Jamaican Sponsorship

Eddie

Hi all,

In case you miss the existing thread, dealwithit has very kindly arranged for a fundraising page to be set up for TRL Forum members to sponsor a team in the Jamaican RL league this coming season. 

We need to raise a minimum of $500 US or $700 AUS and are currently at $345 AUS (thanks in part to two incredible $100 donations) so if you want to help out this is the website for donations. 

https://chuffed.org/project/friends-of-jamaica-rl

There is a lot of enthusiasm for the game in Jamaica but not a lot of funding, so this will help buy balls, equipment etc that the teams desperately need to be able to take part. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Heritage XIII said:

It's in Aussie dollars so just remember when you put in the amount. If you wanna donate 10 pounds put in say 25 in the amount which will be AUD$

You can choose GBP (or some other currencies) too if you like ?

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

Come on chaps, loads of people said they’d donate at the start, it’s only the cost of a couple of pints - think of your livers. 

I think, post-Christmas, some people may be holding out 'til their next payday.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 hours ago, Eddie said:

Hi all,

In case you miss the existing thread, dealwithit has very kindly arranged for a fundraising page to be set up for TRL Forum members to sponsor a team in the Jamaican RL league this coming season. 

We need to raise a minimum of $500 US or $700 AUS and are currently at $345 AUS (thanks in part to two incredible $100 donations) so if you want to help out this is the website for donations. 

https://chuffed.org/project/friends-of-jamaica-rl

There is a lot of enthusiasm for the game in Jamaica but not a lot of funding, so this will help buy balls, equipment etc that the teams desperately need to be able to take part. 

On the site page, it says something about dev inno also providing a donation. Do you or anyone else know any more about this?   

Does this mean the selected team will get $1000?

22 minutes ago, Omott91 said:

On the site page, it says something about dev inno also providing a donation. Do you or anyone else know any more about this?   

Does this mean the selected team will get $1000?

Or that we can sponsor 2 teams?

Further down the page it states:

"To support the cause, Dev Inno Ltd will not only be administering the donations but will contribute to Jamaica RL by offering $500+ in kind donation by way of a fully funded scholarship to its '3xE: Employment, Education, Entrepreneurship' © program."

So I think it's not club sponsorship, but will be available to help improve the life of one or more player through funding some of their education or helping them into employment.

Just now, Whippet13 said:

Further down the page it states:

"To support the cause, Dev Inno Ltd will not only be administering the donations but will contribute to Jamaica RL by offering $500+ in kind donation by way of a fully funded scholarship to its '3xE: Employment, Education, Entrepreneurship' © program."

So I think it's not club sponsorship, but will be available to help improve the life of one or more player through funding some of their education or helping them into employment.

That’s very cool

Archived