Which team shall we sponsor? Poll

Eddie

Go Hyenas!

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An update:

- We will sponsor the Hyenas alongside Dev Inno  

- Dev Inno is also sponsoring the schools competition.

- The funds are going directly to development workers/coaches and resources on the ground. 

We need to decide on our name to be listed on the jersey. During the campaign we had “Friends of Jamaica RL: Powered by Dev Inno” as the working title. Does anyone have any suggestions for a title?

- Friends of Hyenas

- International Fans of Hyenas

- Friends of Jamaica RL

- The IRL Pack

- IRL Supporters 

- ?? 

Hi all, 

Probably best for me to speak up at this point.

Firstly, thanks so much to each of you for making this happen, it really does help the game in Jamaica.

Now, as part of the package, RLJ aim to promote the product of the sponsor, so, in the case of this forum, we would love to drive some more users over here.

Dev Inno have been great and the amount over and above the USD $500 has secured them the naming rights to the High School U14, U16 and girls tournament.

We will incorporate Dev Innos brand onto the Hyenas jersey.

In terms of the help you guys have put forwards, we really look at these things as partnerships. So ideally, we would like to drive more people over to this forum. We reckon there are a fair few Jamaicas who dont know it exists yet, alongside somme of our Pacific and North American followers.

My question is two fold:

Would you like to have a simple message, or a driver to this forum (Hopefully Jon and the totalrl guys would be fine with that.

Secondly, as we will make replicas available, we are considering making them exclusive to Totalrl forum members for the Hyenas. If this is the case, would you prefer to be wearing a 'Totalrl Forum" logo, or a different message?

This is your choice of course, but form our perspective, we would prefer to promote your message rather than 'take the money and run' in our approach.

Many thanks again

Martin Riding

Rugby League Jamaica

23 minutes ago, gnidir said:

23 minutes ago, gnidir said:

Secondly, as we will make replicas available, we are considering making them exclusive to Totalrl forum members for the Hyenas. If this is the case, would you prefer to be wearing a 'Totalrl Forum" logo, or a different message?

Regardless of what's on it, I'll buy two (one for the wife!)

If we reference the forum (if permission is given) the name should make it clear that it is the fans on here that are involved. 

The fans who have supported this should be the focus, the forum should be incidental, if mentioned at all. Of course it doesn’t have to use the word “fans”, it could use a nickname for the supporter group.

Others may have a different view...

30 minutes ago, RP London said:

Can we put MobyClaw on it?

“”The Mighty Penguins” friends of RL. Join us and chat on totalrl.com/fansforum”

Or something more snappy!

I suspect quite a few donors won’t understand those old forum references.

2 hours ago, gnidir said:

Hi all, 

Firstly, thanks so much to each of you for making this happen, it really does help the game in Jamaica.

Now, as part of the package, RLJ aim to promote the product of the sponsor, so, in the case of this forum, we would love to drive some more users over here.

Dev Inno have been great and the amount over and above the USD $500 has secured them the naming rights to the High School U14, U16 and girls tournament.

In terms of the help you guys have put forwards, we really look at these things as partnerships. So ideally, we would like to drive more people over to this forum. We reckon there are a fair few Jamaicas who dont know it exists yet, alongside somme of our Pacific and North American followers.

My question is two fold:

Would you like to have a simple message, or a driver to this forum (Hopefully Jon and the totalrl guys would be fine with that.

This is your choice of course, but form our perspective, we would prefer to promote your message rather than 'take the money and run' in our approach.

Many thanks again

Martin Riding

Rugby League Jamaica

What’s the word limit? What do we have to work within? One line, two lines?

3 minutes ago, Copa said:

I suspect quite a few donors won’t understand those old forum references.

Bloody forum expansions... it’s the death of us that are the heart(land) and sole and destroys the forum :kolobok_ph34r:

I like the idea of having ‘TotalRL Forum’ on the shirt, it’s the one thing we all have in common and after all is where the sponsorship has come from. And if it helps get a few Jamaicans using the forum then all the better.

3 hours ago, gnidir said:

Hi all, 

My question is two fold:

Many thanks again

Martin Riding

Rugby League Jamaica

I don't mind what the logo says but i wouldn't restrict replica sales to forum members, it might limit sales.

Try to sell as many as you possibly can. 

I'm not bothered about promoting the Forum and presumably we can't have  "You can shove your Rugby Union up your ****"  so I'd opt for either "Friends of Jamaican RL" or a wider RL website which promotes the game such as: www.Rugbyleaguecares.org or www.RLWC2021.com  or www.rljam.com etc.

Whatever gets picked can we ensure that the wording and font size are sympathetic to the shirt, simple black or white lettering that is visual but does not look horrible. Take a look at Wigan's hideous bright yellow Prestone rectangle for an example of what NOT to do. 

What does Friends of Jamaican RL actually promote though? We should take this opportunity to promote something, if not this forum (which I think we should do but fair enough if others don’t) then a charity or something? I don’t think we can promote a website that we have nothing to do with, certainly not without their permission. 

Im not sure why we wouldn't want to promote this forum, it’s the thing that most connects us together and is a positive thing overall. The overwhelming bulk of active posters are passionate supporters of international rl  

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Hi all, 

The jersey space is indicated below. Please note these are not the finished jerseys, its just an indication for space of what you might like to work with.

Alongside this, the logo (When decided) will appear on all the club Facebook posts and background. We will also run 3 seperate promotions for your product through all our Rugby League Jamaica social (It hits about 100k people), so there is potential to drive others to this forum, or to point them to whatever cause you might like to.

Hopefully this helps!

2020-NCC-concepts.png

Archived