Club England

so its been a while since i "joined" club england.. still no freebies as promised or updates.. was expecting this to be out before christmas.. anybody heard anything or got anything.. 

not surprising but bloody annoying.. its not the whole reason i joined as the discounts etc have been good and been used to buy tickets to the ashes etc, but would have thought this would have been sorted.

32 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

You'll never learn 

23 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

People actually joined this?! 

to be fair i got a discount on tickets so it has worked for that side.. just wouldnt mind them, you know, doing what they say they are going to... 

It is a great idea, all other major sports have a supporters club, and I am just waiting for the rfl/england/super league to act like a proper professional organisation.. eventually they have to employ someone who knows what they are doing in this regards just by the law of averages! looks like this is another false dawn of great idea awful execution!

5 minutes ago, RP London said:

to be fair i got a discount on tickets so it has worked for that side.. just wouldnt mind them, you know, doing what they say they are going to... 

It is a great idea, all other major sports have a supporters club, and I am just waiting for the rfl/england/super league to act like a proper professional organisation.. eventually they have to employ someone who knows what they are doing in this regards just by the law of averages! looks like this is another false dawn of great idea awful execution!

So, you’ve paid £25 to pay an extra £10 for England v Australia tickets then. 

I agree that it would be a good idea if the demand outweighed the supply of tickets for England Rugby League games. There isn’t and so, I think it’s pointless. 

2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

So, you’ve paid £25 to pay an extra £10 for England v Australia tickets then. 

I agree that it would be a good idea if the demand outweighed the supply of tickets for England Rugby League games. There isn’t and so, I think it’s pointless. 

erm no because you also get this going into the world cup too.. so once i start paying for those matches i will start making money. 

got this reply form the RFL

Many thanks for joining the England Supporters Club.

Unfortunately the arrival of the membership packs with us has been delayed slightly and, as a consequence, these were unable to be dispatched to members prior to Christmas. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this.

We are currently working hard to ensure dispatch at the earliest possible opportunity in the New Year and we would like to thank you for your patience at this time.

Sent a reply pointing out that communication is really quite important and if they had just sent that out to the Supporters club email list it would make people feel at least communicated with if not valued.. its so simple.. I know (as a business owner, though most people in any part of a business would get it) that your communication to customers is what makes or breaks you.. why do the RFL not get this?!?

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

So, you have then and you’ll need to attend at least three England games in the World Cup to “make money”. 

Actually scrap that, if this is an annual subscription thing, there’s very little chance you can actually have this as a genuine benefit, due to the recurring charge. 

You might “break even” or save £5-10 in a World Cup year if England progress to a final but in non-RLWC years, you’re throwing money down the drain due to England typically playing an average of 3 games a year. 

3 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

So, you have then and you’ll need to attend at least three England games in the World Cup to “make money”. 

I had always planned on going to those games and knock out games too so its not like it is forcing me to do anything i wouldn't have been anyway. 

So all in all i spend £25 now to save money in the long run and, hopefully, some extras in terms of potential deals down the line, advanced information and booking etc.. £25 hardly breaking the bank, savings are nice, information is nice.. i'm not going to end up out of pocket but was hoping that they had set this up properly in terms of communication with fans etc.. thats the bit that annoys me the most. 

1 minute ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Actually scrap that, if this is an annual subscription thing, there’s very little chance you can actually have this as a genuine benefit, due to the recurring charge. 

You might “break even” or save £5-10 in a World Cup year if England progress to a final but in non-RLWC years, you’re throwing money down the drain due to England typically playing an average of 3 games a year. 

1 minute ago, DoubleD said:

It's not just about 'making money', it's about supporting your national team

Double D is right... and this is the first year.. its not direct debit so i dont have to continue if it is not "value for money" but "value for money" is not just about making money off it (that is a bonus which I will do in this case) but also about getting something for that money. The RFL now have a year to put some other benefits in place for following years (I am sure you could ask the ECB/Barmy Army, the FA etc what they have in place in this regard and work from there, not rocket science).

Do I trust the RFL to do this.. no not necessarily but then next year I just dont pay if they do not. However, at this point I dont lose out so whats the issue?

You seem in a very bad mood today.. its my money and I simply asked a question if anyone else had heard anything.. 

5 minutes ago, RP London said:

I had always planned on going to those games and knock out games too so its not like it is forcing me to do anything i wouldn't have been anyway. 

So all in all i spend £25 now to save money in the long run and, hopefully, some extras in terms of potential deals down the line, advanced information and booking etc.. £25 hardly breaking the bank, savings are nice, information is nice.. i'm not going to end up out of pocket but was hoping that they had set this up properly in terms of communication with fans etc.. thats the bit that annoys me the most. 

Do you get discounts for World Cup games or just priority?

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Do you get discounts for World Cup games or just priority?

when i read it last november you also got discounts.. though i may be wrong. If i am and I dont make my money back on tickets then so be it, i am happy to spend net £10 on joining the supporters club for my nation and hopefully helping the RFL start something worthwhile (even if some dont think it is in the first year) it seems strange to whinge when there isnt something like this to then not support it when they actual start one up!

Just now, RP London said:

when i read it last november you also got discounts.. though i may be wrong. If i am and I dont make my money back on tickets then so be it, i am happy to spend net £10 on joining the supporters club for my nation and hopefully helping the RFL start something worthwhile (even if some dont think it is in the first year) it seems strange to whinge when there isnt something like this to then not support it when they actual start one up!

Fair enough.

On the original post, maybe the take-up has been poor (as the deal is poor, in my view) and they haven't got enough to trigger an order to the supplier?

Let us know what the RFL says, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Fair enough.

On the original post, maybe the take-up has been poor (as the deal is poor, in my view) and they haven't got enough to trigger an order to the supplier?

Let us know what the RFL says, anyway.

very possibly.. 

I doubt i will get a reply to my "you need to tell people these things then" email.. which would be ironic.. 

58 minutes ago, RP London said:

Double D is right... and this is the first year.. its not direct debit so i dont have to continue if it is not "value for money" but "value for money" is not just about making money off it (that is a bonus which I will do in this case) but also about getting something for that money. The RFL now have a year to put some other benefits in place for following years (I am sure you could ask the ECB/Barmy Army, the FA etc what they have in place in this regard and work from there, not rocket science).

Do I trust the RFL to do this.. no not necessarily but then next year I just dont pay if they do not. However, at this point I dont lose out so whats the issue?

You seem in a very bad mood today.. its my money and I simply asked a question if anyone else had heard anything.. 

Not in a bad mood at all, as if I’d let Rugby League bother me. 

I just find the premise of this poor when:

a) there’s no “winning” to this. You pay £25 and if you attend all three England games, you have still lost £10. Now, granted, that’s not a lot at all, barely a couple of pence a day, but with no real reward barring a couple of bits of tatt that end up at the bottom of a drawer, it seems a bit pointless. 

b) The whole supply and demand thing. There’s little demand to England games, in fact, in recent years, England tickets have featured on discount websites. If there was a higher demand, like there is with England Football, England Cricket, Darts, NFL and Baseball (all sports I’ve “joined” free membership schemes in order to get a jump up the queue due to demand) then it would make some sense to join.

c) England don’t play enough games. They have averaged approx. 3 games a year over the past decade. If England played the number of games RU, Football, Cricket played, it would make more sense. 

Granted, you feel as though you’re helping in a small way to fund the game and/or help The RFL but personally, I struggle to see enough pros to make me join this club whilst the game is in its current state. Again, understandable that you may hold some hope that your money will go towards changing that. 

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

a) there’s no “winning” to this. You pay £25 and if you attend all three England games, you have still lost £10. Now, granted, that’s not a lot at all, barely a couple of pence a day, but with no real reward barring a couple of bits of tatt that end up at the bottom of a drawer, it seems a bit pointless. 

b) The whole supply and demand thing. There’s little demand to England games, in fact, in recent years, England tickets have featured on discount websites. If there was a higher demand, like there is with England Football, England Cricket, Darts, NFL and Baseball (all sports I’ve “joined” free membership schemes in order to get a jump up the queue due to demand) then it would make some sense to join.

c) England don’t play enough games. They have averaged approx. 3 games a year over the past decade. If England played the number of games RU, Football, Cricket played, it would make more sense. 

Granted, you feel as though you’re helping in a small way to fund the game and/or help The RFL but personally, I struggle to see enough pros to make me join this club whilst the game is in its current state. Again, understandable that you may hold some hope that your money will go towards changing that. 

As you put , they don't play enough games , because there isn't enough credible opposition to play , it is that which holds us back 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

As you put , they don't play enough games , because there isn't enough credible opposition to play , it is that which holds us back 

Australia, NZ, Tonga, PNG and it seems Fiji are on the up, too. There is enough credible opposition, it’s getting all of them on the same songsheet and others up to a credible level. 

10 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

why should i need to win? and what is "winning"?

I paid money i was prepared to pay to get what I was promised in return.. my only issue is that they are not doing that (i have not got the pack at the moment.. getting that would be a "win" in that i got what i paid for).. we should also hopefully get other things down the line which I hope materialise to do with the world cup and england team.. information and preferential/early sales etc. but i dont see any of this as "winning" infact i see that as a bizarre way to describe this 

You dont agree with the premise of the England Supporters club and the way they are doing it, fine. I am sure you voiced this earlier on the thread about it when it was launched.. I, and said this at the time, have no issue with the payment. I was hoping it was a change in the way the RFL treated the supporters, something we have been asking for for a long time.. it does not seem to be the case which is a shame. I agree england need to play more games, always have, and point 2 is also fair which is why IMHO (as i have mentioned) it is about more than that and giving more than just tickets etc.. after all I have only been a supporter for 30+ years so its not like I am aware of how little the national team play.. I didnt go in to this with eyes shut about the money.. my disappointment is about the way this has been treated when it should have been "over the top" in communication etc to make the "members" feel welcome and part of the family.

I am so very glad I restarted this argument when all i was asking was whether anyone else had heard anything.. 

When England play France at Leigh (it'll happen...) as an Ashes warm up in October there should be a fiver off there too, so that's potentially £20 saved if you join up and go to all the games.

Although, according to the official England Rugby League site fixture list, we don't appear to be playing anyone this year: https://www.rugby-league.com/england/fixtures which just makes the sport look amateurish.

Even though I will go to every Ashes game (plus the warm up) I didnt sign up for the club as I was utterly uninspired by a cheap and unstylish looking beanie hat with a badly attached logo and a pin badge.

What I would like from England RL is for them to actually get their gear in RL club stores, for years there has been no way to try their stuff on before you buy. They managed it for the GB tour and its something they really need to work on for RLWC2021.

Archived