Away shirt

wonky

Only my view but a team should be identified by there team shirts,last year's tops were brilliant and original,even the home top this season is nice ,but i would not identify it as a town top ,more a halifax top.but just my opinion.if fans buy it great.

1 hour ago, Town utd said:

Only my view but a team should be identified by there team shirts,last year's tops were brilliant and original,even the home top this season is nice ,but i would not identify it as a town top ,more a halifax top.but just my opinion.if fans buy it great.

By all accounts it's flying off the shelves 

5 hours ago, Town utd said:

You do understand the concept of an away shirt? 

11 hours ago, Town utd said:

I think the clue as to why it’s red and green is in the story behind it, ie the colours of the first shirt ever worn by the town team 75 years ago. So with that in mind it then becomes very identifiable as a town shirt and pays due respect to those that started the club. Last years away shirt highlighted our heritage with the colours of the Cumbrian flag, this years highlights the history of the club with the first ever team colours. In my view both excellent shirts and both original ideas.

Personally I love the way we are in touch with our heritage . It is the core of everything we are and should be remembered and honoured in ways like this . We do that side excellently . This is a shout out to the earliest days and you can do things like that with away shirts . You basically have free reign . We’ve had some shockers but this isn’t one of them 

27 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I think the clue as to why it’s red and green is in the story behind it, ie the colours of the first shirt ever worn by the town team 75 years ago. So with that in mind it then becomes very identifiable as a town shirt and pays due respect to those that started the club. Last years away shirt highlighted our heritage with the colours of the Cumbrian flag, this years highlights the history of the club with the first ever team colours. In my view both excellent shirts and both original ideas.

The reasons above are exactly why we have chosen this jersey. 

We understand and appreciate that it's relevant because South Sydney wear these colours, but if you like them both then please purchase the one with a unicorn on it. ?

We really appreciate the feedback and it's gone down very well. 

Thanks to those who have purchased already. 

www.townshop.co.uk 

Available in adult and junior sizes. 

#ourtown #75years #1945 

23 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I like that. As someone said, it's the original colours  I've no idea why they changed to blue and white

Played in numerous colours in the early days  before what we know as town blue and white. Included green, red and even tangerine with black shorts

12 hours ago, silverfox said:

ITS BASED ON THE COLOURS OF THE FIRST STRIP TOWN PLAYED IN 75 YEAR AGO .

Which is a fine shirt in my view.......can I though add that in the shirt 'write up' you say Town won the RL cup 6 years after formation in 1952.....but why forget that Workington Town were the Rugby League CHAMPIONS after  just 5 years....beating Warrington at Maine Rd Manchester in a thrilling 1951 final....sorry to moan RW...not.

19 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Which is a fine shirt in my view.......can I though add that in the shirt 'write up' you say Town won the RL cup 6 years after formation in 1952.....but why forget that Workington Town were the Rugby League CHAMPIONS after  just 5 years....beating Warrington at Maine Rd Manchester in a thrilling 1951 final....sorry to moan RW...not.

Not forgotten by any means, and thanks for taking the time to read the full write up, just highlighted the Challenge Cup because it's Challenge Cup week. 

UTT. ?

14 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Well,If they play like the south sydney Rhabittohs in the shirt,That will do for me..?

Be good walking around Redfern in a Town shirt next time I'm Down under and people asking me about the colours?

Will go nice with my 86 "Smith Crisps" Rhabittohs shirt. 

Great looking kit and ordered last night ??

7 minutes ago, yanto said:

Be good walking around Redfern in a Town shirt next time I'm Down under and people asking me about the colours?

Will go nice with my 86 "Smith Crisps" Rhabittohs shirt. 

Great looking kit and ordered last night ??

Sell the club if they do pal . Sell it good ... dual reg with them would be awesome 

As a 15 year old was at that very first game with two Seaton pals. The only thing I remember was George Armstrong scoring the first try and Denis Cavanagh kicking the first goal. I would like to know that team that day.

Reference to the Tangerine shirt, it was all tangerine. I seem to think it was used as the way shirt. I believe it was worn the first time on Gus Risman's home game for Town on his return from the 1945  'Indomitables' test matches in Oz along with prop Fred Hughes.  

1 hour ago, old un said:

As a 15 year old was at that very first game with two Seaton pals. The only thing I remember was George Armstrong scoring the first try and Denis Cavanagh kicking the first goal. I would like to know that team that day.

Reference to the Tangerine shirt, it was all tangerine. I seem to think it was used as the way shirt. I believe it was worn the first time on Gus Risman's home game for Town on his return from the 1945  'Indomitables' test matches in Oz along with prop Fred Hughes.  

Respect

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

Well I never knew that 

Town v york 5th Oct 1946 14/2 tangerine shirt black shorts

TOWN V Warrington19th oct 1946 5/4  tangerine top, black shorts

Town v keighley wnd nov 1946 21/3 tangerine top, white shorts

Town v Belle VIew Sept 1946 16/14  black and amber shirt white pants

So seemed to mix it up  a bit, but still wearing tangerine to june 1947

Blue and white seems to come in around june 1947 but also wore red at home in same year and 1948

19 hours ago, Town utd said:

Totally agree, I am a traditionalist - I can't remember playing in hoops; either a single blue band or 'V' for me. Look how Wigan and Saints keep their identity. 

Archived