Tony Gigot

Him leaving Cats was stupid on 2 counts imo.  Believing he could dictate where he played was a mistake as he’s not a good all round player as Tomkins.  Secondly the Club not plonking him in at centre and saying ‘play there’.  

They have a good FB in Mead.  Fields the ball well and aggressive in defence.  Better than Gigot, as ST is at HB.

Would surprise me if he ended up at HKR or Salford before the years out, but if he isn’t training himself, or with a local club, he’s gone from the pro game.  Shame really.

A good player, when he can be bothered.  The petulant mard-###### in him seems to be the dominant part of his psyche unfortunately. However, he might flourish under a team with a strong coach who won't put up with his ######.

He should accepted the contract offer at Catalans instead of leaving. I can't see him signing for a team until later on in the season if a club is struggling to fight relegation or are gambling on promotion, the issue being that he won't be match fit

That gamble didn't pay off then..

Guasch can be fairly criticised for treating French players a little unfairly in comparison to their imports but Cats took Gigot back straight after a drugs ban - I don't think he owes Gigot much. Would like to see him back in the centres with a point to prove but he might need to rein in the ego first.

From what I've seen of Gigot is that he can be a very good, natural talented player on his day. But he has an attitude that seems to be his downfall. It was the main reason he was let go from London the two times he has joined us.

He can be lazy at times, especially during defense, and can get stroppy if things aren't getting his way.

But as I said before, on his day he can be very good.

8 minutes ago, Click said:

From what I've seen of Gigot is that he can be a very good, natural talented player on his day. But he has an attitude that seems to be his downfall. It was the main reason he was let go from London the two times he has joined us.

He can be lazy at times, especially during defense, and can get stroppy if things aren't getting his way.

But as I said before, on his day he can be very good.

Sounds very ' French ' 

On 10/01/2020 at 09:21, CiderWire said:

A good player, when he can be bothered.  The petulant mard-###### in him seems to be the dominant part of his psyche unfortunately. However, he might flourish under a team with a strong coach who won't put up with his ######.

A good fit for Saracens who might be able to afford him next season.

19 hours ago, wackojacko said:

That gamble didn't pay off then..

Guasch can be fairly criticised for treating French players a little unfairly in comparison to their imports but Cats took Gigot back straight after a drugs ban - I don't think he owes Gigot much. Would like to see him back in the centres with a point to prove but he might need to rein in the ego first.

Exactly.  I said the same.  A little loyalty would’ve gone a long way.  When you look how long Catalans held on to Duport.  He was well past SL standard for a couple of seasons.

12 minutes ago, winnyason said:

Rumour of Leeds rhinos not sure how concrete.

Yes all over the shop but outside of France absolute golden era of 1950s he he best player outside that ? 

Would be an odd signing for Leeds because barring injuries he wouldn't be anywhere near FB the halves or centre. Might do a job on the wing but I doubt he's be up for that. 

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Would be an odd signing for Leeds because barring injuries he wouldn't be anywhere near FB the halves or centre. Might do a job on the wing but I doubt he's be up for that. 

Yeah centre possibly have a hunch he end up at Toulouse maybe but even there covered well at 6 and 1. 

Archived