Worthington-17 tackles. 3 misses. 2 tackle busts. 10 carries=50m

Hutchings-7 tackles. one miss. 7 carries=47m

Johnson-5 tackles. one miss. one offload. 2 tackle busts. 13 carries=94m

Charnock-20 tackles. one miss. 3 tackle busts. 8 carries=32m

Hewitt-7 tackles. 2 misses. 4 tackle busts. 8 carries=63m

Joy-38 tackles. one miss. 16 carries=115m

Owen-27 tackles. 2 misses. 4 carries=29m

Spencer-32 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 12 carries=100m

Langtree-36 tackles. 6 misses. 5 offloads. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 13 carries=106m

Bridge-22 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. 15 carries=95m

Bent-42 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 9 carries=61m

subs

Wilkinson-16 tackles. one clean break. one try assist. 11 carries=94m

Brook-10 tackles. 2 misses. 2 carries=5m

Aaronson-one tackle.  6 carries=59m

Igbinedion-17 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. one tackle bust 11 carries=62m

Well from an outsider looking in, the performance at Barrow was decent, not the finished article but positive. How does it go so poor in the Law Cup.... embarrassing,shocking,poor all were aimed at Oldham. Can Diskin motivate the lads, well he sure as hell didn't in the Law Cup. Did Nobby ever lose a game at Spotland? Nobby did miracles on a miniscule budget, no matter what people thought of the style, he instilled pride and passion into our lads. the proof is in the pudding. He had pride in Oldham, does Diskin have it? Gave it large before the Law Cup (I know what it means blah blah) in the media and produced nothing.Let's be honest, he didn't rip up trees at Batley. Give the man a chance but I'm afraid with a very limited (numbers wise) squad he will be found out,maybe as he was at the Law cup,signing crocked players will end in disaster. The core of the squad if they remain fit, is good but 21/22 players in the Championship won't cut it.  Backs signings have been decent Abram,Charnock,Kay et Al. Forwards need massively boosting. Davies and Sheriffe crocked already. We need some firepower in the forwards. That's a given imho if we have any chance of survival.

The club is falling behind with social media and marketing also. We are a Championship club in name but off the field we would be lucky to manage the standard of the National Conference.

Sorry for the negativity peeps,  as you know I only want the best for our club, hopefully see you all sometime during the season. 

Try to keep the faith and support the lads on the pitch, long season ahead I fancy. 

Up the Yeds!

After a few days to reflect, I'm still disappointed in the performance. The result for me is secondary. It's a friendly no points lost. 

We are light in the pack. Phil Joy is inviting people to tackle him he hardly breaks a tackle. We need a vastly experienced prop who can break a tackle.

Saturday against saints is meaningless. I am fearful for the widnes game 

Archived