Sign in to follow this  
jannerboyuk

RLWC 2021 to take place at Buckingham Palace

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

And Jason Robinson is there as a RLWC2021 ambassador. I don't think its a major issue, you do. In any case I doubt much if any of the press focus will be on him.

When did I say it was "a major issue" ? I just questioned the fact as to why someone more associated by the general public as being a Rugby League player couldn't have done the draw. It is yourself who appears to has created a high peak out of a sea-level structure.

8 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

When did I say it was "a major issue" ? I just questioned the fact as to why someone more associated by the general public as being a Rugby League player couldn't have done the draw. It is yourself who appears to has created a high peak out of a sea-level structure.

Oh okay then

“building of a brand new national rugby league centre in Manchester”! Have i missed something? 

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Rugby league is rarely the subject of a piece from the national broadcaster's sport editor. Another piece of evidence that international sport commands so much more coverage than the club game and we should remember that when we place the international game as an afterthought and then scratch our heads at the lack of media coverage.

To be more positive, to get Prince Harry to do the draw at Buckingham Palace with a number of good ambassadors is a great move. Have been really impressed with RLWC 2021 team so far.

• Like 3

Twitter: @TrylineBlog 
Latest Blog: #SocialMediaReacts - World Club Challenge Special - https://thetryline.blogspot.com/2020/02/socialmediareacts-world-club-challenge.html

Just watching BBC Breakfast, I've never seen RL mentioned so much in one programme.

To top it all, Kevin Sinfield has been in the studio for a decent-length interview. Whilst referring to the RLWC , the focus was primarily on mental health within RL and sport generally. Clearly, Prince Harry was referred to as a supporter of work on mental health but, to be fair, his involvement did not swamp the interview.

• Like 3

Just put Sky News on, Kay Burley interviewing Jason Robinson outside Buckingham Palace. Not sure of the reason she is outside the Palace for her show. 

Flicked onto Sky Sports News and they were explaining the draw. 

This tournament is looking like all the things we normally ask for! 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Why does it have to be a player known more for his Rugby Union exploits ?  Yes, Jason Robinson played RL but to the general public he will be best known for scoring a try when England RU won their world cup.

For example why not have Kevin Sinfield, a former England RL captain ? Yes, he played one season of RU at the end of his career but to most he will be known as a Rugby League player.

Would they get Sam Burgess to do the Rugby Union world cup draw ?

Kevin Sinfield has just been on National TV discussing the WC and mental health, a really good interview.

Maybe try be positive for once?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So far this morning had mentions  on Sky News, Sky Sports News, Radio2 and top story on Sky News app. 

Big video on social media about mental health charter too. 

Great stuff. 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Kevin Sinfield has just been on National TV discussing the WC and mental health, a really good interview.

Maybe try be positive for once?

I just worry about the first viewing of a female player getting coverage. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RL does what Sky says said:

You do appear to yourself look for the negative in things which are not meant to be. I only commented on why a person who the vast majority of people in this country would know more for RL than for RU could not have done the draw.

Yes Jason Robinson was a star RL player but ask anyone with no great interest in either code about which sport he played and the vast majority would say Rugby Union.

Katherine Grainger is there as chairwoman of UK Sport.

To be fair and taking a step back a little but of you are aiming for someone with "no great interest in either code" then no RL player is really going to grab the attention as, unless you like the code, our profile is so low no one is going to be "recognisable". Jason Robinson is a name that people may recognise and then look into why he is associated... but i do think you are playing this up too much. Rugby Fans of both codes will understand, someone with no knowledge of either is either not going to know/care or they are going to have a look, the odd few will think it is odd and move on but we have probably lost them anyway

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RP London said:

To be fair and taking a step back a little but of you are aiming for someone with "no great interest in either code" then no RL player is really going to grab the attention as, unless you like the code, our profile is so low no one is going to be "recognisable". Jason Robinson is a name that people may recognise and then look into why he is associated... but i do think you are playing this up too much. Rugby Fans of both codes will understand, someone with no knowledge of either is either not going to know/care or they are going to have a look, the odd few will think it is odd and move on but we have probably lost them anyway

It's a draw in the middle of the day.

Meanwhile, Kevin Sinfield has just been on BBC Breakfast and Today.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Just put Sky News on, Kay Burley interviewing Jason Robinson outside Buckingham Palace. Not sure of the reason she is outside the Palace for her show. 

Today's RLWC draw is going to be a media fest, if rugby league can't use that to get attention then they never will.

So, with that in mind, I expect a couple of RL admin folk to look shocked at getting more than the usual 2-3 local and rugby press journos turning up and having put on nothing but a small plateful of sandwiches and a small flask of 5-hour stewed tea.

• Like 3

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" - Mark Twain

12 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

The draw is at 12.00 noon GMT, details of how to watch it live:

https://www.rlwc2021.com/the-tournament/the-draw

Says it will be on Facebook and Twitter. You don't need an account to watch it, just click the links.

This here suggests its gonna be on the BBC sport website as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/rugby-league/51082255

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I believe Kay is an RL fan herself.  She is one of the Mcgurrin  family , respected players and administrators over the years in Wigan

• Like 1

I cant wait for this, really looking forward to it. The Prince Harry business has certainly worked in our favour and for once the media cant ignore us.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, del capo said:

I believe Kay is an RL fan herself.  She is one of the Mcgurrin  family , respected players and administrators over the years in Wigan

Yeah, seen here refer to RL and her Wigan background previously.

Hipefully they fix it to get Tonga, Samoa, scotland, cooks

NZ, Fiji, Wales, greece

England, PNG, Jamaica, Ireland

Australia, Lebanon, france, italy

Amazing publicity ... although the great knowledge of all these royal watching Quentin’s and Pippa’s with their double barrelled names and plummy voices on the news doesn’t seem to extend to how the draw will go , how well they think Tonga will go , or if hang dog Wayne should get sacked . Poor form indeed , could they not get Martyn down there .... it’s almost as if the draw isnt the big story here ... 

Edited by DavidM