Championship & League 1 play-off structure, 1895 Cup final before Challenge Cup final

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

So then why arent sky screening more games. They have the opportunity. They could screen the ourleague games. 

The idea that P+R has driven interest and value just isnt borne out by the results. 

Give it chance 

Build it and they will come 

Sky can't screen the our league games Scotchy because they aren't quite at broadcasting production standards required, that costs a far greater sum of money. It they were at the required standard, Sky would snap up that live sports content for free like they did with Toronto & Catalans. 

On 14/01/2020 at 11:16, RP London said:

As an Eagles fan that was there in 1998 as well i thoroughly loved the 1895 cup and winning another cup at Wembley and by the looks on the players faces they did too.. what was a massive shame is that most people had left that didnt support those 2 teams.. if it had been before hand the atmosphere would have been superb as people get there, see a good game going on and get sucked in (i know i do, i do it when channel surfing on sky sports too for sports i dont even "support" it drives my wife nuts!)

Yes i was going to the challenge cup final already as Warrington were in it but as soon as Eagles made the 1895 cup i re arranged a few things to make sure we could stay to watch it (it cost me a fortune as it then meant a night over and the wife, mother in law and daughter also decided to go down to london to watch Matilda!) but it was worth it. (if it had been a stand alone i would have gone, if the 1895 semis had been before the challenge cup ones i would have bought the tickets anyway, the added bonus would then have been wire getting to the challenge cup final rather than vice versa). 

It is not a perfect comp but this change makes it better. 

there is nothing wrong with the division below being a support act. To use the analogy of pop concerts I have seen some great bands as support acts before they make it big. Many want to be support acts to show their talent on stage where there will be agents and potential fans watching etc.. its the same for the players at those clubs. It is not meant to rival the Challenge cup it is meant to be the step down for the lower division clubs.. but they get to play on a great stage.. enjoy it (or dont)

OMG what a day out that must've been for you as a Wire & Eagles fan!!

2 hours ago, mrfranco said:

OMG what a day out that must've been for you as a Wire & Eagles fan!!

My son was beside himself (hes 11).. unbelievable day.. what an experience!

At the moment it's to learn how to run an app and gradually improve it whilst simultaneously gathering highly valuable marketing information. This has been mentioned already. 

8.5k is the highest live match viewing figure on our league at the moment. That's 1895 Cup. 

30k is the highest live match viewing figure on twitch at the moment. That's League 1. 

Archived