Widdop out for first 4 weeks of season

On 10/01/2020 at 07:58, MyMrsWouldPreferSinfield said:

He was 5/8th of the year 2017.

The only risk Wire have taken is on keeping him fit not his ability. Whoever says different doesn't know his a rse from his elbow.

Who says he was the 5/8th of the year 2017?

Was it the Stevie Wonder magazine?

Sorry I don't rate him at all,but like I said let's see what he does at super league level (eventually) and maybe I'll eat my words,but I doubt it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

Who says he was the 5/8th of the year 2017?

Was it the Stevie Wonder magazine?

Sorry I don't rate him at all,but like I said let's see what he does at super league level (eventually) and maybe I'll eat my words,but I doubt it

He is literally the official NRL 5/8th of the year 2017.

I.e he is the Dally M 5/8th of the year 2017.

Similar to how SL has the Dream Team.

I have never been much of a fan on his Club form.
He seems to be one of those players that gets hyped and pumped up far beyond his actual ability.
His best years are behind him.

Why would top shelf player from the NRL sign for Warrington... 

Getting a Dally M award in some cases is like getting the Golden Boot or whatever it is called nowadays, its spin, bullcrap and polish.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 hours ago, Rhinoferg said:

Amazing how much the spin from the media can cloud reality....

as a dragons fan i wasnt happy when he left.  though his shoulder problems could mean his nrl wouldnt have lasted long.

hed be one of the better halves in the nrl.  better than corey norman who we replaced him with.

we wanted him to stay too

23 minutes ago, aj1908 said:

as a dragons fan i wasnt happy when he left.  though his shoulder problems could mean his nrl wouldnt have lasted long.

hed be one of the better halves in the nrl.  better than corey norman who we replaced him with.

we wanted him to stay too

Norman is the biggest load of junk in the NRL

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

I've never been Widdop's biggest fan, and there are serious question marks over his injuries, so this signing could go either way. 

But he is a far better option than Patton and for me our halves have been the issue that has held us back in recent years. 

Get that sorted it could be our year. 

On 10/01/2020 at 09:10, hunsletgreenandgold said:

That's just simply not true, is it? Apart from his very first season at Storm and his very last at the Dragons, he played over 20 games a season every single year. In a league that only plays 24 regular season games that shows he comfortably played the vast majority of the time.  

You know that doesn't tell the whole story though don't you?

I stick to my earlier statement, his body is broken, and as he gets older, it will become more of an issue.

7 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

You know that doesn't tell the whole story though don't you?

I stick to my earlier statement, his body is broken, and as he gets older, it will become more of an issue.

Tell me the whole story then - I must have missed something. Explain how ‘he’s been made of biscuits the past 5 years’ ? 

Looks like that shoulder injury he had has really affected his......ankle ?

On 13/01/2020 at 09:05, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Ah so everyone played bad but he was in the top 3 best worst list? Okay mate. Where can I find that list out of interest? 

This is getting boring now. Widdop is not as good as he is or has ever been made out to be. End of.

On 12/01/2020 at 00:14, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Tell me the whole story then - I must have missed something. Explain how ‘he’s been made of biscuits the past 5 years’ ? 

Looks like that shoulder injury he had has really affected his......ankle ?

OK mate, you are obviously right as it seems you can't be wrong.

However, your contention that he is not made of biscuits has fallen at the first hurdle as he will be missing for the first month of the season.

Please come back with a coherent argument when, or if, he actually takes to the field of play. In the meantime, he will continue to prove that he is made of biscuits whilst sitting on the touchline injured.

3 hours ago, Jim Prendle said:

OK mate, you are obviously right as it seems you can't be wrong

Nope, I just call out widely inaccurate quotes and then asked for more info when YOU claimed I didn’t know the whole story, whatever that means....

However, your contention that he is not made of biscuits has fallen at the first hurdle as he will be missing for the first month of the season.

You said ‘he’s been made of biscuits the past 5 years’ - missing the first 4 weeks of a season doesn’t prove that, Jim. 

Please come back with a coherent argument when, or if, he actually takes to the field of play. In the meantime, he will continue to prove that he is made of biscuits whilst sitting on the touchline injured.

Really? You’re asking me to provide a coherent argument when, with very little effort on my part, I’ve pulled to pieces everything you’ve said and shown you to be way off the mark. It’s easy being right on this forum sometimes when you see some of the rhetoric spewed on here, with attempts to pass it off as fact. Do some research, Jim - it makes for better debate ?

Archived