RAF v Bentley

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Bentley defence is fantastic considering how knackered they look. Just kept RAF out for 3 sets on the bounce. Only a minute or two left. 

Yep, they soaked up a lot of pressure inside their own 20m in the second half. Deserved winners.

GB Police 56-0 Torfaen a few minutes into the second half.

1 hour ago, JonM said:

Last minute try wins it for Sherwood Wolf Hunt against Wests Warriors.

Just back from Debdale Park. Very exciting game in which fortunes fluctuated on a heavy pitch. Wolf Hunt led 16-12 after 24 minutes then trailed 20-24 after 55. All Wolf Hunt in the last 20 minutes. They dropped the ball four times within 10 metres of the Wests line. Just when it looked as though they'd blown it, Wolf Hunt came up with a try from the last play. It tied the score at 24-24. The successful conversion, just to the right of the posts, made it 26-24. Admission was £2.50, a 12-page programme (including raffle) was £2.50 and the crowd I estimated at 350. Apparently, Wolf Hunt attracted 60 pre-match diners. Great day out in north Notts!

8 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Where are they from I’ve never heard of them. 

They're from Mansfield Woodhouse, a village a couple of miles from central Mansfield. Their ground, Debdale Park, is next door to Mansfield Woodhouse railway station. They were 2019 Midlands champions and (I think) beaten Harry Jepson Trophy finalists.

Archived