Widdop out for first 4 weeks of season

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't sound too serious, which must be relief to all concerned.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Shame, I’m looking forward to seeing him in SL this season. 

Yeah I was enjoying the idea of getting to see all the top teams (excluding Saints) new halves pairings early doors and probably Austin/Widdop excited me the most. Hopefully it is 4 weeks max and they're just being cautious as that does seem like a long lay off for what sounds at least like a relatively minor injury. 

Widdop, who has just moved back to the UK from sunny Australia, picks up injury that conveniently keeps him of the awful first few rounds of SL when it's still freezing...

On a serious note, good news that it's not too serious as he is big pick up for Warrington and SL.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

This is a six week plus injury and that's assuming he returns on time and that he picked up the injury today. Realistically, it's a minimum of a seven week injury. 

With three weeks to go to the season starts, it's less noticeable, but in season if he picked up this knock, he would be approaching two months off the field, so it does seem reasonably serious and possibly more than just a rolled ankle.

He's had no luck with injuries and hopefully he can get some decent game time this year.

17 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

Nothing missed here, don't rate him. He got by in the NRL because of the calibre of the rest of the team. Disappointing at international level, proof is in the pudding in super league

?

If he'd signed for Leeds we'd have had to send a job lot of kleenex to Headingley.

42 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

Nothing missed here, don't rate him. He got by in the NRL because of the calibre of the rest of the team. Disappointing at international level, proof is in the pudding in super league

That’s a harsh assessment in my view. The strength and depth of players in Aus means you can’t get away with stealing a living playing RL down there, like some SL players do - especially in the halves/fullback. He’s been very unfortunate with injuries in recent years - when he does play he’s still one of the best backs England have and would certainly be in the top 5 in SL.

This is before his dodgy shoulders have been tested as well. Three dislocations and two reconstructions in two years can't have left them in a decent state. Didn't he dislocate his hip a few years back as well? Now seven weeks out before playing a game. Almost Gary Wheeler levels of unfortunate

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That’s a harsh assessment in my view. The strength and depth of players in Aus means you can’t get away with stealing a living playing RL down there, like some SL players do - especially in the halves/fullback. He’s been very unfortunate with injuries in recent years - when he does play he’s still one of the best backs England have and would certainly be in the top 5 in SL.

When he does play, funny didn't seem to play for GB recently......

11 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

He was probably the best half in the world a couple of years ago before he sat the rest of the season out.

new rise.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

He's been made of biscuits for the last 5 years, and taking him at this stage of his career was a huge risk by Warrington.

That's just simply not true, is it? Apart from his very first season at Storm and his very last at the Dragons, he played over 20 games a season every single year. In a league that only plays 24 regular season games that shows he comfortably played the vast majority of the time.  

13 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

Yeh the dragons in the nrl have an amazing side.and everybody loves Ben hunt

26 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

He's been made of biscuits for the last 5 years, and taking him at this stage of his career was a huge risk by Warrington.

It's the kind of signing Wigan used to make back in the day 

An excellent one 

15 hours ago, Moove said:

This is before his dodgy shoulders have been tested as well. Three dislocations and two reconstructions in two years can't have left them in a decent state. Didn't he dislocate his hip a few years back as well? Now seven weeks out before playing a game. Almost Gary Wheeler levels of unfortunate

And that signing turned out well for Wire didn't it !!!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived