The Law Cup

jroyales

I'm looking forward to this game immensely. 

I'll be pitch-side with my camera but since I no longer man the twitter feed I might actually get to enjoy the game.

Last week at Barrow, the experience of only doing one job, taking photos, was amazing.  Performing multiple roles at games has been my match-day experience for the past few seasons.  I'm now going to enjoy just watching like everyone else.

Yay!

51 minutes ago, clifford said:

Dave are you still involved with the media side of things at Oldham towers

I run the website and online store, which are two separate things.  I take match-day photos alongside Murgy.  I manage the resulting images. 

I'm also involved in the production of the match-day programme by providing an amount of content.  Sadly, its design is not within my remit.

Tweets that arise from website posts are auto-generated but anything else that comes out on Twitter/Facebook/Instagram is not me.

That's about it really. Of course, in my opinion, we could do so much better but hey-ho.

This season I'm going to produce a lot more indie stuff.  Poacher-turned-gamekeeper back to somewhere inbetween.  I'm happy with that.

Well. That wasn't the result we were hoping for !   What went wrong ? ?  Or should I say, "What went right?"

The best team won, they played like a pub team in the first half. That said a pub team would have played with passion and commitment which sadly Oldham lacked in the first half.

Second half with wilko running acting half they looked like a different team.

Hewitt's try on a dry track would not have stood but its a friendly but on that performance its going to be a very long season 

8 minutes ago, clifford said:

The best team won, they played like a pub team in the first half. That said a pub team would have played with passion and commitment which sadly Oldham lacked in the first half.

Second half with wilko running acting half they looked like a different team.

Hewitt's try on a dry track would not have stood but its a friendly but on that performance its going to be a very long season 

Coach was poor at Batley, appointed because he was a name. First thing you need to get right and have spot on is recruitment 

24 minutes ago, RLNew said:

Coach was poor at Batley, appointed because he was a name. First thing you need to get right and have spot on is recruitment 

Unfortunately we have very little money, so recruitment will be and is slow at best

Awful. Langtree was immense and Wilkinson and Abram were good but the rest were terrible. So lethargic from almost the kick off til mid way through the second half and even then we weren't good. 

Rochdale tackled their hearts out putting three men into every tackle slowing down the PTB and we couldn't break their stranglehold. Penky and Ainscough were class and were the difference for them.

We are desperate for two more props and utility back to cover centre as with Hutchings injury we now have no left centre. Aside from Joy we have no real props as Spencer is more a loose and Igbinedeon has barely trained with us. No wonder we had no go forward or intensity down the middle.

It's going to be a long hard season. On that performance I can't see us winning a game.

We didn't have a forward that could break a tackle, there wasn't a game plan it looked as though they were just playing off the hoof, their try before half time was an embarrassment, one that any club at any level would have been ashamed to have conceded.

Rochdale deserved the win and all the best to them. Oldham need to take a long hard look at themselves and apologise to the large following that paid good money to watch garbage. People will be saying it was only a friendly or I'm a doom and gloom merchant, if that's the case please give one good reason for optimism. We have no money and in my opinion a weaker side than last year - and that includes the coach.

jr thank you for coming on at last a realist speaking the truth. I watched the barrow match and we where nearly beat by trialists . today Rochdale had 7 trialists in their squad no contest, Oldham are a complete shambles. but one good thing I see rid of ch and if possible reform but I agree we will not win a game 

I’ve seen us perform great preseason and terrible in the first game and vice versa, I can only hope for the latter !! If that’s not the case then we might as well phone the RL up and ask to swap with a League 1 club. There was no desire especially in the first half and we look seriously short of players at Championship level .We have a poorer side than what we came up with and agree can’t see us winning a game. Just hope there was some other reason for the performance.

Archived