Challenge Cup Match Odds 2020

15 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Doesn’t that answer you initial post?

i knew they did on winning the comp but not individual games.

That's correct as far as I know as well. None of the main betting companies offer odds for games - certainly not in the early rounds anyway. I vaguely remember a smaller bookies (Sporting Bet?) offering them a few years ago but with a very low cap on how much you could actually lump on - which makes absolute sense with the amount of inside knowledge you can get with RL sides outside SL.  

4 minutes ago, RugbyLad said:

Could be wrong then. I thought i saw they did for the first round last year. 

I can imagine bookies going under offering these sort of bets, especially without cameras.  Certainly could see it now happening with Our League presence though but the coverage would have to be 100%.  

Bookies were caught out with all this a long time ago when not all races were covered by radio link and people were putting bets on races that were not broadcast live, but the punter had a means to get essential info.

Would be good odds on Dean Ralph scoring the 1st try in Skirlaugh v HP though.

I think it would only be a win or loose market with maybe the handicap system. Can’t see them going into depth. Suppose we will find out later today or tomorrow morning if it’s something they will offer. 

Would make a nice acca to pick 5 or 6 winners out. 

14 hours ago, MZH said:

Nicely done. Hope you had something on it. 

Yes, limited to £50 stake as they know a few people go to town on this niche market.

One season, a group of individuals i know, made a 5 figure sum. The betting companies were'nt happy and appealed to the RFL after trawling the facebook accounts of the winners and noticing their affiliations.

But there were no rules in place then to stop insider trading, which is what it is. 

today,  Bentley off scratch (now -10), West Warriors -16 (now -22) and GB Police -28

3 large handicaps don't usually all come in, it's the small handicaps where the betting companies make errors.

Just a tenner today.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

12 minutes ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

One season, a group of individuals i know, made a 5 figure sum. The betting companies were'nt happy and appealed to the RFL after trawling the facebook accounts of the winners and noticing their affiliations.

But there were no rules in place then to stop insider trading, which is what it is. 

They can simply refuse to pay up - they have absolutely no legal obligation to pay out a winning bet.

1 hour ago, JonM said:

They can simply refuse to pay up - they have absolutely no legal obligation to pay out a winning bet.

Everybody that bets on a regular basis knows this and winning accounts are suspended in short order. There is a large scale use of other people's accounts by people paying for the privilege to combat this.

They did pay up as one of the companies had only just started sponsoring the competition.

There you go, you have learned something.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

1 minute ago, Dessie O'Hare said:

There you go, you have learned something.

Not really. I've had a few accounts gubbed by the bookies over the years. Just saying, if they really had thought there was something suspicious going on, they would have just not paid out. They do it quite a lot.

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

Just saying, if they really had thought there was something suspicious going on, they would have just not paid out. They do it quite a lot.

I can assure you they did pay out despite being suspicious, contrary to your experience. This was because there was no rule against it and the RFL told them there was no case to answer.

Hence, there is now a signed betting conduct code for stakeholders in the Challenge Cup.

Archived