I know there is a film thread but thought this film deserved its own topic.

If you haven't seen it yet, do so. Great film. Incredibly powerful and moving. I am not ashamed to say I shed a couple of tears at one point. Sam Mendes has directed a brilliant film. 

Go and watch it.

5 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

If you haven't seen it yet, do so. Great film. Incredibly powerful and moving. I am not ashamed to say I shed a couple of tears at one point. Sam Mendes has directed a brilliant film. 

Go and watch it.

I will 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

I'm going later today

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Saw it today. Brilliantly directed and photographed, extremely powerful stuff. The two young leads did an excellent job too.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left

This species has amused itself to death

Agreed. The sets are amazing, as is the cinematography. The direction and writing are top class too.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Brill, Fantastic filming from start to finish.Strange how nobody touched there phones during film for a change, Or even moved for a while when film had ended,Not sure about the £11.70 for a  small popcorn and coke thou:kolobok_popcorm1:

On 13/01/2020 at 00:43, GeordieSaint said:

Go and watch it.

when I saw the title of the thread I thought u were giving us your pin number

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 13/01/2020 at 00:43, GeordieSaint said:

Go and watch it.

Is it filmed in real time over 2 hours or something? 

• 2 weeks later...

Did the Silver Screening  (as I'm recently unemployed) on Tuesday afternoon

There was a few tuts from the oldies at the swearing, and the loudness at times, will have made sure they didn't nod off!

Enjoyed it, very good film

Archived