I've tried to follow the cup from start to finish (you know, start at a game and follow the winner to the next and so on.....) but there has always been something in the way when the cup dates are announced - a family wedding one year, a holiday another etc. 

This year (so far) nothing! So I'm determined to do it*. So where to start? Shall I pick a draw at random from a hat? Or start with the closest geographically....? (I'm in a non-heartlands area) Any 1st round ties that stand out as potential crackers......? 

Any help/ideas gratefully received ?

*an away tie in Catalan would be out of my price range so my journey would end there ?

35 minutes ago, MamaKangaroo said:

So for the past few years I've tried to follow the cup from start to finish (you know, start at a game and follow the winner to the next and so on.....) but there has always been something in the way when the cup dates are announced - a family wedding one year, a holiday another etc. 

This year (so far) nothing! So I'm determined to do it*. So where to start? Shall I pick a draw at random from a hat? Or start with the closest geographically....? (I'm in a non-heartlands area) Any 1st round ties that stand out as potential crackers......? 

*an away tie in Catalan would be out of my price range so my journey would end ther

Where are you based? 

I think I will watch Mayfield .v. London on Saturday and maybe Normanton .v. Longhorns on Sunday. Depends what time I get up on Saturday though as I work friday night and don't get home from work until 6.20am saturday. Contingency plan is Leigh Miners as I can drive there in 20 minutes. Can anybody from Normanton confirm if there will be a match programme printed for the Challenge cup tie? I expect there will be one at Mayfield and Leigh Miners. Also, can anybody let me know where the British Police are going to be playing their tie? Last time I watched them they played at Siddal.

Thanks mate. That gives me a choice of 3 on Sunday. See what time I get up, how the weather is and if I feel like going out hiking first? I have watched RL at Nottingham Crusaders and at at Alfreton Town FC (Mansfield Marksman) in the past but have never watched Sherwood Wolf Hunt. They are producing a programme as well. I might well see you there. Can you tell me the name of the ground where it will be played? I'm an old Luddite and I don't do Satnav.

1 hour ago, MamaKangaroo said:

*an away tie in Catalan would be out of my price range so my journey would end there ?

Easiest one to get to when where you live I reckon, as you’ll have some long trips to come. 

44 minutes ago, Celtic Roosters said:

Thanks mate. That gives me a choice of 3 on Sunday. See what time I get up, how the weather is and if I feel like going out hiking first? I have watched RL at Nottingham Crusaders and at at Alfreton Town FC (Mansfield Marksman) in the past but have never watched Sherwood Wolf Hunt. They are producing a programme as well. I might well see you there. Can you tell me the name of the ground where it will be played? I'm an old Luddite and I don't do Satnav.

It's Debdale Park Sports & Recreational Club, Debdale Lane - next to Mansfield Woodhouse railway station. Sherwood Colliery FC (East Midlands Counties League) also play at this venue.

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

Easiest one to get to when where you live I reckon, as you’ll have some long trips to come. 

Was about to say the same.. 

after the first round your fate is out of your hands so you may as well make the only one you can control easy for you.

Archived